Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I purchased the Invisible Shield by Zagg from Best Buy and it seems like the best thing since sliced bread IF you can get it on correctly, which I couldn't so I totally messed it up.

I'm mulling my options now, try to get a replacement through their warranty, or best buy, or try a different protector. What are you guys using?
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    i bought the zagg and had trouble installing it. I got it lined up okay but it still has bubbles all over the place. I read on these forums that those bubbles may away after some time, but I'm not so sure.

I'll probably keep it on for a week to see if there's any improvement. If not, I'll prolly just let it go naked or get one of those hard cases.
    You can try to go through their warranty. Just tell them you had issues with your Pre and got the phone swapped for a new one.

From Zagg.com
    Q: What should I do if I need to send my device to the manufacturer?

A: There are times when you may need to send in your electronic device to the manufacturer for warranty repair work. If this is the case, we recommend taking the invisibleSHIELD™ off of your device before sending it in for repair. For instructions on removing the invisibleSHIELD™, please click here.

Once you remove the invisibleSHIELD™, please send it back to our office at the following address:

ZAGG Inc
    3855 S. 500 W. Suite B
    Salt Lake City, UT 84115

Upon receipt of your invisibleSHIELD™, we will send you a new invisibleSHIELD, free of charge, per our free replacement policy. For replacement orders you will be charged a minimal fee of $3.95 ($5.95 for laptop shields) for shipping and handling. (Sending your original invisibleSHIELD™ back to our offices will keep your Lifetime Replacement Guarantee intact).
    I had trouble putting mine on as well, ended up trashing it. I really like the products but I have to find a professional or something. It's even harder since they switched to the "sponge", before you could soak the shield pretty easily with the spray and make it easier to work with...still, even then it was difficult on the sheets that had several "sections" like the Pre's shield, rather than one nice, flat square/rectangle (for the iPhone/iPod touch screens for example...those are easy to put on).
    I purchased bodygaurdz. They send you two sets in the kit for 24.95 w/lifetime replacments. Here are some pics of what it looks like on the phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I put mine on (Zagg) with some difficulty, having to remove and reapply it a few times. The biggest issue was lining up all the openings perfectly, especially for the center button in the gesture area. The one thing that made the process ultimately work out was spraying my finger tips with the enclosed solution. The bubbles have indeed slowly disappeared. I also had to use my exacto knife to trim excess along the edges when the slider was open.
    I had one put on at best buy last night. The guy had never done one before but it looks okay. Plus since it was his first time he put one on he didn't charge the 14 dollars for installation and he gave me 15% off.
    bodyguard sucks im returning mine, as u can see it sticks out on the edge when u slide up, not a perfect fit
    $14 for installation? Really, these things are so simple to put on if you are just a little patient. Don't throw your money away on installation. Good thing they guy didn't charge you.
    Wrong forum (pre accessories has a few threads)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    $14 for installation? Really, these things are so simple to put on if you are just a little patient. Don't throw your money away on installation. Good thing they guy didn't charge you.
    They are not simple to put on at all. Mine came with a sponge, not a spray.. The thing is so sticky it absorbs the water. Once it touches down I can't move it at all
    how are all these skinz sticking on to the pre? and is it easy to remove or is there some sort of glue underneath?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    how are all these skinz sticking on to the pre? and is it easy to remove or is there some sort of glue underneath?
    It's some ultra sticky susbtance. It's not glue but its sort of like saran wrap in the way that if you don't do it perfectly the first time, or try to take it off it will mess itself up so its never the same again.. It won't damage your phone or leave any residue or anything though
    ic. hm that makes me think twice about doing it. maybe i'll have to go look around and see if i can find phones w/these skinz on to see what it looks/feels like in person.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    ic. hm that makes me think twice about doing it. maybe i'll have to go look around and see if i can find phones w/these skinz on to see what it looks/feels like in person.
    Check out this video.. It's a REALLY nice cover and really protects the device... But as this guy explains it requires a lot of precision and patience to get it right

I have an extra unused set of Bodyguardz skins for sale. I'd let them go for $20.
    Got Zagg for mine from BB and really couldn't be happier. It's a little tacky on the screen, but it feels substantial, like it would protect from falls, scratching pretty easily. I think a lot of people having trouble just need to be patient and let the bubbles dissapate over a couple days. Mine didn't look great for the first few hours, but by day 2 (24 hours) it was just about perfect. If you apply the skin over the hole first then everything else lines up perfectly. Just don't try to apply from the middle first, that makes it almost impossible and very frustrating. This was my first skin install ever and it took me all of 15 mins. total.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I put on my invisible shield on just over 24 hours ago now. After installation it looked like crap. Very bad orange peel look, and a few bubbles on the outer edges that I somehow missed.

But after 24 hours the shield seems to have smoothed itself out alot. I can still easy see that it has the shield on it and the little bubbles that are there annoy the heck out of me.

Also it looks like there are two bad scratches in the shield or putting the shield on scratched my Pre. The scratches are the part that annoys me the most as they are perfectly straight lines and distort the image where they are. So on a plain white background like in e-mail they stick out bad. I am tempted to tear it off to see if the scratches are in the Pre or the shield. I am not sure if I am going to keep the shield on or not. I love the feel of the shield and it keeps the finger prints to a minimum and I think the touch response is better. But it just looks like crap with the bubbles and the scratches.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I got my ZAGG about 2 days ago and put it on. Yes, it was difficult. They sent me the one with the spray bottle. I soaked it up good on both sides along with my fingers. Like others have said, the key is putting over one of the holes first, earpiece or gesture button, then work from there. Yes, I had some bubbles too. This is the second day and they are pretty much gone now. I was a little concerned after I put it on, but now. It looks great and protects it even better. I tried the key test. Not a scratch. You can't even tell I used a key on it. Like everyone says. Be patient. Very patient it will work.
    I'm convinced that all these installation issues are people not researching the countless installation tips online. Here alone, there are so many posts on this, you can find tons of information on how to install it.

RTFM FTW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast