1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone else is having troubles with bluetooth. When I use the bluetooth set in my car for the first time it works ok. Then if I go in my house, even hours later, and I make a call it will still connects to the cars bluetooth. I have also noticed that if I try and make a second call on the bluetooth in my car the phone is no longer recognized by the cars bluetooth.

Has anyone else seen problems like these? I am wondering if it is a software bug or just my phone and should get it looked at or a replacement phone?
    Once I've paired a bluetooth device with the Pre it always works perfectly (I have several devices). The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes a have to search more than once on the Pre to see a device that's in pairing mode.

What type of car bluetooth do you have?
  3.    #3  
    It the unit built into my Nissan Altima.
    I having that issue too, the I just bought a Saturn Aura and at the time I was using a Diamond which worked fine, then I sold my Diamond and started using an old Treo700w and I started having those problems. The phone would pair the first time then when I turned the car off and back on, instead of auto connecting it wouldnt and I would have to pair again, so I thougt it was the phone. When I finally got my Pre I paired but still the same issue. I took the car to the dealership and they installed an update, but this still did not fix the problem. So now I dont know if its the cars bluetooth or the Pre. Any other bluetooth device like my stereo headset or other headset works fine. So it may just be the car... atleast for me.
    Same thing on both my cars. 08 Nissan Maxima & 07 BMW 335. Once the phone connects by bluetooth it stays on even when you leave the car. If I use the same car it will reconnect automatically. If I use the other car I have to turn bluetooth off and back on for the Pre to connect. Never had this situation with my 755p. Also my speed dials uploaded to the idrive in the 335 with the 755p doesn't work with the Pre.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine335 View Post
    Same thing on both my cars. 08 Nissan Maxima & 07 BMW 335. Once the phone connects by bluetooth it stays on even when you leave the car. If I use the same car it will reconnect automatically. If I use the other car I have to turn bluetooth off and back on for the Pre to connect. Never had this situation with my 755p. Also my speed dials uploaded to the idrive in the 335 with the 755p doesn't work with the Pre.
    I was also using a 755P before I got my pre, and I never had any problems with the phone connecting and disconnecting from the car.

Well it sounds like its a software issue and not something wrong with my unit, that makes me feel a bit better. I hope this gets resolved with the upcoming update.
    Hmm... If I understand you correctly I don't use this auto-pairing feature. Whenever I want to use a particular device I select it from the Pre's menu or push the button on the device to get my Pre to switch to it. Doesn't seem to me to be a big deal to switch to my car's bluetooth manually when I get into the car, but I can see that people might want this to happen automatically.
    I have the Motorola T505 in my car for bluetooth stereo and phone calls (attaches to visor0. The Pre pairs fine with it, but I have trouble with Pandora connecting. I have to turn my T505 off and on about 2-3 times before Pandora can play. This has happened a few times. The regular music player plays fine. I wonder if it's just a problem with the app.
    Whats very annoying about the bluetooth is that it'll pair just fine but when I receive a call sometimes it still goes to the phone's speaker and not the bluetooth itself. I have tried this on two pre's with two different motorola bluetooths. Any ideas?
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    I use to have a motoral q that worked perfectly with my bluetooth in my 05 Rnage Rover...now that I have the pre the phone doesnt work with it properly...it disconnects form my Range as soon as I answer or try and make a call...but the phone still thinks its connected so people cant hear me unless i turn the bluetooth off! This sucks...I really like the hands free feature with my old phone now this...It not a pairing issue because I have paired it and both my phone and the bluetooth recognize each other..its just that when its time to talk for get about it... help! called pre support and the tried to explain to me how to pair which was very humilating considering im an engineer...
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I have Plants 655 and I can connect on inital start up but after a couple minutes the device will disconnect but the phone doesnt recognize the disconnect and calls ill stay in bluetooth even though its not connected. I have to reset the bluetooth on the phone for it to reconnect. I had the same BT with my Diamond and never had an issue. Seems to me that Palm or someone needs to fix the BT, it is annoying because I use the BT all the time.