83 69.75%
  • Body Armor

11 9.24%
  • Ghost Shield

7 5.88%
  • .... I like scratched up phones.

18 15.13%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Just got from purchasing the IS from Best Buy. Was wondering if anyone else saw this. Instead of getting a spray solution bottle the package came with a tiny plastic tub(?) that includes the solution and a sponge with a note on a seperate piece of paper that mentions that you can refill the solution up to three times.
    Another side note they wanted $29.99 for it at the store. I asked if I could get it for $24.99 since that is the price at the mfr website and they took care of it no problem. Thought it was interesting that they didn't even check just made the price change like they already knew it.
    I took the front part off.
    The areas near the mic, the button and the speaker were attracting tiny pieces of fuzz and other stuff which didn't look good.
    It was a fuzz magnet.
    Plus I feel it did affect my gestures on the screen, especially the up swipe to wake the Pre up.
    I left the back side on, gives me better grip and feel.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsbk View Post
    Just got from purchasing the IS from Best Buy. Was wondering if anyone else saw this. Instead of getting a spray solution bottle the package came with a tiny plastic tub(?) that includes the solution and a sponge with a note on a seperate piece of paper that mentions that you can refill the solution up to three times.
    Another side note they wanted $29.99 for it at the store. I asked if I could get it for $24.99 since that is the price at the mfr website and they took care of it no problem. Thought it was interesting that they didn't even check just made the price change like they already knew it.
    I have never seen a tub and a sponge... as for Best Buy and their pricing, I have never seen it for any more than 24.99. Though they might be trying to pull one over on the unsuspecting public.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I took the front part off.
    The areas near the mic, the button and the speaker were attracting tiny pieces of fuzz and other stuff which didn't look good.
    It was a fuzz magnet.
    Plus I feel it did affect my gestures on the screen, especially the up swipe to wake the Pre up.
    I left the back side on, gives me better grip and feel.
    Uh, clean your pockets....

Just kidding. Too bad about the fuzz. As for my finger swipes on the screen, I haven't had many problems. I did notice that at first I had to swipe a little harder, but that is not the case anymore. Very light gesture swipes work just fine.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Just a few questions:

1) Do you *really* need to remove your battery when doing a Zagg installation?
    2) How does the shield look over existing scratches? Unfortunately I didn't order my shield until last week and have a a few very very minor scratches on the back of the phone, and maybe a few extremely minor scratches on the screen.

I gotta admit, I sat at the kitchen table yesterday afternoon, read through the instructions, watched a few of the videos and went "Damn, this is going to be a pain". I guess I'll sit down tonight, be brave, and try to install it!
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    Just a few questions:

1) Do you *really* need to remove your battery when doing a Zagg installation?
    2) How does the shield look over existing scratches? Unfortunately I didn't order my shield until last week and have a a few very very minor scratches on the back of the phone, and maybe a few extremely minor scratches on the screen.

I gotta admit, I sat at the kitchen table yesterday afternoon, read through the instructions, watched a few of the videos and went "Damn, this is going to be a pain". I guess I'll sit down tonight, be brave, and try to install it!
    1. No. I usually turn off my phones/ipods before installing and then leave them off for an hour or so just in case some rogue fluid got into the device.

2. On my Ipod touch, I had one scratch on the back, to me it made it less noticable. I had to look at an angle to see it. Not saying that this will be your experience, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Uh, clean your pockets....

Just kidding. Too bad about the fuzz. As for my finger swipes on the screen, I haven't had many problems. I did notice that at first I had to swipe a little harder, but that is not the case anymore. Very light gesture swipes work just fine.
    I guess I live in a fuzzy world.
    I took off the battery cover and trimmed some of the excess.
    I may just buy the matte cover without the TS.
    thanks for the write up. did my first application of something other than a flat lcd... mediocre, heh

line up is not perfect, but more importantly, can't get them air bubbles out
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    thanks for the write up. did my first application of something other than a flat lcd... mediocre, heh

line up is not perfect, but more importantly, can't get them air bubbles out
    Nice thing is that the majority of them will be gone within the week. Don't worry too much. They say to wait at least 24 hours and they will mostly be gone, but a week is what I would say.

On a side note, I replaced my Pre about two weeks ago do to a rather weird defect. I took the shield off and applied it to the new one with a little water. After 3 days it looked good as new. Granted I took great care removing it from the original Pre, so it wasn't stretched.

All in all, I can say reapplying the shield is 100 percent possible.
    how'd you remove it w/o stretching it?

one downside I was afraid of... doesn't slide in and out of the Pre sleeve as well anymore, heh
    Will this cover a scratch? I have one thats fairly noticable. If I put this on, will I still see that scratch?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Will this cover a scratch? I have one thats fairly noticable. If I put this on, will I still see that scratch?
    It will make it less visible for sure. As far as not being able to see it, I wouldn't go that far.
    It is fairly easy to remove, but in the case of the Pre, you may want to be carefull. Most people who remove the shield from their devices they hold it from the bottom. In this situation, I think it is the people holding onto the slider part that are getting dead pixels. Remove the shield slowly and grip it from the top where possible.

Just to let you know, though, I have never had a device break by taking of the shield. Just like anything, it's sometimes more a finess game than a strength one.
    What about applying some of the liquid that came with the screen protector? Like water make it easier to peel it out?
    5. Lining the shield up is a bit of a beast, so it helps to be fully rested and in a good mood.
    [/I]
    Or Ritalin. JK. But seriously if you have some just lying around it would be a good idea. I'd never do it though so you shouldn't either. Drugs are bad. However Provigil is great. Of course, only if you have a valid prescription. Kids, don't do drugs, even when you're trying to put a skin on your expensive cell phone.
    P.S. - by good mood OP does NOT mean ecstasy!
  15. KAM1138
    Hello Everyone,

I installed the Zagg Shield last evening with mixed results. Mine came with little sponge and tray for the solution. I followed the instructions, and it is mostly ok as far as bubbles go (small ones, I assume will disappear as advertised).

The problem I have is that there are vertical "rainbow" lines that are quite noticeable on any bright area on the screen. Has anyone else had similar issues? If so, then I certainly wouldn't call this "invisible." If this doesn't somehow clear up (not sure how it would), then I've wasted my money it seems.

KAM
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I installed the Zagg Shield last evening with mixed results. Mine came with little sponge and tray for the solution. I followed the instructions, and it is mostly ok as far as bubbles go (small ones, I assume will disappear as advertised).

The problem I have is that there are vertical "rainbow" lines that are quite noticeable on any bright area on the screen. Has anyone else had similar issues? If so, then I certainly wouldn't call this "invisible." If this doesn't somehow clear up (not sure how it would), then I've wasted my money it seems.

KAM
    I have heard the rainbow thing before, but I have not actually seen it. I have installed 5 now on Pre's recently, and have had no issues. I can't even begin to fathom what happened. Granted, I buy them directly from the corporate store in SLC, UT where they actually manufacture them. I have them cut new ones when I go there. So, I guess it could be heat from the shipping process, or just crappy luck.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    What about applying some of the liquid that came with the screen protector? Like water make it easier to peel it out?
    I try to avoid applying anything that will not allow me to get a firm grip on the shield. Plus, any additional water/fluid could cause problems as it would be more likely to enter the phone through the mic/speaker holes.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I prefer Best Skins Ever, but would never put one on my screen. They may not be permanent, but I can see screen damage resulting from attempted removal.
  19. KAM1138
    Pogeypetey: It looks like those little "holograms" that used to come in cereal boxes, where you move it at an angle and the picture changes...except the picture doesn't change--it just has that same sort of distortion, although not as stark.

I'm guessing it might be caused by stretching or 'squeegee marks'--perhaps I didn't have the surface wet enough. I'd not deny that it could very well be installer (me) error, but the bottom line is that it looks bad, so I'll have to start again.

KAM
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Pogeypetey: It looks like those little "holograms" that used to come in cereal boxes, where you move it at an angle and the picture changes...except the picture doesn't change--it just has that same sort of distortion, although not as stark.

I'm guessing it might be caused by stretching or 'squeegee marks'--perhaps I didn't have the surface wet enough. I'd not deny that it could very well be installer (me) error, but the bottom line is that it looks bad, so I'll have to start again.

KAM
    If you are close to an installer, I would go there. Check this site:

ZAGG | Reseller List
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast