1.    #1  
    So like everyone else, I'm all about the matte finish... looks solid. Yet, when it comes to the touchstone itself I have some qualms...

#1. If its not sitting PERFECTLY, it beeps constantly if the battery is fully charged. This has become a nuisance when I go to bed, so much that I end up taking it off because the beeping is just too much. Yeah, I could turn it on vibrate, but if a call comes through I want to get it.

#2. The clock... why can't it follow the accelerator? If I put it horizontally it should display the time BIGGER. Even when it's oriented vertically I still have a problem...

#3. The display is bright while showing the time. I tried toning down the brightness in the "screen & lock" settings but there's no way. A dimer to power down the display after X minutes would be appreciated.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think it's GREAT on my desk while I'm working. But if I travel and/or need to use it as an alarm clock... no joy. The reason I want to leave it on overnight is so I don't have to worry about charging it in the morning... I can pick it up and head out.

Just curious if anyone else had similar thoughts or feelings about it.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #1 I've never noticed the beep but I always mount mine vertically so maybe that's why.

#2 Not an issue for me (see #1)

#3 Good suggestion. I'd like to see that too.
    Sounds like you don't have the battery cover on all the way. It needs to snap into place once it is seated.

Others have posted having this problem with the TS and fixed it by re-seating the battery cover.

I have had no problems with my TS.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum Loco View Post

#3. The display is bright while showing the time. I tried toning down the brightness in the "screen & lock" settings but there's no way. A dimer to power down the display after X minutes would be appreciated.

Just curious if anyone else had similar thoughts or feelings about it.
    I personally hate the fact that the screen stays on while using the touchstone. They need to make this a setting that can be turned off. The first day I got the charger, I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to turn it off because I could not believe anyone would do that.

I get the alarm clock idea - but I don't need it. Couldn't they make it so when you touch the screen, it the clock could lite up. This way you wouldn't need to fumble for the power button to see the time. But why would I want the screen to stay on ALL NIGHT LONG?

I'm convinced that the reason my screen now has yellow corners and dead pixels is because it is on for hours all night. I never noticed any problems with the screen until I had the charger.

I thought the charger was ridiculously expensive and would not buy it...until i felt like I would break something every time I pryed open the usb cover. Brilliant way to get people to buy a $70 charger - make opening the little door an act of frustration.

All that said, the touchstone is very cool.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    The TS is a great product, but I don't need a night light. There has to be a way to turn OFF the screen. Please add this option to the next update! I'm have been covering the Pre with papers at night and that's getting old...
    Bump for Palm to read.

The screen brightness on mine and my wife's phone is way too bright at night.....especially with two of them in the room.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Agree with the above comments, and I would also add I'd like the option to charge with the touchstone with the phone OFF. At home, I'd like to charge with my phone off at night.