View Poll Results: What is your experience with the Invisible Shield?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • BAD!! It messed up my Pre!

4 10.26%
  • Awesome! I had no problems with my Pre!

18 46.15%
  • The installation was a pain, but it didn't messed up my Pre

14 35.90%
  • I bought it, but never installed it because I'm scared to do it.

3 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm supposed to be getting one this week, so let's see how your experience was.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I'd advise going to Best Buy and paying $8.00 to have them install it.
    They've got a lot of experience and they're good at it.

It still took three tries to get it right. They said the Pre is a difficult install because it's screen is curved.

At first I didn't like how it felt under my finger. It's much more grippy than the bare screen. I've been polishing it for a couple of days now and it's much better. It feels great now and you've got to look hard to see that it's there.
    Obscura
    How exactly do you polish the shield?
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post

It still took three tries to get it right. They said the Pre is a difficult install because it's screen is curved.

At first I didn't like how it felt under my finger. It's much more grippy than the bare screen. I've been polishing it for a couple of days now and it's much better. It feels great now and you've got to look hard to see that it's there.
    How do you polish it?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    turtle wax
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I just put one on my Pre and I am very happy with it. If I had to do it again, I would cut off the tiny strips at the top and bottom of the "side" parts. Those are the only things I had trouble with. Almost all of the micro-bubbles went away after 24 hours like the instructions said they would. It definitely looked better after having a couple days to dry out. If I ever get a new Pre (have to exchange this one for some reason) I would definitely get another invisibleshield for it.

Just a note - I did some research online before installing it and found that the people who had the least problems during installing gave one piece of advice.....use a LOT of the spray during installation. I absolutely SOAKED mine back and front (i used almost all of the spray) and sprayed my fingers before touching the ishield. It seemed to really help. Oh, and squeegee out the bubbles and make adjustments quickly after laying it down. Even with it dripping wet from the spray it set up REALLY fast. I probably had no more than 8-10 seconds to make adjustments before i had to pull it up and re-wet it once I laid it down...
    Last edited by Maximo_; 06/16/2009 at 10:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    just installed it last nite. so far so good. there are some bubbles on the side and by the corners, but the screen is perfect. i got the full body one and kinda wish i hadnt. the installation itself was not tooooo difficult. i just saw some of the install videos on line and followed the instructoins and tips on this forum. my only issue is that the corners do not look so good and i might peel that off and cut it. otherwise i'm gonna give it a couple days to see how the bubbles go away. at worse i will call zagg and just ask them to replace it. the pre works fine after install. i took the battery out and did the install and left it over nite before putting the battery back in. i left my fan on to help dry it out. so i'll update at the end of the week with if the bubbles disappeared or not and how i followed up. as of now i would recommend it. sorry for the long post.
    I got mine but have not installed it yet. Is it that hard to install?
    It isn't bad, I think the design is unnecessarily complicated compared to an off-brand I saw, but it worked. You won't be able to fit the Rocketfish cases on the phone correctly without some modding and force, though.
    I got mine on Saturday at the Invisible Shield kiosk at the Woodlands Mall in TX. They installed it and I have had no problems. There is some resistance when you try to put the phone in the pouch so be careful althought it still fits nicely in the leather case.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    How exactly do you polish the shield?
    In college I was in the ROTC where we learned that just about anything can be polished with a soft cotton rag. (cloth diapers are best, old 100% cotton t-shirts are good too)

• Put polishing cloth on a seat cushion, your leg, shoulder, etc
    • put phone face down on the cloth
    • polish in a circular motion
    • repeat
    • repeat
    • repeat
    • you get the idea

I've been polishing on the passenger seat when driving and my shoulder when watching TV. Probably two or three hours total in a bunch of small sessions. Very pleased with the results.

I had a silicone skin case for my 755p and it eventually polished it's corners in my pocket. Not doing anything different here, just speeding up the process and working in a way that gets the entire surface evenly.

I'm careful to hold both halves of the phone so I'm not causing wear on the slider mechanism. (it'll get enough wear and tear with daily usage)

Slow and steady wins the race.
    Obscura
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    There's several threads in the appropriate section about this....

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-accessories/
    I installed the full body shield from Zagg on Saturday and I couldn't be happier! For one... I hate phone cases. This is such a great pocket phone that it drove me crazy to have to pull it out of the case to use it. Now, I don't have to worry.

Like everyone else, I agree that the cuts they made to help with the rounded portion of the phone are a little large. I just don't think they put alot of thought into it. There could be a little more precision and less gaps in the film.

I can confirm that I have had NO issues charging my phone with the Touch Stone even with the battery cover protected.

My favorite part so far is how much easier the phone is to open and close. I can hold the phone in my palm and slide it open and closed with just a thumb movement up the side of the phone. Never do I have to press against the face and it requires no pressure on my part. The bit of "tack" that the Invisible Shield provides is exactly what the phone needed.

Anyways... thus far... very satisfied!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    There's several threads in the appropriate section about this....

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-accessories/
    Yes, you are quite the dictator. This is a poll, and more people go to the general threads than the accessory one, and thus you get a better sampling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post

Will BBuy install if I purchased it from Zagg? I'd still be paying them, right?
    I installed mine last night. Came out alright, there is a slight rubber feel now to the screen which I hope goes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andries View Post
    turtle wax
    roflmfao
    Do any of you have the matte back cover for the Touchstone? Does it still work with the Touchstone charger after installing the shield?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    Do any of you have the matte back cover for the Touchstone? Does it still work with the Touchstone charger after installing the shield?
    I didn't bother putting it on the matte back cover, didnt think it needed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Will BBuy install if I purchased it from Zagg? I'd still be paying them, right?
    Most independent retailers will install for whatever their fee is. Best Buy is 8 bucks, and the carts in malls are 10.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast