Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I definitely believe that the seidio 1350mah should have been the original battery that came with the Pre.. the fact that it is the same size and offers at least an extra hour of battery life is kind of ridiculous.

I use the seidio as my primary battery now an am very pleased with it. Can definitely get through an 8 hour day with it no problem (with medium use). I can't say I've stress tested it but I don't think I would be able to get it much lower than 6 hours (I was able to get the original Pre battery to die once in 4 hours).

I would definitely recommend this battery.
    What about heat issues?? Any change or does the pre can still burn some eggs????
    Last edited by RMONTA; 08/04/2009 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMONTA View Post
    What about heat issues?? Any change or does the pre still can burn some eggs????
    This is my concern as well.
    I really want to know if I should go with the 1400 or the 1350...I'm really hoping for a 1800 or 1650 or something that wont make it bigger.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I bought a Spare Battery Charger at :
    http://store.precentral.net/palm-spa.../5A83A5660.htm

It's a great carry case for traveling or storing a Spare Battery and it's a charger with both the current micro usb connector as well as the Centro power cord connector, so it allows you to use you old centro or earlier Palm charger Adapter.
    A little pricey, but I think the convenience and flexibility is worth it!
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I've had mine for about a week now, and done the 5 complete charge/discharge cycles.

No problems with overheating (not sure why you think it would). The battery is less sensitive to resetting the phone than my original Palm battery (I have to slam it to make it reset, and now with a little silicone foam rubber it won't reset at all).

Battery life is better, noticeably, but I don't have consistent enough data usage each day to make a direct numbers comparison. I am finishing a day with some 20% more on average, it seems.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    which is why I am making a few more posts so I can follow some links I like.

does the extended battery screwup warranty / insurance if you have a problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by huynhc View Post
    anyone know if the seidio centro extended batteries work for the pre? it seems people are using the OEM centro batteries in their Pres fine, why not the seidio extended battery?
    I am using the Extended Seidio battery I bought for my Centro. I use my Centro to charge the whichever battery I am not using at the time. Everything seems to work just fine.
    I just got mine in the mail today and I have a question for all of you who already own it. On the back it says *Preformance will increase after 5-6 full charges. Did you let the battery drain all the way before recharging? Or is that even an issue to worry about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilmage2112 View Post
    I just got mine in the mail today and I have a question for all of you who already own it. On the back it says *Preformance will increase after 5-6 full charges. Did you let the battery drain all the way before recharging? Or is that even an issue to worry about?
    Draining the battery completely is bad for it. Just use it normally and charge it normally and it'll be fine. If you drain 25% of it, and charge it, 4 of those count as 1 charge cycle usually. That notice is just saying that it won't be 100% effective right away, but after a few full charge cycles it'll be there.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910