Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by boston_ant View Post
    Chimmer: If you remember, could you post back when the Seidio SP arrives... They look promising.
    Well, when I inquired about the ETA, Seidio says that are currently under development whatever that means. They don't list it that way on their site the way the other products are listed, so I went ahead and ordered them. If they had said "under development" instead of "out of stock" I wouldn't have bothered with them. I PM'd the Seidio rep on these forums but so far no reply. I think their customer service has gone downhill as well as the quality of some of their products. I won't ever buy an innocase from them again. Got one for my Treo 800w, didn't last a month before the tabs broke. It never did fit right. They did replace it but same thing happened, so I just wrote it off and went with a silicone skin, and then finally nothing.

In the meantime, I found that SmartPhone Experts had some screen protectors in stock so I ordered those. Should have them next week.
    Similar experience here with the amzer protector. The cut was just a bit off -with earpiece hole centered the button hole is a tiny fraction off. Was able to stretch it without too much trouble to fit. "feel" is an issue and pinching a bit rougher, but does make it easier to open on handed. Also can't get out all the tiny bubbles especially near the edges. Will keep it on I guess until find something better.
    Over the years of installing screen protectors for my pda devices, I have learned a few things. Here are some tips:

Install the screen protector in a steamy bathroom. Go into the bathroom and turn on the shower for a few minutes and allow the room to fill up with steam. The steam will prevent dust from getting on the screen and reduce the chances of bubbles.

When applying the protector, do not take it completely off of the backing. Peel a small portion of the top and align it up with the phone. When you have a small section aligned with the phone use a credit card to slowly lay down the protector onto the screen. Peel the backing as you go. This will allow you to apply the screen protector with out getting finger prints under the protector and should also drastically reduce any bubbles.

A few causes of the bubbles are small dust particles getting trapped under the screen protector and applying the protector when completely peeled off of the backing.

- Garrett
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Well, I pulled my Amzer SP off. I use the Palm belt holster and pulling it out caused the left edge to start lifting off.

I pulled the protector off and there is no sticky-ness at all to this material. In fact it apprears to be the exact same material your new Pre came with out of the box.

I reinstalled the one I removed, no problem - greasy finger prints, smudges and all. Still sticks, just a bit more air bubbles than a fresh one, properly installed would leave.

For the cost, I feel they provide adequate screen protection, but I would consider them a 'temporary' installation.
    Last edited by tigagreen; 06/21/2009 at 07:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigagreen View Post
    I installed the Amzer SP on Saturday.
    Thanks for the pics, those look like crap. You just saved me from wasting money on them.

Smartphone Experts screen protectors came in today but they cut the microphone hole in the wrong place. I told them they could either refund my money or overnight me new ones at their cost.

Seidio's still haven't arrived, haven't checked if they charged my card yet or not but I may just cancel them.

I'm still looking. I have a Zagg but am not thrilled with using liquid to install after reading a few horror stories.

I'm currently looking at Boxwave but they are a bit expensive.
    ScreenGuardz - Quality Screen Protectors for Less! | Palm Pre Screen Protector

These may help some of you out. They are from the same company that makes Bodyguardz, but these are dry and simpy peel and stick, not water based.
    Quote Originally Posted by DUTO View Post
    ScreenGuardz - Quality Screen Protectors for Less! | Palm Pre Screen Protector

These may help some of you out. They are from the same company that makes Bodyguardz, but these are dry and simpy peel and stick, not water based.
    A 15 pack for only $9.99? I'm all over that. I may have bought some of these for my Treo 800w, can't remember if it's the same company but I bought a 15 pack and only used one, they were that good.

Even if these are cheaply made, the price is low enough to give them a try. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by boston_ant View Post
    I definitely want to protect my Pre screen but I definitely don't want to fiddle around with messy solutions or have to wait 48 hours for bubbles to "work themselves out." Something simple, like a more discreet version of the plastic screen cover that came on the Pre to begin with will do just fine. So far this is the only one I have found. The website offers a pack of 6 screen protectors for $8.95. Does anyone know anything about these, or any other similar "solution-free" products? I would love to hear any opinions before I order. Thanks!

(I have included the picture from the website to give you an idea of what it will look like)
    I bought these Amzer ones from Amazon and they are not at all like on your image ... also I checked website and they do not allow copy their images .. I don't know where you got this image from.. its not ideal but better that other available
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwp View Post
    Install the screen protector in a steamy bathroom. Go into the bathroom and turn on the shower for a few minutes and allow the room to fill up with steam. The steam will prevent dust from getting on the screen and reduce the chances of bubbles.
    - Garrett
    I tried this, but I am a little concerned. After I got out of the shower, the Pre seemed to be overly saturated with water. I tried to block the spray with my body, but it just ran all over the phone from my hands. I shook it out real good, but it seems unwise to have taken a shower with this device.

Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    I tried this, but I am a little concerned. After I got out of the shower, the Pre seemed to be overly saturated with water. I tried to block the spray with my body, but it just ran all over the phone from my hands. I shook it out real good, but it seems unwise to have taken a shower with this device.

Anyone else?
    Well....there is the toilet trick...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post

Anyone else?
    It seems if I keep the Pre in the shower caddy until I'm done shampooing my hair, there are absolutely NO Bubbles.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by kzort09 View Post
    I bought these Amzer ones from Amazon and they are not at all like on your image ... also I checked website and they do not allow copy their images .. I don't know where you got this image from.. its not ideal but better that other available
    I copied the image from this website.

Amzer Anti-Glare Screen Protector - Pack of 6 For Palm - Palm Pre - Fommy.com
    Anyone else end up getting better results with these? Is the "anti glare" worth the trade off of a "tacky feeling". Does that tacky feeling go away?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I purchase these screen protectors because I wanted an Anti Glare screen protector, similar to the one I had when I used an iPhone (those were made by Power Support). They are made of an actual stiff plastic that has one side with an anti-glare coating and the other with a static cling surface. I ordered the Amzers hoping they would be similar.

The amzers, however, feel more like they are made of a vinyl, similar to an invisible shield. They are also sticky in feeling, which some like, others do not.

Pros
    - Covers a good portion of the screen
    - Mine arrived with the holes perfectly aligned
    - Comes with 6 in a pack!

Cons
    - mine arrived with the paper backing on the WRONG side of the protector - the side that contacts the actual pre. This meant that the minute I removed the screen protector from the package, dust contacted the protector and was very hard to remove.
    - This type of protector is a "bubble-type" application that makes your pre look horrible for at least 24 hours before all the bubbles disappear
    - This protector did NOT significantly change the reflective property of the Pre's screen - this was NOT an anti-glare protector, so far as I was concerned.
    - If there is any dust underneath the protector, the bubble will basically never go away.
    - Using the squeegee or a fingernail and result in folding the very malleable protector, which result in a permanent scratch/blemish on the protector.
    - This type of vinyl has an uneven texture that can be viewed from an angle; on this protector is shows up as horizontal streaks.

Final word
    - All in all i would NOT recommend purchasing this product, even those the price is right. If you really want a screen protector, purchase a Seidio or Boxwave protector. If you really need an anti-glare protector, grab a Boxwave. Note that the boxwave seems to cover less area than the Seidio or the Amzer, but is the only protector that I have found so far that is indeed an anti-glare protector that I was originally looking for.

Seidio:
    seidioonline.com

Boxwave:
    Pre Accessories / Palm Pre Accessories

I have ordered a three pack of the boxwave anti-glare protectors, and will report back once I receive them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (48.2 KB, 44 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (100.3 KB, 45 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (77.0 KB, 30 views)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookedart View Post
    I have ordered a three pack of the boxwave anti-glare protectors, and will report back once I receive them.
    It sounds like I've been looking for the same type of protector you are. Looking forward to your Boxwave review before I order some!
    Quote Originally Posted by cookedart View Post
    I
    Cons
    - mine arrived with the paper backing on the WRONG side of the protector - the side that contacts the actual pre.
    Sounds like they cut the mic hole on the wrong side. This happened with my first batch of Smartphone Experts screen protectors. I emailed them, let them know what happened and they shipped me free replacements that were cut correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Sounds like they cut the mic hole on the wrong side. This happened with my first batch of Smartphone Experts screen protectors. I emailed them, let them know what happened and they shipped me free replacements that were cut correctly.
    It looks like the Amzer ones cover a little bit more of the cover than the Screenguradz, is this a correct assessment Trekker?

cookedart, I would definately email them for replacements. Let us know what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    It looks like the Amzer ones cover a little bit more of the cover than the Screenguradz, is this a correct assessment Trekker?
    Going by the picture on the Amzer site, it's hard to say if that's the actual screen protector. It doesn't even look like there is a cutout for the mic hole.

If the pics that cookedart posted are Amzers, I'd say they were the same as the Screenguardz.

The Screenguardz covers pretty much the entire face without going over the edges at all.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casonbang View Post
    It sounds like I've been looking for the same type of protector you are. Looking forward to your Boxwave review before I order some!
    I've posted my review here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...protector.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12