Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Sorry to hear the problem. PLease PM me your order # so we can take care of your problem quickly.

FYI. Please refer to the following link for the possible cause and solution.

http://www.precentral.net/slider-cra...gyver-solution

Seidio
    Isn't the fundamental problem a design flaw? i.e. the battery is too short? Are you changing the size of the battery to accommodate for the gap?

Should there be concerns about heat build up against the paper?
    I will be waiting til the price drops at least $10 or so. Not worth the extra money at this point.
  3.    #23  
    Hmmm, I hope mine doesn't have the issue with the battery losing connection when I close the slider! I've been lucky that my Pre doesn't have ANY of the issues people have been complaining about!

My only complaint so far is that I really needed at least the holster that I ordered from them by this weekend, so I placed my order Tuesday morning and paid extra for 2-Day FedEx, only to have my order not even ship out until Thursday afternoon, meaning of course that it won't arrive until Monday now. I really wish that fact would have been explained before I placed my order so that I wouldn't have thrown away money on 2-day shipping and still have it arrive AFTER I need it...
    -Marc K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben7seven7 View Post
    I recieved and tested my Seidio battery today after giving it a full charge overnight. The battery works, except that when I close the keyboard on my Pre it will occasionally power off the device completely. After careful observation, the Seido 1350 battery is not the right size, more specifically, it's a little short, and this is the Pre specific battery i'm talking about. The two anchor pins on top don't lock in as on the OEM Battery which i'm assuming where the problem is. Are any of you having this problem with your batteries? I'm hoping it's an isolated problem, i'll be getting an RMA for this ASAP.
    Exact same problem that happened to me. EVERY time I would slide the screen the phone would turn off. It's going back this week.
    I just put the battery in my phone (got it in the mail about 3 hours ago!). I have been sliding the crap out of the screen to see if the problem exists, and so far it doesn't. But then again, I never had the problem with the original battery. I'll report back and let you all know how well the battery does in comparison to the old one!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf
    Isn't the fundamental problem a design flaw? i.e. the battery is too short? Are you changing the size of the battery to accommodate for the gap?

Should there be concerns about heat build up against the paper?
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest! Again, this problem doesn't lie in the battery, but on a batch of the Palm Pre that somehow have a slightly larger battery compartment. People have been reporting issues with both OEM and Seidio batteries, so I think it is right to say that the problems lie with the device, not the accessories.
    hey seido, do you have any idea of how soon the double capacity battery will be available? I noticed it now has a price of $54.95, I hope that's a sign it's coming soon. I'm on the waiting list at Sprint and should be getting a call either tmrw or the day after so I'm debating whether to wait for the battery if it's not too bulky or to get a touchstone, mainly bc they are cool thanks!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarqBland View Post
    I just put the battery in my phone (got it in the mail about 3 hours ago!). I have been sliding the crap out of the screen to see if the problem exists, and so far it doesn't. But then again, I never had the problem with the original battery. I'll report back and let you all know how well the battery does in comparison to the old one!
    Whew, finally got mine today and same as you! Tried sliding the keyboard open and closed harder than I ever do in normal usage and not a single problem! But like you said I never had the problem with the original battery either, and according to Seidio in this post and a couple others that issue is caused by a bad Pre anyways...
    -Marc K.
    In case anyone wants to order it

10% off orders above $50
    ITB0630

exp 6/30/09
    The standard battery is $23.99.

No way this is worth almost 2x the price...
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post

Very true, Needs to be about $10 cheaper or give a coupon code for a while.
    I got a new Pre today to replace the previous one's screen glitches, and the Seidio battery works a little better in this one, it doesn't shut off as often, still waiting on a replacement battery. Also the screeen on my replacement is better than the original though not 100% perfect, but the slider has a small gap on top and the two halves wiggle a bit in the closed position. My original Pre's slider was flush and tight with no shiftyness. But the screen had the blotching on it.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have also discovered the Seidio battery has a problem working with the Palm battery charger. When I plug in the battery it normally just gives a red-green-red-off led light sequence compared to a steady red when charging a steady green when charged with the palm battery. I discovered that the contacts don't make a good connection with the Seidio battery but after fiddling I discovered a solution. Angle the battery into the contacts then stick a nickel to prop it in place. First post so I cant insert photo but search @bfralph on twitter
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben7seven7 View Post
    I got a new Pre today to replace the previous one's screen glitches, and the Seidio battery works a little better in this one, it doesn't shut off as often, still waiting on a replacement battery. Also the screeen on my replacement is better than the original though not 100% perfect, but the slider has a small gap on top and the two halves wiggle a bit in the closed position. My original Pre's slider was flush and tight with no shiftyness. But the screen had the blotching on it.
    Funny, this is EXACTLY what happened to me!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Just got my Seidio 1350 and it FITS PERFECTY!

After two full charge/discharge cycles to condition the battery, it looks to have added about 25% more battery life. FANTASTIC!

GREAT JOB, SEIDIO. I just went and ordered your Innocase.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post

Where do you get the standard batteries for 23.99??
    I have the same issue with my Seido 1350. My replacement Pre has the "new" built-in cushion tab for the battery, but the Seido battery is indeed shorter than the stock battery. The length difference is especially noticeable when using the Palm travel charger case, where I have to use a slab of paper to charge the Seido, but not the stock battery.
    Listen, I had the same problem, the "top" of the battery (opposite side from the contacts) have two plastic "tabs"...well, I had one of the early Seidio Palm Pre 1350 mAH batches of battery and one of the plastic tabs was shorter or maybe even broken off during manufacturing. So that Sedio Palm Pre 1350 mAh battery would never charge on Palm battery charger. I have bought many Sedio extended batteries for Palm Treos and Centros and never had a problem with them fitting in Palm OEM battery charger. Anyhow, I told Seidio about it and they allowed me to exchange for a newer one and all is well and my Seidio 1350 mAH Palm Pre battery fits and charges fine on Palm battery charger. I was impressed with their service, I bought another 2nd Palm Pre Seidio 1350 mAH and the 2nd battery fits fine in the Palm battery charger as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bfralph View Post
    I have also discovered the Seidio battery has a problem working with the Palm battery charger. When I plug in the battery it normally just gives a red-green-red-off led light sequence compared to a steady red when charging a steady green when charged with the palm battery. I discovered that the contacts don't make a good connection with the Seidio battery but after fiddling I discovered a solution. Angle the battery into the contacts then stick a nickel to prop it in place. First post so I cant insert photo but search @bfralph on twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12