Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried the Seidio Innocell 1350mAh Extended Life Battery for the Pre, and if so do you think it makes a big difference? I'm trying to figure out if it's really worth $44.95 for an extra 200mAh, which is about 15% more if my math is correct. I've always loved their products for my WinMo Treo's but I wondered if anyone was already using one and if they could see a big difference at the end of the day? Thanks!
    -Marc K.
    I'm personally waiting for the rumored 2800+ with the bulge.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn View Post
    Amzer has one shipping after 06/27...

Amzer SmartCell 2800 mAh Lithium Ion Extended Battery with Black Battery Door - 83630 - Fommy.com
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn View Post
    I was thinking about waiting to see what that one was like and exactly how much buldge it will add to the phone, but I have 2 Touchstones (home and work) and so far it doesn't say that their new back is compatible. Also don't forget that you'll need Seidio's Pre holster (which are some of the best holsters I've ever used thankfully) to use the buldge battery when it becomes available...
    -Marc K.
    Ordered it yesterday. Will report.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Ordered it yesterday. Will report.
    Thanks KoukiFC3S! I look forward to hearing what you think of it!
    -Marc K.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorscheGuy View Post
    Has anyone tried the Seidio Innocell 1350mAh Extended Life Battery for the Pre, and if so do you think it makes a big difference? I'm trying to figure out if it's really worth $44.95 for an extra 200mAh, which is about 15% more if my math is correct. I've always loved their products for my WinMo Treo's but I wondered if anyone was already using one and if they could see a big difference at the end of the day? Thanks!
    What kind of answer are you hoping for here?

It makes ~15% difference. If that is worth $35-45 to you go for it.

I have been happy with mine. I have been using them since the 8th.
    Quote Originally Posted by PorscheGuy View Post
    I was thinking about waiting to see what that one was like and exactly how much buldge it will add to the phone, but I have 2 Touchstones (home and work) and so far it doesn't say that their new back is compatible. Also don't forget that you'll need Seidio's Pre holster (which are some of the best holsters I've ever used thankfully) to use the buldge battery when it becomes available...
    I doubt seriously that they're going to produce a touchstone capable bulge battery door.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I've already received the 1350mAh battery made for the Pre (got it on Saturday). I can't say how it will be when it's been broken in, but on its first full charge I got 10 hours with light use (compared to 8 hours with the stock battery). The stock battery got much better after a few recharges so I'm hoping the Seidio will too. I've bought batteries from Seidio many times before and they are a quality company and they make quality products. Highly recommended.

Hope this helps,
    Carl
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    What kind of answer are you hoping for here?

It makes ~15% difference. If that is worth $35-45 to you go for it.

I have been happy with mine. I have been using them since the 8th.
    Hmm... I'm pretty sure they have only been shipping this battery since Wednesday or Thursday. Are you sure you're not talking about the Seidio battery made for the Centro (white battery)? I assumed we were talking about the one made for the Pre (black).
    I am talking about the Centro 1350mA battery that is identical, save its model number, to the Pre battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I am talking about the Centro 1350mA battery that is identical, save its model number, to the Pre battery.
    What evidence do you have that they are identical? Seidio (the manufacturer) says that they are in fact different. Palm also says batteries for the Pre are different than batteries for the Centro. How are you certain they are the same?
    Looks the same and works the same. No one here or anywhere else on the internet has seen a single one of these supposed 'horrible issues' from using them.

Logic would tell us that Palm would use common parts to lower their overall expenses. So far, no one who insists that they are different has been able to offer any proof of what is different. Logic would also tell us that Palm and Seidio have no incentive to be truthful about the issue. They would prefer to sell you a new battery then support the old ones.
    I got mine, and at least the first time through, it's worse than the OEM battery is now. But the OEM battery was also this bad the first time through... I'm going to drain it completely tonight to condition/calibrate it.

I expect it will be the advertised 15% better than the OEM battery.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    I received mine yesterday, and charged it completely. So far I'm 15 hours in with light use and 67% battery life left. This is with no full discharge calibration. So no complaints from me.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks everyone! I just ordered the black 1350mAh extended battery for the Pre along with their good holster and the multi-charger so I can charge my Pre and the original battery at the same time...
    -Marc K.
    I recieved and tested my Seidio battery today after giving it a full charge overnight. The battery works, except that when I close the keyboard on my Pre it will occasionally power off the device completely. After careful observation, the Seido 1350 battery is not the right size, more specifically, it's a little short, and this is the Pre specific battery i'm talking about. The two anchor pins on top don't lock in as on the OEM Battery which i'm assuming where the problem is. Are any of you having this problem with your batteries? I'm hoping it's an isolated problem, i'll be getting an RMA for this ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben7seven7 View Post
    I recieved and tested my Seidio battery today after giving it a full charge overnight. The battery works, except that when I close the keyboard on my Pre it will occasionally power off the device completely. After careful observation, the Seido 1350 battery is not the right size, more specifically, it's a little short, and this is the Pre specific battery i'm talking about. The two anchor pins on top don't lock in as on the OEM Battery which i'm assuming where the problem is. Are any of you having this problem with your batteries? I'm hoping it's an isolated problem, i'll be getting an RMA for this ASAP.
    Sucks. The Centro battery fits perfectly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben7seven7 View Post
    Sorry to hear the problem. PLease PM me your order # so we can take care of your problem quickly.

FYI. Please refer to the following link for the possible cause and solution.

FYI.

http://forums.precentral.net/hardwar...s-phone-9.html

http://www.precentral.net/slider-cra...gyver-solution

Seidio
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 06/21/2009 at 08:40 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast