Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Sorry about this... hope my next post is worth two useless fluffballs.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    I hear you - the big problem is that in addition to buying the battery, you really need to buy a charger as well so you don't have to pop the battery in to recharge. Apparently, I didn't think of that when I bought it (Doh) so will probabably be ordering a charger when I order an extended battery for my wife (if this works out).
    Although I haven't actually tried it, I would recommend getting the spare battery charger from Palm.com rather than the Seidio version. I got the Siedio one, which they claim will charge using wither an AC wall socket or your PC USB port as a power source, but inorder to use the PC you need a Male A to Male A USB cable--which is NOT included, and I have never seen one anywhere.

This is the Palm charger:
    Palm Spare Battery Charger - Palm Accessories

This is the Seidio:
    Multi Function Battery Charger

And here is the only Male A to Male A USB cable I've been able to find:
    For only $0.83 each when QTY 50+ purchased - USB 2.0 A Male to A Male Cable - (Gold Plated) - 6ft | USB 2.0 Cable - A Male to A Male
    (although MonoPrice does have different several lengths and colors)

I'm hoping to return the one I bough from Seidio and get the official Palm charger for the same price. Not only is the missing oddball USB cable a problem, but the Seidio charger is huge, and it plugs directly into an AC receptacle--which means that there is no room left to plug anything else into the same receptacle.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    nice!!! I need one of these my battery life is terrible!
    Yep though with the usb port on the side, it becomes a challenge unless they figure out some touchstone solution with a spare bat charger.

For now SEIDIO offers a wall charger for your spare that looks pretty compact and good for travel which will also allow you to pass thru the usb cable to charge the pre at the same time.

Multi Function Battery Charger
    Ok cool, that looks like that might work out well too..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    $3 bucks at newegg...
    The MonoPrice cable I posted a link to is only $1...
    Last edited by levelbest; 06/16/2009 at 09:49 PM.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    The MonoPrice cable I posted a link to is only $1...
    Sorry, the post said in qty of 50+. My bad.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    This works great, made for the Centro but works great. it's cheap and I got mine yesterday(Monday). It plugs into the wall or usb...I have charged my palm pre battery and my spare centro battery. It's red while charging and green when ready. Not bad for the low $$$$$. Desktop Battery Charger For Palm Centro 685, 690 - Palm Charger
    I don't trust Seidio with batteries. Last time I bought one for my Treo 755p, it did the same thing you guys are experiencing. The battery looked like it would hardly move after hours, then suddenly it would drop from 60% to 20% and so on. Somehow these batteries trick the system to show more battery life than it actually has. I would seriously buy a regular Palm battery. Another issue with the Seidio battery is that it tends to get fatter with the heat and stops fitting in the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I don't trust Seidio with batteries. Last time I bought one for my Treo 755p, it did the same thing you guys are experiencing. The battery looked like it would hardly move after hours, then suddenly it would drop from 60% to 20% and so on. Somehow these batteries trick the system to show more battery life than it actually has. I would seriously buy a regular Palm battery. Another issue with the Seidio battery is that it tends to get fatter with the heat and stops fitting in the phone.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products. We actually haven't heard much complaints about our batteries at all as all of them are manufactured from high quality Japanese cells and are able to retain their charge fairly stable.

Also, do you have photos of the issue that you are describing here with the expanding batteries? I'm sure if it is indeed defective, we would be glad to issue you a replacement under warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products. We actually haven't heard much complaints about our batteries at all as all of them are manufactured from high quality Japanese cells and are able to retain their charge fairly stable.

Also, do you have photos of the issue that you are describing here with the expanding batteries? I'm sure if it is indeed defective, we would be glad to issue you a replacement under warranty.
    At this point a replacement is too late for me, because I've upgraded to a Palm Pre and I have to look for the battery to take pictures, though I do have the Seidio cover I got from your company because the battery would not fit properly with the original Treo 755p battery cover even though it was advertised to fit in the Treo without buying a cover.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Can a few more people comment on how improved their battery life is. I'm on the fence about spending $50 for a battery that is only 17% larger.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Also I bought a Seidio battery for my HTC Touch and loved it. It dramatically improved the battery life. I didn't have any problems. So I'm definitely not worried about the quality I am just wondering if it is worth it.
    Is there any way we can stick to one subject? please dont talk about chargers, cables, experience with other siedo products, etc.. what we need is for people who are currently using the seido extended battery on their pre to tell us what their experience has been! i think most pre owners can agree with me when i say that we would almost all consider getting this battery if we get good feedback from current users!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mhelfer View Post
    Can a few more people comment on how improved their battery life is. I'm on the fence about spending $50 for a battery that is only 17% larger.
    I've owned several Seidio batteries for Treo products and can tell you that there is a small but noticeable difference with the additional 200 mAh. The funny thing is, I've always been disappointed when I first buy the battery but realize after a week or so that I'm getting an extra two or three hours out of it.

My feeling is, if you're going to buy an extra battery anyway, why not make it the Seidio? If you're not planning on buying a second battery, then the decision is little tougher. I'd also like to point out that I've experienced the "bloated" battery syndrome with regular OEM Treo batteries and not just the Seidio ones as a previous poster mentioned.
    I would go with Palm for the second battery, because if Palm could have squeezed more juice in their battery I know for sure they would have done it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I would go with Palm for the second battery, because if Palm could have squeezed more juice in their battery I know for sure they would have done it.
    Palm designs their batteries to a price point. They want the cheapest possible battery with the absolute minimum capacity that will not cost them sales so they can minimize the cost to produce the Pre. They are including the battery for 'free' with the phone and its capacity reflects that.

Seidio, or any 3rd party manufacturer, is selling to a market of people who care enough about battery life that they are willing to pay a premium for greater capacity. Thus they design the battery to a higher price point and can use more expensive, more dense cells to achieve greater capacity in the same package.
    Quote Originally Posted by orlandocano View Post
    Is there any way we can stick to one subject? please dont talk about chargers, cables, experience with other siedo products, etc.. what we need is for people who are currently using the seido extended battery on their pre to tell us what their experience has been! i think most pre owners can agree with me when i say that we would almost all consider getting this battery if we get good feedback from current users!!
    Honestly, what do you expect to hear? Take the battery life you are getting now and add 15%. If that is worth the price to you, get it.
    OK - here's my first day report... keep in mind this is my second charge.

Took the phone off the touchstone at 7:30am.

Checked email, surfed the web, made a couple of calls. Listened to MP3's on the train ride in for about 40 minutes.

At 1:30 - I was at 52% battery life. Now to be fair - I work in a crap signal area. I even called sprint about it months ago and they said 2-3 towers were actually out near me. I float in and out of 1x/EVDO during the work day. It sucks.

Thru the day, minimal use.

Headed home at 4pm. Listened to tunes, and checked email on the 40 minute train ride home.

Now at the home front, occasionally checking mail. Hit the web a few times. No calls.

Just got the warning at 6:45 I am at 18% battery.

UPDATE: 8:07pm - at 8%

UPDATE: 8:53pm - 5%

My only contrast is that with the standard battery, I was afraid to listen to music on the way home because I was already in the 20% range - so it seems like an improvement in my case. I definately used it more today.

Still, a true extended battery may be in order to battle my poor reception. Also, I would normally charge at work via USB but didn't because I want to see what the life of this replacement battery is.

I'm on vacation the next week - so I will see how things fare and what kind of signal I have at the time.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by levelbest; 06/17/2009 at 07:53 PM.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast