Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    @ Seidio

Big fan here! We appreciate you taking time out to check precentral but I have one question. By any chance do you guys have a holster that enables the user to check who is calling simply by angling the pre while it is still in the holster under development?

If you remember a company called AGF manufactured a holster just like the one I am describing. Unfortunately for them, it was recalled 2 days after the Pre was launched and failed miserably.

If you guys can develop a holster like this, that would be AWESOME!

Here is a link to the holster I am describing Palm Pre Holster From AGF Makes an Appearance

Best Regards,

Brian
    Based on the 2nd day of usage yes I'd recommend getting this battery.

Seidio also has a good return policy in case you're unsatisfied.
    I just picked up a Seidio 1350mAh battery made for the Centro to see if it works with the Pre.

So far I have put it in my PRE and it has rebooted nicely into webOS. Right now it appears to be charging its way to 100% without a hitch. I will update people on it if anyone is interested. If i forget to post to this thread and curious as to my progress, feel free to PM me.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    Unfortunately I flew out of town today, so I used my Pre entirely differently than I have been. I can't really give a fair evaluation of the Seidio battery until I get back to my normal work day next week. (Sprint Navigation is great though!)
    I'm back home, and got back to a "normal" work day yesterday, so I can finally make a valid comparison between the Seidio & OEM batteries.

Yesterday was the first time I have been able to go a full 24 hours without charging my Pre. I charged it up Sunday night, then took it off the charger just before going to bed. I browsed the web on the way to and from work on the DC metro (while roaming on Verizon), made a dozen or more phone calls, several dozen texts, and probably an hour or more of browsing on EVDO. When I went to bed, I still had 23% charge left.

This definitely was not possible a week ago when I was using the stock battery. I always have a spare battery for my phones, so I would have purchased an extra one anyway. I am very happy that the Seidio 1350mAh battery now lets me get all the way through a normal day without dying on me.
    Good post GuinnessX. I may have to buy a Seidio battery now.
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Id only do a larger capacity battery if it were no thicker.. Thickness in phones is my #1 gripe, since they go in my back pocket.
    Are you serious? You put the Pre in your back pocket? I am assuming you remove it before you sit down?
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Are you serious? You put the Pre in your back pocket? I am assuming you remove it before you sit down?
    Yeah, I've put all my iphones in my back pocket too. Yes, they are removed before I sit down; usually placed on the table (screen down).
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    I am with you on that - except the bummer will be - no touchstone use. I will probably get the 2600 for business trips.
    If it turns out you really only have to charge once a week, though -- then who cares about Touchstone? It's cool, yes, but if you are not putting the phone on charge very often...
    I too can vouch for Seidio batteries. I bought their 3200mah extended battery for my PPC-6700 in 2005 and am still using it today. The battery lasts for days without a charge. In fact, I don't think I've ever had it die on me. So all in all I've used their battery for 4 years now with no issues.

On the other hand and as a side note, I also ordered a screen protector from them that was absolutely horrible and did not recieve a response when I tried to email customer service. A waste of a few bucks.

When the extended battery comes out I'll probably buy one as well.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I guess it is time to make the purchase.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I'm back home, and got back to a "normal" work day yesterday, so I can finally make a valid comparison between the Seidio & OEM batteries.

Yesterday was the first time I have been able to go a full 24 hours without charging my Pre. I charged it up Sunday night, then took it off the charger just before going to bed. I browsed the web on the way to and from work on the DC metro (while roaming on Verizon), made a dozen or more phone calls, several dozen texts, and probably an hour or more of browsing on EVDO. When I went to bed, I still had 23% charge left.

This definitely was not possible a week ago when I was using the stock battery. I always have a spare battery for my phones, so I would have purchased an extra one anyway. I am very happy that the Seidio 1350mAh battery now lets me get all the way through a normal day without dying on me.

Not to rain on Seido's parade (as I am interested in the success of this battery) but is the extended life due to the battery, update 1.03 or a combination of both?
    just loaded the extended battery in my phone and it definetly goes in tighter
    than the oem battery which is a good thing although i have not experienced the shut off from battery yet so im excited to see just how much life i can get from this thing
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913
    @ Seidio

Big fan here! We appreciate you taking time out to check precentral but I have one question. By any chance do you guys have a holster that enables the user to check who is calling simply by angling the pre while it is still in the holster under development?

If you remember a company called AGF manufactured a holster just like the one I am describing. Unfortunately for them, it was recalled 2 days after the Pre was launched and failed miserably.

If you guys can develop a holster like this, that would be AWESOME!

Here is a link to the holster I am describing Palm Pre Holster From AGF Makes an Appearance

Best Regards,

Brian
    Hello Brian,

Thank you for your interest in our products! I have forwarded your suggestions to my product engineers who will review and place it into considerations for future product developments. Stay tuned!
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    I too can vouch for Seidio batteries. I bought their 3200mah extended battery for my PPC-6700 in 2005 and am still using it today. The battery lasts for days without a charge. In fact, I don't think I've ever had it die on me. So all in all I've used their battery for 4 years now with no issues.

On the other hand and as a side note, I also ordered a screen protector from them that was absolutely horrible and did not recieve a response when I tried to email customer service. A waste of a few bucks.

When the extended battery comes out I'll probably buy one as well.
    Did you buy the Seidio clear screen protector for th Pre? What about it is horrible? I was planning on getting one....
    I have this battery from Seidio, and I can vouch that it does work as expected. But I did buy it in my "I love my Pre, so I have to get accessories" phase and am sending it back. Like I said, it did do a great job at doing exactly as they describe. I noticed a definite jump in battery life in comparison to the original. I took my phone off the charger at around 7 am (it is now 4:13pm). It hasn't been back on the charger and I have made a few lengthy calls, was on the internet, had my messaging app open all day with me connected to AIM and GMAIL and have had Pandora streaming for a while and my phone is at 57%.

The only reason that I am going to send it back is because I am just going to wait for the larger battery.
    Although I haven't actually tried it, I would recommend getting the spare battery charger from Palm.com rather than the Seidio version. *snip*
    I have done exactly this and just received both today. It would appear the Seidio 1350mAh battery has a slight build difference compared to the Palm 1150mAh battery. I believe the overall width of the battery is slightly shorter than the Palm battery. That and the metal contacts are more recessed into the side of the Seidio battery.

This causes a problem with the Palm charger in that it will not charge because the pins don't reach out far enough to make contact. The Palm battery fits rather snugly into the Palm charger and charges (indicator light on), whereas the Seidio battery has a slightly looser fit (no indicator light). Pushing the Seidio battery upwards towards the charger's contact pins will activate the indicator light. I have resorted to using a mini plastic spoon to wedge between the battery and the charger to charge for force contact with the pins so it can charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarqBland View Post
    ...I am just going to wait for the larger battery.
    Agreed. When I see "standard battery" on the Palm site, that just translates into "just wait folks"...
  18. qqq
    folks buying more than one battery should consider that the Pre's battery contacts are not very good, and repeated battery swapping will probably lead to eventual problems with the phone randomly turning off when bumped/opened/closed/shaken/looked at funny, etc.

also, any battery for sale that's the same physical dimensions as the stock battery is going to have about the same capacity as the stock battery, regardless of marketing claims to the contrary. any cell which is capable of working with the pre's charging circuitry has to be of the same chemistry as the stock battery, and thus will have the same energy density.

I once bought an "extended" battery (for a different phone) and pulled it apart, and found that they had just stuck a "1600 mAH" sticker right over the manufacturer's original "1350 mAH" label.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I got the battery today, and every time I do a soft reset all of my pictures and music get wiped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by qqq View Post
    folks buying more than one battery should consider that the Pre's battery contacts are not very good, and repeated battery swapping will probably lead to eventual problems with the phone randomly turning off when bumped/opened/closed/shaken/looked at funny, etc.

also, any battery for sale that's the same physical dimensions as the stock battery is going to have about the same capacity as the stock battery, regardless of marketing claims to the contrary. any cell which is capable of working with the pre's charging circuitry has to be of the same chemistry as the stock battery, and thus will have the same energy density.

I once bought an "extended" battery (for a different phone) and pulled it apart, and found that they had just stuck a "1600 mAH" sticker right over the manufacturer's original "1350 mAH" label.
    Not all Pres are affected by that issue (the battery not connecting that well).
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast