View Poll Results: Do you use wired headsets while your Pre is holstered?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure! I my wired headset all the time, holstered or not!

22 33.85%
  • Sometimes, I use the wired headsets on a limited basis.

19 29.23%
  • I only use my wired headsets when I have the device in my pocket or in my hand.

7 10.77%
  • What's a wire? I only use my bluetooth headset now!

17 26.15%
  1.    #1  
    Hello All,

Thank you everyone for your continued interests in our products. In light of numerous inquiries about Seidio's Spring Clip Holster for the Palm Pre, we have decided to start this poll to gauge the interest of people using wired headsets when their Pre is holstered. Our engineers have started to look into the development of one that will allow you to plug in the headsets when the device is holstered. The clip will allow the device to be removed without having to unplug the headset. Please make a selection to let us know what you guys and gals think about that concept, or you simply don't use the wired headsets anymore!
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I was torn between option 1 and 3. I would love to choose option 1 because I WOULD use it all the time if I COULD have it holstered and still have the plug in. I have the Palm case right now and it doesn't allow for it. If the plug is in, only about half of the phone is inside the case because the plug blocks the top part from sliding in.

I ended up voting for 3 because that's the only way, RIGHT NOW, I can use the headphones.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo
    I was torn between option 1 and 3. I would love to choose option 1 because I WOULD use it all the time if I COULD have it holstered and still have the plug in. I have the Palm case right now and it doesn't allow for it. If the plug is in, only about half of the phone is inside the case because the plug blocks the top part from sliding in.

I ended up voting for 3 because that's the only way, RIGHT NOW, I can use the headphones.
    Hello,

The development that we are looking into now will definitely allow you holster and remove your Pre with the headset plugged in. We are running this poll to see how many people are interested in this design, so stay tuned!
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

The development that we are looking into now will definitely allow you holster and remove your Pre with the headset plugged in. We are running this poll to see how many people are interested in this design, so stay tuned!
    I'll beta test for ya
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    I'll beta test for ya
    +1 :d

I am surprised they didn't make allowance for headphone in the Palm branded leather case. The case is nice. I can charge it while the phone is still in the case since USB is on the side. It is pain to plug-in headphone. Especially while driving since I carry the case in the car. May be finally time to buy bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Do you use wired headsets when your Pre is holstered?
    Why, yes. Yes, I do. I didn't think anyone cared about us types of folks anymore. Thank you.
    Assuming the pre is vertically symetrical, it may be possible to put the pre in the holster upside down where the headphone jack would be facing down where it appears it would be exposed and available for use while the pre is in the holster. With the use of the swivle clip, the pre could then be turned righ side up or to whatever position desired. Would this work?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Personally I dont realy like those wires fiddling arround.
    I also dont use th BT that muxh. mostly in the car
    I use my wired headset for almost everything. I exercise (hello...arm band holster please) with my Pre, listen to Podcasts/streaming radio/music at work and even when I talk I use my wired headset (allows me to multitask).

Here is a great idea for your engineers...design a holster that can accomodate the top wired jack access and can hold the Pre either face-in or face-out. Then, you can make the holster modular so that you can mount the holster in a special car mount. So I take the holster off of my belt and put it in my car while reversing the Pre to face out.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50
    I use my wired headset for almost everything. I exercise (hello...arm band holster please) with my Pre, listen to Podcasts/streaming radio/music at work and even when I talk I use my wired headset (allows me to multitask).

Here is a great idea for your engineers...design a holster that can accomodate the top wired jack access and can hold the Pre either face-in or face-out. Then, you can make the holster modular so that you can mount the holster in a special car mount. So I take the holster off of my belt and put it in my car while reversing the Pre to face out.
    Thank you and everyone else for your inputs, we will certainly take everything into consideration here and come up with something that is quality and easy to use at the same time! Keep the votes coming!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The poll's choices are a little limited and confusing. I recognize that there needs to be good support to justify the costs of redesign and new production run. Choices that might better gague interest might be:
    1. Extremely interested in using headphone jack while holstered - this is a prime differentiator in which case/ holster I buy.
    2. Somewhat interested in this feature - would definitely be a plus.
    3. Indifferent - would not influence my decision of which to buy.
    4. A headphone slot in the holster might allow debris to get into the jack, and is a negative.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I'm hoping that there will be a hack to use my mono bt headset for audio as I used to do on my WM phone, but until then I'm stuck with the wired headset both for walking and also for the car... In any case, it's always preferrable to have the OPTION to use one and not have to remove it from the holster.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Just in case people haven't voted yet, BUMP.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I was notified that mine was shipped today... YAY