Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My wife and I have three.. One at home, two at work..and I'm thinking of getting another to mount in the car..
    To get a corp discount (your employer has a discount with Sprint) what did you have to provide at the Sprint store? I'm pretty sure that my company has some sort of a discount with Sprint too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnVA View Post
    To get a corp discount (your employer has a discount with Sprint) what did you have to provide at the Sprint store? I'm pretty sure that my company has some sort of a discount with Sprint too.
    you can always get 20% off if you buy 2 accessories, which would make it $55.

I actually bought 2 of them and sold one on ebay so i could offset the price of the one or myself. So mine actually ended up being $45. Or you can just buy it for $49 in the accessory section of this website.
    It is expensive but I really like the back cover and the convenience of just being able to set it on the charger and not have to constantly open the usb port.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I have 2. One for Home office and another for my car. At first I thought it was an expensive luxury but now dropping the phone on the stone has become second nature. Especially convenient in my car not having to fumble with cables. By the way, the Palm oem car charger does power the TS.
    It is indeed a luxury item, but it's very convenient. If it helps, I just picked up a second one at the Sprint store, and since they don't carry Palm's Touchstone Expansion Kit, they gave me the regular Touchstone kit (with the rubberized backing), and a free wall charger and cable. Saved myself $10 actually, and have an extra backing... lol.

I will be getting a touchstone for the car once they develop something for it. The convenience of it is addicting.
    How is the dock+cover price ($49.99) cheaper here on precentral store and everythingpre store compared to sprint/palm price?
    Originally posted by imtravis:
    My wife and I have three.. One at home, two at work..and I'm thinking of getting another to mount in the car.
    What are you using to charge them? Have you found an adapter besides the palm one?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnVA View Post
    Try this: Sprint Nextel Discounts | Employee Value Program | EVP Online | Find Your Cellular Discount Plan, Cell Phone, & Accessories
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    The Touchstone is truly revolutionary in regards to charging devices. The fact that you can charge without a hard-wire connection is huge. This is stuff we used to dream about when I was a kid reading sci-fi. It's finally here. Thank God I'm alive to have seen it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
    The Touchstone is truly revolutionary in regards to charging devices. The fact that you can charge without a hard-wire connection is huge. This is stuff we used to dream about when I was a kid reading sci-fi. It's finally here. Thank God I'm alive to have seen it happen.
    this tech has been there for at least a couple years now.... at least in electric toothbrushes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustxOnce View Post
    For me, I'm just lazy...drop the phone on it and let it charge.
    That right there said it all for me.
    i want 10 more....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    you have to own one to know how cool it is....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    The Touchstone is almost as addicting as flicking away all your open cards.

Except for the charging notification sound... It sounds more annoying and shrill than happy and purring.
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn View Post
    Sorry if I sound like a ***** but the touchstone is really not that much $$. I spend more everyday on Slickdeals.net saving money lol.
    You sir are retarded.
    Anyone that spends more than 10-20 dollars to charge their phone is an *****.
    Okay I bought one on day one and have not used it yet because I thought it was truly wireless however for those claiming it's wireless it's stilled plugged into a jack! And for price it's extremely expensive and to add insult to injury they didn't even give you a spare cable in the package! Anyway I'm going to still give it a try to see if it's as hype as the posters here claim it to be....to be continued!
    Originally posted by scharlesjr:
    Okay I bought one on day one and have not used it yet because I thought it was truly wireless however for those claiming it's wireless it's stilled plugged into a jack! And for price it's extremely expensive and to add insult to injury they didn't even give you a spare cable in the package! Anyway I'm going to still give it a try to see if it's as hype as the posters here claim it to be....to be continued!
    I felt the exact same way and didn't even open it up until this week. Now that I've tried it, I love it and I've ordered a second. I've also considered a third one for the car, but I thought that that would be too lazy. I can just unplug the work one or the house one and take it with me.

It's nice to not having to use the microUSB port unless you want to pull something from the computer. It's also nice not having to safely remove hardware, just because you needed to charge the phone.
    I picked up my touchstone for home this past afternoon. Within 10 minutes of placing it on my desk, I've gone and ordered another for work - overnight shipping. The utter convenience really seems ignorable until you have one, at which point it becomes indispensable.
    Palm III -> Palm M100 -> Palm VII -> Tmobile MDA (The 3 year mistake) -> Palm Pre

Hello, Palm. Good to have you back. Let's just pretend that the whole "me leaving you for WinMo" thing never happened, OK?
    coz its the only dock available for the Pre.... literally only dock.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast