Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    As much as I like Pandora, it's even better when running on Pre placed on Touchstone. Touchstone keeps charging at a higher rate than used by Pandora (which is a bonus). BTW, if I start Pandora and then put the Pre on Touchstone, the screen doesn't blackout which is a really nice feature as well but it looks like it does blackout once the Pre is fully charged... So far, loving it.

Ultimately what will be ideal if I can get Touchstone installed in my car, running Pandora and GPS and Touchstone charging the Pre at a higher rate than actual usage

Good job Palm!
    Pre on a touchstone works great for pandora, it will heat up a bit after an hour or so!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoolace View Post
    Ultimately what will be ideal if I can get Touchstone installed in my car, running Pandora and GPS and Touchstone charging the Pre at a higher rate than actual usage

Good job Palm!
    I am thinking ahead of you, I'm trying to think of how to hold a Pre with a Touchstone mounted behind it so that it could charge in a car. The Magnets are not strong enough to hold it without it falling once a bump is hit. Also I like clean installs so I'll have to find a way to route the charging cables.

I've had my car less then a month and I'm already thinking of chopping it up... my gf is going to kill me if it doesn't look amazing I love a challenge!

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Tim,

Great minds think alike. I was thinking we should have a separate sub-forum on custom Touchstone car installs

Here are some things I'm thinking about:
    - if the power wire is pulled from one of the electronic harnesses do I have to worry about the 1 AMP requirement for Touchstone
    - most of the power cables in the electronic harness run at 12V and we need a way to reduce the voltage to 5V and also some type of a surge protector (I think)
    - I'm also thinking about what clip to use (proclip or pro-fit come to mind) to install the Touchstone

On a side note: My car is a 2002 but I had mine torn apart 1 month after I bought it to "upgrade" the stereo

Shoolace
    Try a Pioneer Bluetooth headunit that controls Pandora, Mutes for GPS navigation and lets you take calls. Now see if my wife lets me trade my headunit? Not likely. Time to sell some stuff on eBay.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    That's a pretty good idea. Do you have the Pioneer model nbr by any chance? Please let me know.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Try a Pioneer Bluetooth headunit that controls Pandora, Mutes for GPS navigation and lets you take calls. Now see if my wife lets me trade my headunit? Not likely. Time to sell some stuff on eBay.
    What is the model number on that Pioneer head unit? I'm looking to upgrade in the fall. Thanks!
    Obscura