View Poll Results: What is your experience with the Invisible Shield?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • BAD!! It messed up my Pre!

4 10.26%
  • Awesome! I had no problems with my Pre!

18 46.15%
  • The installation was a pain, but it didn't messed up my Pre

14 35.90%
  • I bought it, but never installed it because I'm scared to do it.

3 7.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Will BBuy install if I purchased it from Zagg? I'd still be paying them, right?
    I'd like to know too. I might try it myself and if I don't like it, I'll run it by BestBuy
    I've said in the appropriate threads over in ACCESSORIES, but go to a Zagg mall kiosk if you can. All these guys do all day is put on Invisible Shields. Cost $10 and well worth the piece of mind on a $200-600 phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    Do any of you have the matte back cover for the Touchstone? Does it still work with the Touchstone charger after installing the shield?
    It works. In fact, try putting a couple of pieces of paper between your phone and touchstone... kinda cool. Might be a fire hazzard though.
    Put on on last night. Like the feel, not particularly pleased with the corners or edges - I think over time they will unpeal and have to be cut off.

When installing, definately keep it very wet, take your time and be patient to set it in the correct place.

Had an invisible shield on my 755 and it was very clear, protected extremely well and unquestionable durable, I expect much the same from the one on my Pre'.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    ... and more people go to the general threads than the accessory one, and thus you get a better sampling.
    A. There's no need for name calling.

B. So you're saying that, depending on how many people do the wrong thing, it will eventually become the right thing even though it was wrong in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    I've said in the appropriate threads over in ACCESSORIES, but go to a Zagg mall kiosk if you can. All these guys do all day is put on Invisible Shields. Cost $10 and well worth the piece of mind on a $200-600 phone.
    Problem is when I check Zagg.com, they just show Best Buy stores in my area. Unless you know of some in the South Shore of MA? :-)
    Also, you need to spray your fingers with the stuff it comes with to keep your finger prints off. This is why you cannot get the edges to stay. I have put on at least 30 Zagg shields on various things. Feel free to ask any questions, or let me know if I need to create a thread for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    A. There's no need for name calling.

B. So you're saying that, depending on how many people do the wrong thing, it will eventually become the right thing even though it was wrong in the first place?
    Lol... I was trying to be funny. In fact, if you are Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, or Kim Jong Il, it's a compliment.

You are absolutely right, though. Accessory threads should be in the accessory forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Also, you need to spray your fingers with the stuff it comes with to keep your finger prints off. This is why you cannot get the edges to stay. I have put on at least 30 Zagg shields on various things. Feel free to ask any questions, or let me know if I need to create a thread for this.
    Question - Do you clean the phone with anything prior to installing the shield?
    I was thinking about using rubbing alcohol.

Also, is anybody else at all worried about getting liquid inside their Pre? ...I am!
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhavoc View Post
    Question - Do you clean the phone with anything prior to installing the shield?
    I was thinking about using rubbing alcohol.

Also, is anybody else at all worried about getting liquid inside their Pre? ...I am!
    If you have a terry cloth, or something else that will not scratch your phone, use that. DO NOT USE ABRASIVES LIKE ALCOHOL. (sorry for shouting). It's just that a little water works wonders, but alchohol will destroy your plastic screen.

And as for the spray, if you spray the phone from a distance, you should be fine. Also, you need to liberally spray the shield. The squeegee should be used away from any entrances into the phone.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Don't use the spray or rubber squeegee -- mix a drop of dishwashing liquid with water and put it on a dish (this will let you soak the entire face) and apply the thing in a steamy bathroom with a credit card as your squeegee. The rubber squeegee makes people press too hard on the screen and probably leads to dead pixels.

BestSkinsEver has a superior design for the corners of the Pre. The InvisibleShield's corners leave much to be desired, are a pain to put on, and will likely be the first things to peel off. The cut of my IS was also pretty bad -- I lined up the mic hole perfectly and there's still a slight overhang that I had to snip off to make the whole thing fit. In the end, I ended up taking about a 1mm off the bottom edge and cut down each of the corners because they looked terrible (and I've applied more than 10 BSE/IS protectors in the past few years) -- trust me, the design on the corners is just awful.

I have the touchstone matte back, and the back cover is going to suck regardless, due to the fact that the "palm" logo is embossed into the back. I've got air bubbles around the letters that won't go away -- I'll probably peel it off and just use the matte back, since it already feels nice in the hand.

If I had to do it again, I'd go with BSE (honestly, who needs a lifetime warranty when you're only keeping phones 1-2 years these days).
    On day one, my slippery, precious river stone slid out of my hands 4 times. Must thank the Lord again because my phone suffered no damage. I did suffer 4 heartattacks, though.

My shield arrived Sat. and I tried the install Sun. By Sunday noon, my nerves were irritated and I carried Precious to the local mall kiosk to have the "pros" redo it.

They stuck me for $15 additional, but the phone is gor-gi-ous now.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    For "how to" help on shields, ask questions here:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...08#post1683908

For my friend Spazo, you will notice it is in the Accessory forum.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    lol pogey... you created yet another thread for something already covered. at least it was in the correct section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    lol pogey... you created yet another thread for something already covered. at least it was in the correct section.
    I know. I did a search for all threads that cover this, and found 93 threads with more than two thousand posts. It seems as though having a new thread every now and then to either refresh an issue or bring it up again for new users is a good thing. It's kind of like history class. Just because it already happened doesn't mean that we don't need to discuss it again.
    This stuff is a pain in the *** to install. So have them do it for you. Mine looks flawless. I love it.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I will be stopping by the ZAGG kiosk at my local mall in a few hours to have them install an Invisible Shield on my Pre. Hopefully it goes well - I'll report back with quality and pictures later. Also going to be picking up a touchstone this afternoon.
    Palm III -> Palm M100 -> Palm VII -> Tmobile MDA (The 3 year mistake) -> Palm Pre

Hello, Palm. Good to have you back. Let's just pretend that the whole "me leaving you for WinMo" thing never happened, OK?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12