Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thanks.
    Last edited by jimmitek; 08/19/2009 at 10:47 AM.
    When I first installed mine it had quite a few bubbles in it. However, the material seems to stretch as the spray stuff dries. I installed on Saturday. Now no bubbles are visible and it fits a bit better.

I only installed the front portion to protect the screen and I did end up cutting off the side pieces which were getting in the way of slider operation.

It def was however, a big pain in the @$$ to install. the hole for the ear speaker is lined up perfectly but the holes for the button and mic are slightly off. Not perfect but I can live with it.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Wrong thread Jim. Check here....

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-accessories/
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    the mods will probably move it... I just wanted to save you the time and effort in posting the same questions and answers that are already there!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Had a few bubbles in mine but they are getting better as time goes on.

Tip - start on the bottom part of the screen
    line up the hole for the center button and the microphone and then place your thumb on it.
    if you have those two holes lined up then the rest of the shield should line up
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Don't use the spray or rubber squeegee -- mix a drop of dishwashing liquid with water and put it on a dish (this will let you soak the entire face) and apply the thing in a steamy bathroom with a credit card as your squeegee. The rubber squeegee makes people press too hard on the screen and probably leads to dead pixels.

The corner strips also suck. A lot. You may have better luck just snipping them off.
    "The rubber squeegee makes people press too hard on the screen and probably leads to dead pixels."

Or people cracking their screen...I get my TEP unit tomorrow..

You may be able to find a Mall Kiosk that will install the sheild. With my negative experience I HIGHLY recommend this!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Best buy said they would put it on for around 7 dollars.
    I just installed mines saturday nite, had no trouble with the back nor the front. the front had 3 small bubbles though but 2 of them had already cleared by monday. the shield is awesome, the only thing that bugs me about it is that its a lint magnet also and the sides catch alot of lint. The trick to installing it is keeping your fingers moist and the shield moist. align the holes first and then just drop it on, if it is moist enough you should be able to slide it around by picking up the area not aligned. Watch the video above and you should be fine.
    Have a professional do it for you - ZAGG | Reseller List

Do not try to install it yourself, it's tuff to get it right.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I tried to install mine on Saturday night, totally bumbled it even though I had followed the directions and everything. So I returned it to best buy the next day, bought one for the screen only (I don't care about the back) and made them install it for $7. They said if any bubbles persist after 3 days that they would redo it.
    Mine looks like crap. i really messed it up. it definitely wasn't wet enough even though i thought it was, i took it off and did a redo and it stretched some and in the process i got dust and fingerprints underneath. i had to trim some of the edges with a knife.

the back doesn't look so bad though, ill leave that on.

I'm emailing with Zagg about getting a new one, don't they just replace it for free? Do I need to say that its defective or what ?

I also have a BSE coming which i may use instead. it was only 7 bucks.
    Step by step instructions found here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ow-thread.html
    Hmmm...is no one using the BestSkinsEver version? I had only a few bubbles with mine and just continued to work them out with a credit card after applying. The corners were a bit tougher but I just let them sit for about 30 minutes and then they stuck to the 'suitcase' corners of the Pre without issue.

Another tip for applying the back skin: once applied, use the clear tray that the Pre came in (from the packaging) and line it with a soft cloth. Press the Pre into the tray to use as a mold to "form" the clear skin to the back. You may need to remove the battery as the extra thickness from the cloth will trip the power button. I left mine in for about 20 - 30 minutes and then pulled it out and worked whatever bubbles were left.
    YMMV as I think the BestSkinsEver version is die-cut a bit differently at the corners versus other brands.
    yea, its a pain in the a$$ trying to get this "the invisible shield" on. It took a whole week to get to my house. And i had a hard time applying it. Honestly, i hate it but i like it. first i dont like it because makes my pre feel sticky, theres ridges all over it, the parts that won't stick down to the phone sticks up and looks nasty, i still see fingerprints and smudges AND I HATE THE FACT THAT IT COST ME THIRTY DOLLARS AND TOOK A WHOLE WEEK TO GET HERE. i dont think that it should cost that much. the only reason why i like it is because its popular. yea i should've had a pro fessional install it for me, but im a man, we are professional installers for every product, we know how to install everything without the use of manuals or instructions, right. Plus i don't wanna pay more money on top of the thirty to get it installed.
    i had mine put on at the Zagg retailer....and i dont like the way it makes the phone feel now.

I would not do it again.
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    My question is, when do you take the hole cutouts out? That was my biggest problem, getting them out.

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    These shields take some practice to install properly. I've been doing it for a few years on all of my previous phones and still find it somewhat challenging..... I went for Phantom Skinz this time because it has less orange peel feel and has better transparency. It feels much smoother and 'harder' than IS. Phantom Skinz looks much better when installed properly than IS too. But the down side is that PS is much harder to install than IS. Fortunately, PS ships with 2 sets within each kit. I had problem on the front cover on my 1st attempt. 2nd attempt resulted in perfect install and I am much happier. PS does take longer to dry and imperfections to go away than IS, but I think end result is much better than IS.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Hmmm...is no one using the BestSkinsEver version? I had only a few bubbles with mine and just continued to work them out with a credit card after applying. The corners were a bit tougher but I just let them sit for about 30 minutes and then they stuck to the 'suitcase' corners of the Pre without issue.

Another tip for applying the back skin: once applied, use the clear tray that the Pre came in (from the packaging) and line it with a soft cloth. Press the Pre into the tray to use as a mold to "form" the clear skin to the back. You may need to remove the battery as the extra thickness from the cloth will trip the power button. I left mine in for about 20 - 30 minutes and then pulled it out and worked whatever bubbles were left.
    YMMV as I think the BestSkinsEver version is die-cut a bit differently at the corners versus other brands.
    I'm using the BSE version and I have to say the corners on the BSE are way better then the IS(Zagg) ones.. Ugh how I have hated those corners. LOL!!
    BSE looks pretty good. Gives a slight orange peel look bt can only see in certain angles.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    I'm using the BSE version and I have to say the corners on the BSE are way better then the IS(Zagg) ones.. Ugh how I have hated those corners. LOL!!
    BSE looks pretty good. Gives a slight orange peel look bt can only see in certain angles.
    Mine is the same (orange peel). I think thats from too much of the credit card squeegee. I have one on my iPod Touch and Macbook Pro and it's like glass. I used a fair amount of solution and light squeegee technique on them and think thats the iPod and Macbook have less texture.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast