1.    #1  
    After seeing so much interest in the Touchstone for in-car use, I'm now interested. However, I have some questions:

- how do you plan on attaching the TS? Using its rubber feet and simply planting on your console or do you have a more elaborate plan?

- are you using a cigarette lighter adapter or yet another more elaborate implementation?

- what are the main uses you envision for this? Simply as a charging station or do you want to also be a resting place for the Pre while it pipes music through your car's speakers?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    After seeing so much interest in the Touchstone for in-car use, I'm now interested. However, I have some questions:

- how do you plan on attaching the TS? Using its rubber feet and simply planting on your console or do you have a more elaborate plan?

- are you using a cigarette lighter adapter or yet another more elaborate implementation?

- what are the main uses you envision for this? Simply as a charging station or do you want to also be a resting place for the Pre while it pipes music through your car's speakers?
    The sticky underside is more than suitable for me and allows me more placement options as well as the ability to conceal in glove comparment or bring it in the house when not being used in car. I'm using the Palm oem car charger and it works great plus it comes with a shorter cable than the Pre came with. Mainly I'm using it as a charging/docking station but find it to be very usefull when using power hungry multi tasking apps such as gps, pandora, checking emails and the occasional phone call at the same time. I never knew how convenient the TS was going to be until I started using it at home and especially in the car.
    I'm debating whether the removability of velcro is worth the wobble-factor. Double-sided tape seems fraught with periodic replacement as things heat and cool in the car environment. It's also a bit permanent (read thief magnet).

I have an iGrip Universal which has two pieces. I could permanently affix the TS to the outside piece and then connect that to the piece attached to the vent. That would eliminate wobble, but limit the ability to use that TS outside of the car.

Hmmm??
    i'm going to use the proclip adapter and attach the touchstone to it. my only debate is to put it on the vent or next to the middle console intruding into the passenger space (i have a bmw and it's the only options).

the upside of the AC vent is it'll keep it cool LOL downside is it blocks the vent..
    There are multiple threads about this. Please search before posting.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just finished the mount tonight.

I used a $2 L bracket from home depot. Bend to the correct viewing angle. Grind down the corners and paint. Double stick tape to the dash, and double stick tape the TS to the mount. It works great.
    Tomorrow I'll wire the charger under the dash and route the wire up behind the mount.

I will probably switch to heavy duty velcro for the TS later.
    Last edited by DavidF; 06/23/2009 at 08:19 AM.