Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    i tried installing the Zagg skin but I was not happy at all with the bubbles. I waited a few days to see if they'd go away but they didn't so I just took it off. I think I like it better without any protection. I think I'll keep it that way.
    Anyone getting lint where the earpiece is?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halmo20 View Post
    These shields take some practice to install properly. I've been doing it for a few years on all of my previous phones and still find it somewhat challenging..... I went for Phantom Skinz this time because it has less orange peel feel and has better transparency. It feels much smoother and 'harder' than IS. Phantom Skinz looks much better when installed properly than IS too. But the down side is that PS is much harder to install than IS. Fortunately, PS ships with 2 sets within each kit. I had problem on the front cover on my 1st attempt. 2nd attempt resulted in perfect install and I am much happier. PS does take longer to dry and imperfections to go away than IS, but I think end result is much better than IS.
    I got my Phantom Skinz yesterday in the mail. Took me about thirty minutes to install. No bubbles or anything on my first try. It did look pretty colorful like a rainbow on the screen right after install though. Probably because I turned my phone back on right away even though the instructions say you aren't supposed to.

The skin looks really nice though. Really smooth and not rubbery feeling like most people say about Zagg. I would definitely recommend others try this.
    I installed the Zagg product last night. (on the front only. I have not done the back yet) I have no bubbles or lint under the skin. All of the holes line up perfectly.
    The problem I see, is that it appears to be just slightly too big for the phone. It is overhanging on the sides by a very small amount. However, it is enough to feel and this over-hanging part not attached to the phone. I'm thinking that it will eventually peel up. Anybody else have this issue?
    I would rather have the skin about a millimeter short all the way around!
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhavoc View Post
    I installed the Zagg product last night. (on the front only. I have not done the back yet) I have no bubbles or lint under the skin. All of the holes line up perfectly.
    The problem I see, is that it appears to be just slightly too big for the phone. It is overhanging on the sides by a very small amount. However, it is enough to feel and this over-hanging part not attached to the phone. I'm thinking that it will eventually peel up. Anybody else have this issue?
    I would rather have the skin about a millimeter short all the way around!
    I actually had an issue, I used a very small swiss army scissor attached to one of them swiss army multi-functional knives and cut off excess skin.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Installed mine last night (IS). Took about 30 minutes. Used all of my solution. No burned out pixels, have a couple of small bubbles, but hopefully they will disappear in the next couple of days. And even if they dont, I can live with them as they are tiny and only visible with the screen off. I love the feel of it. Screen is just as responsive. Doesn't feel slippery anymore and easier to slide with one hand. No more fingerprints and I feel secure about not scratching my screen (I had the original plastic on until IS came in.) Overall, I am happy I got it.
    Just installed mine. I HATE IT. Don't like the feel and looks like crap!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RHODYRIDER View Post
    Just installed mine. I HATE IT. Don't like the feel and looks like crap!!!!!
    Give it a day or two to dry out before you decide to take it off. The appearance improves a lot after the first couple of days. If you don't like the "feel" of it - that's another story. I don't like the feel of InvisibleShield or BSE at all. I like my Bodyguardz cover over the screen.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12