Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    are people finding it for a reasonable price or something? i dont understand. its so pricey hardly seems worth it. can someone give me some insight. i feel like id rather just put the money towards an extended battery and only have to charge once every night and have a back up battery just incase

Update:
    Okay all i broke down and bought the touchstone. my touch stone story is here
    Last edited by jack87; 07/21/2009 at 11:06 PM.
    I plan on buying it once I receive my $25 Sprint Referral money card because it will only cost me exactly $27.49 out of pocket after using my 25% off any accessory coupon I received for being a Sprint Premier customer. Does this sound like a bad deal to you? I don't think I'd buy it if I had to spend the $69.99, but this sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I plan on buying it once I receive my $25 Sprint Referral money card because it will only cost me $27.49 after using my 25% off any accessory coupon I received for being a Sprint Premier customer.
    the whole referal thing seems like something i would put towards my bill to justfy the insurance rather then touch stone.. but that 25% off is nice but still kind of pricy (without the 25 bucks)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    the whole referal thing seems like something i would put towards my bill to justfy the insurance rather then touch stone.. but that 25% off is nice but still kind of pricy (without the 25 bucks)
    I just found out that my employer is on the list to receive a 15% discount on monthly phone bills. I just had it applied, so I think of that as compensating for my adding insurance. I do think that the Touchstone should be priced at $35-40, instead of $69.99.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
  5.    #5  
    does the touch stone only charge?? can you transfer data with it? cant charge off the computer being attached to the TS can you?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    you can only charge with it, and you can only use with outlet
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I don't really get the Touchstone hype either. Maybe if it transferred data or something. I think it's more of a luxury item.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    As someone who has a TS and wants about 3 more, let me explain.

• Most of us want to be as mobile as possible, ready to take off to a new destination at a moment's notice. Waiting for "Safely Remove Hardware" is not our idea of mobile
    • Pre's battery life is suspect and should probably spend a decent amount of time charging, especially with heavy IM, Pandora, GPS, Bluetooth use.
    • The "trap" door on the Pre scares some of us who are prone to breaking things
    • The TS is clearly a "differentiator" for fanboys/fangirls who care
    • We should all have a universal hatred of cords and plugs
    • Like a multi-tasking OS, once you have one, you can imagine going back. The TS makes transitions from deskwork to mobile work more seamless and that's the point. In the car, the rationale is even stronger IMHO. Can't wait to get another to set it up.
    • Most original TS purchases were at a 20% discount or roughly $55 for the cover and TS. TS's alone should be around $40 or less if we ever get any competitive pricing.

All in all, the TS has proven more useful than I originally thought, just like multi-tasking has been. It promises the end of the annoyance of cords. For some of us, that is worth the hefty price of admission (although admittedly it's a hefty price indeed).
    Sorry if I sound like a ***** but the touchstone is really not that much $$. I spend more everyday on Slickdeals.net saving money lol.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    It is pricey, no question about that. For those without any coupons to use, Sprint does offer 20% when you buy 2 accessories, so that is some help.
    After using mine for about 10 days now, I have to say I am glad I got it. I wish there was a way for the screen to go dark, that's my biggest complaint.
    The convenience of just placing the Pre on the TS is great. I didn't like opening that tiny little cover to plug the charger cord into. It is way too flimsy. My last 3 phones had those small flimsy covers on them. It would be nice to see a phone that addressed that issue in the future.
    Bottom line - you have to be able to justify the cost and convenience factor for yourself.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    FYI, Best Buy employees get it for $35. I'm having my buddy pick me up two.
    Looks like Palm now has a two-pack with cable for $139.99 which is still pricey. Maybe the PreCentral store will be knocking that down a little...
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Looks like Palm now has a two-pack with cable for $139.99 which is still pricey. Maybe the PreCentral store will be knocking that down a little...
    Came to post this. The Dual Location Kit is highly affordable for a new cable, a rubberized battery door, and two Touchstones.

Also, the Touchstone is amazing because you didn't even realize what a pain plugging in was until you cut it out of the equation.
    I have two touchstones (one for work, one for home). It makes it as easy to top off the battery as just sitting the phone on my desk. Yeah, I know ... plugging a cable in isn't difficult... but it's now something I now dont even need to think about. Call it the ultimate in laziness.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I used my Best Buy rewards to get one for about 40 bucks after the gift cards. IMHO, this phone is cutting edge technology and the TS is just part of that experience. I understand some folks not wanting to drop that kind of jack after getting a phone, but if you can, it really is a nice feature.

Also, like realistdreamer said above, I am a cord HATER! There I said it, and I feel much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    The "trap" door on the Pre scares some of us who are prone to breaking things
    This was my biggest reason for the TS
    For me, I'm just lazy...drop the phone on it and let it charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustxOnce View Post
    For me, I'm just lazy...drop the phone on it and let it charge.
    Ditto...and we have three (count them three) in my house ....and my wife and I would like to buy two more so we could each have one at work.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    i got mine for $55, and it's awesome. it's the not bending down, plugging in, unplugging, etc. Perfect for constantly topping off my battery.
    Just wait until you buy one. Then you will know why.

It is such a simple thing, but it makes a huge difference. It is one of the Pre's most attractive features.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast