1.    #1  
    I have an aux plug for my car's stereo and I want to stream music from my Pre to my aux plug via some sort of Bluetooth receiver. I found a device made by RIM called a "BlackBerry Bluetooth Music Gateway"

I was wondering if anyone has/used it or if anyone has any better solutions.

-dave
    I picked one of these up at Best Buy yesterday. It works just fine and the sound quality is decent (not as good as connected to the Aux jack directly). It also requires a mini-USB car charger (not included) to be connected as it does not have a battery of any kind. Overall I have been very satisfied and it is nice not have wires strung all over the car.
    I actually just bought one off eBay myself to use mostly for streaming Pandora in the apartment. It's slightly staticy from about 10-15 feet away, but no worse than FM radio can be. Also, there's a ton of interfering signals, since that's where the wireless router (dual-band a/n and b/g/n) is, plus a couple laptops' wireless (only one uses a/n), Bluetooth Wii controllers, and my desktop uses Bluetooth for its keyboard and mouse.

Basically, it's almost like a torture test and I'm surprised at how well it handles it.
  4.    #4  
    Sweet, now to find a good online deal for it. Thanx guys!
    I read that you have to touch it to turn it on/off.
    Is there a way to disable that?

The reason I ask is because i would like to just hide it in my car, under the dash or something. But if it turns itself off automatically, then i have no way to turn it back on.

So, when used in a car, can it be hidden away?
    Dont forget that it wont take calls. You can only stream music with this device.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Dont forget that it wont take calls. You can only stream music with this device.
    Good point, though I find that the Pre's actual speakerphone works great for taking calls.
    I have it in my car, hidden in the glove box. Turns on when you start the car (when there is juice) and automatically pairs w/ the pre. I like it. :-)
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I have paired my pre with my car as a phone, works great. Car does not support A2DP bluetooth profile, I assume I am pairing with car using hfp. Can anyone tell me if the Pre can pair with seperate devices at the same time using different profiles. I would like to add a bluetooth devide to my car such as the blackberry music gateway to stream music wirelessly, but I would still like the phone to function with the car over bluetooth.

My wife's car is the same way, an Audi. Audi makes a bluetooth adaptor for their MMI (multi media interface) which I assume functions like the Blackberry music gateway. I'd like to pair to both hfp and A2dp in her car, and have them both work. I've heard where this is possible with the Pre and Ford's Sync system.

Anyone have any ideas, or have tried this before?