Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    FIRST OFF
    I wanna say I discovered the coolest thing, if you're using your pre to listen to music via regular headphones (that don't have a microphone on them) and you get a call, you can leave your headphones on, the Pre will use the built in mic and play the conversation through the headphones! so you can just lift it to your mouth and talk like a walkie talkie and then continue playing music once the call is over - all without taking your headphones out.

THAT SAID -> I wanna get some better headphones for the Pre, I'm assuming all the headsets that work with the iPhone 3G also work with the Pre, so right now I'm looking at these two:

Amazon.com: V-Moda Vibe II Earbud Headset with Microphone (Chrome and Rouge, iPhone Compatible): Electronics

Amazon.com: Rivet Stereo Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible): Electronics

Or:

Amazon.com: Maximo iP-HS2 iMetal Isolation Headset for iPhone (Black/Silver): Electronics

Does anybody have any experience with these?

I need them for running, but they also need to be noise isolating
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    For home i use full sized cans (Sennheiser HD580). When i'm on the go i use Shure E3c. They are a bit pricey, but they sound great! If you are on a budget then get those Vmodas.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I ordered the V-Moda Vibe Duo's from Amazon and returned them the next day. The build quality seemed especially cheap and the sound was way too bassy for my tastes. There was like no detail to the music. The mid's and high's were almost muted.

I went to Best Buy because I really needed some decent earphones and I got the Shure SE102MBA's. They weren't exactly cheap at 99.99 but the sound quality is amazing. They also have a built in microphone (which I haven't had a chance to test yet) and a click button to stop/start music and answer calls. I've owned the Shure E2C's for a very long time and loved them (even though I went through 5 pairs because of shoddy build quality). The Shure SE102MBA's are perfect for me.

However, I wouldn't necessarily recommend them for running. You're probably better off with some Sony fontopia buds for when you go running.

Hope that helps!
  4. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff80 View Post
    For home i use full sized cans (Sennheiser HD580). When i'm on the go i use Shure E3c. They are a bit pricey, but they sound great! If you are on a budget then get those Vmodas.
    Not helpfull, I don't need regular headphones, for that I already have the best headphones IN THE WORLD: the Klipsch X10

I need headphones that have a microphone and a button
    While I agree the Vmoda build quality is cheap in looks, they are decently durable. The thing is, Vmodas need about 10 hrs of break in time before they sound their best. I know this seems annoying but just plug them into a music source, turn it up to a comfortable level(kinda loud but not full) and take them off and just let music play through them for 10 hrs. When you put them on again you will notice a world of difference. I have both the Vmoda Vibes(not duo) and Shure se310(bought 210s, had problems, sent them in and got 310s back) and I much prefer the Vmoda for most of my music. They just produce a much fuller sound. They may be a bit bass heavy but it is better sometimes then the weak bass the 310s produce(not to say the Shures aren't amazing in their own right.) Anyhow, just throwing that break-in thing out there so people don't buy Vmodas and put them on and think "wow, I paid how much for this crap?"
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    Not helpfull, I don't need regular headphones, for that I already have the best headphones IN THE WORLD: the Klipsch X10

I need headphones that have a microphone and a button
    Sorry i misread ur post. Klipsch X10 are nice, but i prefer the Shure SE530 with a portable amp.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbootcrm View Post
    While I agree the Vmoda build quality is cheap in looks, they are decently durable. The thing is, Vmodas need about 10 hrs of break in time before they sound their best. I know this seems annoying but just plug them into a music source, turn it up to a comfortable level(kinda loud but not full) and take them off and just let music play through them for 10 hrs. When you put them on again you will notice a world of difference. I have both the Vmoda Vibes(not duo) and Shure se310(bought 210s, had problems, sent them in and got 310s back) and I much prefer the Vmoda for most of my music. They just produce a much fuller sound. They may be a bit bass heavy but it is better sometimes then the weak bass the 310s produce(not to say the Shures aren't amazing in their own right.) Anyhow, just throwing that break-in thing out there so people don't buy Vmodas and put them on and think "wow, I paid how much for this crap?"
    Yeah I know all about headphone break in. I did the same with my shure's. You really can't trust your initial reaction to a pair of quality earphones and I understand that. But with the vmoda vibe duos, I listened to them all day at work (around 8 hours) and the sound didn't get any better. Perhaps I've just gotten so used to the shure e2c's (which most say are lacking in bass) that I can't go to a pair of buds like the vibes.

I have a feeling that my experience is clearly not in the norm but I felt no excitement listening to music with the Vibes. Whereas, when I first put in my Shure SE102mba's a smile lit up my face and it was sonic bliss.
    With my Instinct I was using a Standalone Mic with button then my Bose's Plugged into them best of both worlds for me worked real well.

Sorta like this Stereo 3.5mm Headphone Adapter & Mic for Apple iPhone - eBay (item 350211490992 end time Jun-15-09 07:09:08 PDT)
    Shure SE530 with mic kit here. The best earbuds period.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by odditory View Post
    I should hope so at 500 bucks!
    I've been using my Jabra BT8010 headphones for quite awhile. Love them! You can play them as a single earpiece, or add a second earpiece for a stereo headset.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    cost more than I spent on the Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by odditory View Post
    You haven't used UE's have you? The SE530's though are quite good, I must say.

OP: Look at Super.fi 5vi's or 4vi's.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Well the best earphones in the world would be the ER•4 MicroPro™ Earphones. Etymotic Research, Inc. - ER-4 MicroPro Insert Earphones

The best "Headset" in the world for the Pre would be the hf2™ Headset + Earphones Etymotic Research, Inc. - hf2â„¢ Earphones

Do the research and you will see what I say is true
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Definitely need to know the best music headphones for classic rock 'n roll tunes?
    I have to agree with rc46, myself.

But headphones and audio in general is very subjective, and some think Etymotic has an overly analytical sound.
    Sennheiser Orpheus.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    se530's sound great - and the plug housing doesn't interfere with the slider function - yeah!
    I picked the LG HBS200 Hands-Free Stereo Bluetooth headphones up at my local Frys Electronics on a whim. I saw them on the shelf and they were LG and not some off brand for only $24.99. So I decided to try them out. Am I glad I made the purchase on a whim. These economical headphones are a breeze to pair with the Pre and music sounds excellent! They are lightweight and they have a very good range. CNET rated them 4 out of 5 Stars. I used to have the Motorola HT820 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones and they were really heavy and the range was terrible with them and they quit working after 2 weeks. When it comes to calls the headset is just average. For the price you can't go wrong
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    I use Motorola S9 stereo bluetooth headset. Snug fit for exercising. Built in mic so I can answer calls and speak while keeping the headset on. Volume and play controls on the side.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast