Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does it say "pre" on the end of it? Does it state what the power rating is ie: 5v/500a or 5v/1000a? I see some "oem" charges on ebay that look similar and say they are for the pre but I suspect they are for other sprint phones and will not work properly.
    Most chargers seem to work over the micro usb port but only seem to push .5 amps instead of 1 amp.

From what I have read here the Sprint charger is pushing a full 1 amp because it works with the Touchstone.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  3.    #3  
    I heard from someone that the sprint model designed for the pre says "pre" on it. I want to confirm so if I order one off of ebay I can ask the seller. Thanks
    The packaging it comes in does say its for the Palm Pre but the charger itself just says Sprint on it.
    I don't have the sprint one, but I do have the palm one with the nifty USB cord. After reading your post I checked to see if it charges through the touchstone and it does.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint branded car charger and the packaging doesn't mention the Pre at all. It says, "Palm Compatible Micro-USB Vehicle Charger. For use with all Palm Micro-USB Devices".
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have a car-charger nubbin that has a USB hole in it.. is it OK to plug in the USB that came w the pre into it?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    I have a Sprint branded car charger and the packaging doesn't mention the Pre at all. It says, "Palm Compatible Micro-USB Vehicle Charger. For use with all Palm Micro-USB Devices".

I have this same one. the cute lady at sprint told me it was for the pre.
  9.    #9  
    Does it say "palm" near the micro usb end, maybe embossed in the rubber? I was told it did. I bought the palm oem car charger to get me by but I am thinking of just getting a usb adapter from monoprice like this:

For only $0.83 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - Black | Car Charger Accessories
    When commenting on what you have, please indicate whether it works with the TS.
    thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Most chargers seem to work over the micro usb port but only seem to push .5 amps instead of 1 amp.

From what I have read here the Sprint charger is pushing a full 1 amp because it works with the Touchstone.
    Could you provide a link to that? I was under the impression the Sprint branded charger will not work with the Touchstone. If it does, I'll be heading out to get a Touchstone for my car......
    I just went out and bought the sprint car charger for the pre. They gave me a charger that states for palm devices. The reading on the adapter states it is 5v .850ma. Is this what others have? I bought this as many say the sprint charger works for the touchstone. I would hate to open it up and modify the plug to fit the touchstone and have it not work. Can others that have the sprint adapter and tried it with the touchstone look at the plug and see what the amp reading is.

Thanks,

- Garrett
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Yeah, I have one that is 5v .85A and branded Sprint (and the packaging said Palm Compatible) and its the one they told me I needed for the Pre.

Even though I already have a car charger for my previous phone that also puts out 5v .85A
    Well I decided to give the sprint charger a try with the touchstone and it works great. I have the touchstone installed in my Mini in one of the cup holders under the radio and it integrates wonderfully.

- Garrett
    Don't want to jack this thread but I thought you guys should know, I also bought this car charger from Sprint and if you plug both the charger and the AUX cable you will get a horrible static sound coming out of your speakers. I'm not sure if its the charger or the phone itself but be aware that you will not be able to play music while charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwp View Post
    Well I decided to give the sprint charger a try with the touchstone and it works great. I have the touchstone installed in my Mini in one of the cup holders under the radio and it integrates wonderfully.

- Garrett
    Does your read 5v , .85amps?
    I have the Sprint car charger which I purchased when I got my Pre. The packaging didn't say Pre on it, but I confirmed the product/stock number on the package with that flyer that was circulated that listed the Palm "approved" accessories for launch day.

Tag info:

Spring Vehicle Power Charger
    Model: KPS200BPRE/PVX8930
    Input: DC 11.5-16V
    Output: .5V / 0.85A

For use with Palm Micro-USB devices
    U.S. Patent D522457

Made in China 1009-09130
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha View Post
    Don't want to jack this thread but I thought you guys should know, I also bought this car charger from Sprint and if you plug both the charger and the AUX cable you will get a horrible static sound coming out of your speakers. I'm not sure if its the charger or the phone itself but be aware that you will not be able to play music while charging.
    It must be your car because my car does not do that!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha View Post
    You have a ground loop in your car.. It can be rectified by using a ground loop isolator.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    If you're interested, this is what the official Palm charger looks like..
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast