Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by majikTib View Post
    S9-HD on Buy.com - $56.99 + $8s/h Motorola MOTOROKR S9-HD Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - New OEM in Bulk - S9HD BULK - Buy.com

Not sure what "BULK" means.
    See my post #18 above...I mistakenly called them OEM versions...they're actually the BULK version.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ah, so BULK = I pay less, don't get the box, and only one set of ear buds. That'll work.

I checked my credit card statement last night, and a mysterious price showed up from Buy.com. I think my wife bought 'em for my birthday S9-HDs should be on the way!
    Had S9's given to me with no earbuds, very uncomfortable to my ears and the sound was mostly treble. Bought the S9-HD's, way more comfortable to my ears with the larger preinstalled earbuds and with SRS-WOW they have a much richer sound. Love the S9-HD's. Got the black ones to match my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by majikTib View Post

Now they are $69.99 + $7.99 shipping.

I have had the regular S9s since the day they came out. I have not had any problems with sweat ruining them, etc. but thought I would give these a try anyway.
    I just ordered these, hope they sound good! I want the S9HD but
    for this price you just can't beat it. They're on sale today at
    wireless.1saleaday (dot) com

If these break I'll get the S9HD's. I'll post back with personal review.
    I use the palm earbuds every night when we're closing down at work
    and I move around a lot so these could come in handy.
    I just ordered these, hope they sound good! I want the S9HD but
    for this price you just can't beat it. They're on sale today at
    wireless.1saleaday (dot) com

If these break I'll get the S9HD's. I'll post back with personal review.
    I use the palm earbuds every night when we're closing down at work
    and I move around a lot so these could come in handy.
    I'm glad so many people like them. I don't. I have three pairs of stereo headsets and the S9's are the ones I never use, except when on the water. I find them uncomfortable on the neck, and in the ears; you can't sit or lay down with them in place; and the controls are dicey compared to my Lubix. The sound is decent, and they are pretty bulletproof, but they sure aren't comfortable on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I'm glad so many people like them. I don't. I have three pairs of stereo headsets and the S9's are the ones I never use, except when on the water. I find them uncomfortable on the neck, and in the ears; you can't sit or lay down with them in place; and the controls are dicey compared to my Lubix. The sound is decent, and they are pretty bulletproof, but they sure aren't comfortable on me.
    Which other pairs do you have?
    Well...so much for the S9's and S9-HD's....they S9-HD's bricked as well. They just aren't up to snuff for working out. It's a shame too. These were the best bang-for-the-buck stereo BT headphones out there (when on sale). The sound was great, reception was good, battery life got me though a week of work-outs.

They just don't last if you sweat even in the least, despite their "sweat-resistant" claims. Luckily I'm getting a full refund.
    I had moto send me a replacement pair after my S9's volume controls stopped working (due to sweat while working out) and got the HD's as a replacement. Pretty excited about how they sound but still hesitant to wear them while working out. I get ****ty cell service at the gym anyways so for now while lifting I'll stick with my ipod shuffle with $8 gummy ear bud headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjparfekt View Post
    I had moto send me a replacement pair after my S9's volume controls stopped working (due to sweat while working out) and got the HD's as a replacement. Pretty excited about how they sound but still hesitant to wear them while working out. I get ****ty cell service at the gym anyways so for now while lifting I'll stick with my ipod shuffle with $8 gummy ear bud headset.
    Yea...that's what I'm doing too...but I can't stand the cords; they always get in the way. I've destroyed several pair of wired headphones while mowing the lawn/working out in the yard as well.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    If any of you are interested. FRY's has a great price (in store and online) for this headset.

frys.com/product/5851933?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG]FRYS.com*|*Motorola]FRYS.com*|*Motorola

Can't post direct links yet but if you cut and paste the partial link above into your browser it should work.

I gave my S9 HD's to my son as I like my AL Backbeat 903's better.
    Milenko... when I'm at the gym I just run the cord through my shirt. Never gets tangled on anything. Until I feel safe with my Pre around weights and that much movement I'll stick with this set up. I do love using my new S9 HD's around the house though. I'm taking a trip next week and can't wait to rock them on the plane.
    I have an S9 and it paired instanly. It works fine, but it sounds "distant" both to me and my callers. That distant sound is a but irritating when I'm listening to business podcasts and I need crisp bass-rich sounds. On the otherhand, I'm very mobile and any other headset design falls off my head. I need something to grab my head so I can move freely without having to worry about my headset falling. The S9 fills the form-factor design requirement perfectly for me. But the sound quality is a different matter. The Pre also works with my Motorala H5, but the H5 does not support stereo music profile, so I don't use it much. I'm looking for some very high-quality headsets. Is the S9 the answer, or should I consider the Nokia BH-503, Nokia BH-905, or Altec Lansing BackBeat 903. Is the S9 really in the same league?
    I've really been looking for a pair of bluetooth that i can go running with. seems the only ones that claim to be sweat resistant are the jaybirds and the s9. i keep hearing people brick their s9 while working out. s9hd is half the price of the jaybirds, so i was going to go with those, but i haven't really heard form anyone that the s9 lasts.

does anyone have any experience with the jaybirds?
    Quote Originally Posted by brienzee View Post
    I've really been looking for a pair of bluetooth that i can go running with. seems the only ones that claim to be sweat resistant are the jaybirds and the s9. i keep hearing people brick their s9 while working out. s9hd is half the price of the jaybirds, so i was going to go with those, but i haven't really heard form anyone that the s9 lasts.

does anyone have any experience with the jaybirds?
    chech cnet. I recall seeing a review of them. IIRC they were mediocre sounding and not a great value. The user comments seem to suggest the same. Also, try Amazon. If they sell them, there will be user reviews too.
    I bought a set of HD's too. They arrived last Friday and so far they seem OK. It's the first bluetooth headset I've owned. I was using the JVC marshmallows (wired) and to me they sounded quite a bit better. I'm not sure if wired headphones generally sound better than bluetooth ones but overall I'm pretty happy with them.
    hi i'm looking into the S9 HD as well... i'm seeing reviews complaining that the connection gets dropped a lot when used outdoors. can those of you who have this with the pre confirm this? the environment that i'd be using this most in is bicycling through city streets and on the bus. thx in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    hi i'm looking into the S9 HD as well... i'm seeing reviews complaining that the connection gets dropped a lot when used outdoors. can those of you who have this with the pre confirm this? the environment that i'd be using this most in is bicycling through city streets and on the bus. thx in advance.
    Depends on how close you have the Pre to the S9s. In the front pocket and moving around allot, you will experience drop-outs. In the shirt pocket, no problem.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Depends on how close you have the Pre to the S9s. In the front pocket and moving around allot, you will experience drop-outs. In the shirt pocket, no problem.
    Second this. In fact, the manual for the S9-HD's actually says not to put the phone in your front pocket.

When I hike I put my phone in a case on my backpack's shoulder strap. Otherwise, I drop the phone in my back pocket.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast