1.    #1  
    Well, so far so good. It was a little trying to put on, but that have been the three cups of coffee. It seemed much more difficult than the iPhone installation. Also, they did NOT send enough shield spray. I ran out doing the front (did the back first for some stupid reason). I'm hoping it dries to show better than it does now.

To those have installed the Invisible Shield:

How long did you leave the battery out/phone off before turning it back on and using it?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post

To those have installed the Invisible Shield:

How long did you leave the battery out/phone off before turning it back on and using it?

Thanks!
    After 10 hours, I turned mine on.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I was wondering about the whole 24 hour thing.

Did you find that you had enough Shield Spray?
    I waited about 8 hours before reinstalling the battery and turning the device on. No problems.
    i put mine on in like 10 mins (never put one of these on any phone before), i didnt take the battery out, and i used the touchscreen like 30 mins after i finished. I have not taken any calls on it yet (was going to wait 12 hours for that) and I'm not putting it in my holster yet till it had anough time to dry/cure. one thing i found was the "sponge" that came with mine with the solution on it sucked (but was good to keep my finger tips wet), so i used the dish soap/water in a dish method, worked reay well, and used a hair dryer to help dry the corners/sides out enough to get them to stick quicker/better once the front/back was right.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I did mine in about 20 minutes. My thoughts...

1. I would remove the batt. I was turning my device onto it's edges looking for imperfections in the install and kept turning on the device. As it turns out, I did leave mine off overnight so removing the battery wouldn't have hurt.

2. I just about used all my application liquid. Just about a 1/4" left in the bottom of the bottle. The more you use, the merrier. Just don't run out!

3. Gently place the protector on the screen and work the bubbles out, from the middle of the screen outward. Try and keep the edges off the screen for as long as possible (make it almost look like a bowl; applying pressure to the bottom part and working the bubbles / applicator fluid outward.

4. Do the above process for the back as well. The "Palm" logo is recessed and, if not done carefully, fluid and air bubbles will remain in the logo and the shield won't fully adhere to that area.

5. Some have said that their package came with a "Sponge." Ixnay that thing. Mine came with a rubber credit card looking thing. This is the best type of tool for this type of application. Great for applying pressure and working out bubbles even after it's fully applied (but not yet dried). A credit card will do if you are in a pinch but I can't say wether or not it'll leave marks.

I think that's all for now. If I have follow up thoughts, I'll post 'em!
    So you guys take the battery out before installing the screen protector and wait like 10 hours without putting the battery on the phone? Damn 10 long hours.... I guess i can try to do this on a saturday night or something.

By the way don't you lose all your info after removing the battery for that long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    So you guys take the battery out before installing the screen protector and wait like 10 hours without putting the battery on the phone? Damn 10 long hours.... I guess i can try to do this on a saturday night or something.

By the way don't you lose all your info after removing the battery for that long?
    Only if you pull the battery out with the phone on. You have to make sure to turn off your device before doing so to prevent memory corruption.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I never took my battery out or turned my phone off. I had no issues at all with putting it on while the phone was up and running, just made sure to turn the screen off. I was back up and running within two minutes with no issues. Curious as to why you have to take the battery out and not use it for 10 hrs? excess liquid getting into the phone? Just curious.
    There are so many threads with tips on install, there's almost no excuse for a ****ty install. Just did mine a while back, 10 minutes tops. Granted, I've done 6 of them in the past (iPods, Treos, etc).

Main things to keep in mind:

- not enough solution. Just empty the whole bottle into a cup, fill the bottle with water, twice, and mix them. IOW, there is enough solution in there for three bottles. The adhesive doesn't need much solution to react, but you do need a lot to keep the skin from drying off while you install it and to also allow for some slide action to move the skin in its place.

- With enough solution now, you can liberaly spray the skin, away from the phone. I do it with batteries removed, back cover off.

- clean, oil-free hands are a must. No dust around either, so don't do it laying on carpet or in bed.

- have at least two lint-free cloths. Do not use paper towel -common sense, really.

- Some say to use a credit card, I'm ok with the squegee included. Just be sure it's also wet so it slides nicely.

- And watch all install videos you can find, regardless of make/model. They all have the same relevant info.

That's it, really. Be patient, don't rush it and remember, as long as it isn't dry and you don't pull it hard, you can always redo your work.
    Last edited by Carioca_FL; 06/15/2009 at 08:22 PM.
    Here are some of the pictures, taken about 5 minutes after the install. Any small bubbles you see disappear once the skin is completely dried and has shrunk itself a bit.

Also note I did not apply to the back cover yet. Since I have the Touchstone cover, which is kinda rubbery, I'm wondering if I want to lose the look and feel of the cover but also risk any scratches on it.

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    That "solution" is just dish soap and water. If you need more just use a drop of soap in a bowl of water and mix.
    Thanks for posting pictures. I had an invisible shield on my Centro and I found the corners distracting, but the protection and anti-slip quite good.

Do you find it detracts from the appearance? The pre has some very elegant curves and quite a bit of shine...
    I don't think it detracts at all, none of the shine is gone. It actually makes the screen much more readable in daylight, as it cuts glare by quite a bit.

It also makes finger sliding action a bit more precise; I guess it's hard to describe until you've actually used it.
    paid $10 at the mall kiosk to get it done. Congrats on you do-it-yourselfers.
    I tried installing the shield when I first got the phone back in June. I royally messed it up so I took it off. I called Zagg and said that I had my phone replaced and they sent me out a new one.

I ended up really getting my phone replaced. So I only installed the shield on the back of the phone. I kept the stock cover on the front.
    And unless you're into the ghetto look, the original screen cover should last you about 2 to 3 days.

/edit: and you had to revive a month-old thread?
    I used to have the Invisible Shield on my HTC Touch and the corners always get nasty after a while. Nothing but lint in my pockets but I guess that catches it pretty easily. Eventually the whole thing looks a dirty color of brown and off-white. I like it but I would probably cut off those corner areas if I got it again.
    Referring to the "not enough Shieldspray" remark - I got IS for my Treo Pro and the bottle came empty (the cap was loose) ! Zagg support apologised but said some have had success just putting water into the bottle and use it. It worked for me! I guess the it just needs a trace amount of chemical adherent to the sides of the bottle.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Sounds complicated.