Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
  1. #21  
    I've got a pair of Shure's for my iPod, and although I can't really speak for phone-purposed headphones, Shure has great customer service. After almost 2 years of usage, one of my headphones would randomly lose volume or connection. With minimal hassle, I was able to exchange my old headphones for a brand-new set in package.
  2. enjoyingsilence
    enjoyingsilence's Avatar
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    You haven't used UE's have you? The SE530's though are quite good, I must say.

    OP: Look at Super.fi 5vi's or 4vi's.
    Personally I also use Shure's SE530 and have the mic kit. However, I've also used (for a very long time) Ultimate Ears Custom UE 11 Pro's buds. They're about 1200 bucks. For studio use, or live performances, they're superior to my SE530s, however too expensive to carry day to day. At 1200 bucks, if they break, you're SoL. Unless you've got cash to burn. I used them in the recording studio.

    If you shop around you can find Shure's buds cheaper than their list, with warranty, while being legit products. They have excellent support, and build quality (compared to a few years ago, where the wires would crack, since they were memory wire).

    If Harman International started making buds with Lexicon or Mark/Levinson technology, and somehow squeezed Logic 7 into them, I'd be the first one in line for that
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Well the best earphones in the world would be the ER•4 MicroPro™ Earphones. Etymotic Research, Inc. - ER-4 MicroPro Insert Earphones

    The best "Headset" in the world for the Pre would be the hf2™ Headset + Earphones Etymotic Research, Inc. - hf2â„¢ Earphones

    Do the research and you will see what I say is true
    I got the Klipsch ones (first ones that came out) and while very comfortable and great sounding, no controls.

    The HF2 headset can play/stop both the Pre's music player and Pandora. And double tap to forward. Also has a mic when a call comes in.

    Both sound great.
  4. GuinnessX's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #24  
    Has anyone tried the Sennheiser M200 bluetooth headset that Palm is selling on their site as an "official" Pre accessory?

    I'm a long-time user of Shure E5s with my mp3 players, but I might be willing to sacrifice a little quality for the controls and integration of the M200. Plus I won't have to cut a hole in my leather Pre belt holster...

    I'm just worried about the quality of a bluetooth device. I haven't had good luck with the others I have tried.
  5. #25  
    does anyone know if the nokia BH-503 works with the pre? looking to buying that one.

    thanks.
  6. #26  
    I picked up the Altec Lansing/Plantronics BackBeat 903 stereo bluetooth headphones/headset for $99 from a local Sprint store. I am very impressed with the sound quality and functionality. Being a Plantronics company, the headset functionality is superb. Even though the built-in mic is part of the left headphone, people that I have called have told me that it does not sound like I am speaking on a headset.



    You can be listening to (and controlling) your music on the Pre, while getting turn-by-turn directions and then take a call with the push of a button. They have up to 7 hours talk/listening time and up to 7 days standby time. They fit comfortably in your ear. Not too snug, but very secure and fully adjustable. For $99, I am very pleased. There is also a 906 model (not at the Sprint store) that includes a bluetooth module for devices that do not support A2DP.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    Personally I also use Shure's SE530 and have the mic kit. However, I've also used (for a very long time) Ultimate Ears Custom UE 11 Pro's buds. They're about 1200 bucks. For studio use, or live performances, they're superior to my SE530s, however too expensive to carry day to day. At 1200 bucks, if they break, you're SoL. Unless you've got cash to burn. I used them in the recording studio.

    If you shop around you can find Shure's buds cheaper than their list, with warranty, while being legit products. They have excellent support, and build quality (compared to a few years ago, where the wires would crack, since they were memory wire).

    If Harman International started making buds with Lexicon or Mark/Levinson technology, and somehow squeezed Logic 7 into them, I'd be the first one in line for that
    I carry around cheaper UE's (Super.fi 5's) for use with my mp3 player and the Pre if necessary. They sound great for the price.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by sethpcs View Post
    I picked up the Altec Lansing/Plantronics BackBeat 903 stereo bluetooth headphones/headset for $99 from a local Sprint store. I am very impressed with the sound quality and functionality. Being a Plantronics company, the headset functionality is superb. Even though the built-in mic is part of the left headphone, people that I have called have told me that it does not sound like I am speaking on a headset.



    You can be listening to (and controlling) your music on the Pre, while getting turn-by-turn directions and then take a call with the push of a button. They have up to 7 hours talk/listening time and up to 7 days standby time. They fit comfortably in your ear. Not too snug, but very secure and fully adjustable. For $99, I am very pleased. There is also a 906 model (not at the Sprint store) that includes a bluetooth module for devices that do not support A2DP.
    i was gonna buy this today but the lady there said it might not work with PANDORA... can you let me know if it does? thats where i get my music from.

    THANKS
  9. #29  
    it does work with Pandora...works like a charm. Perfect for walking the dog, working out at the gym, riding a bike...etc. A MUST have IMHO.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradishar View Post
    it does work with Pandora...works like a charm. Perfect for walking the dog, working out at the gym, riding a bike...etc. A MUST have IMHO.
    thank you thank you.... will be buying these tomorrow first thing.
  11. dohcrx's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #31  
    I use the Sleek Audio SA6, they have tunable bass and treble ports. About $190 online, totally modular. They are single driver so don't sound terrible without an amp.

    I used to use the treble ++ and bass + ports with my nano 3g but since the pre doesn't have an EQ it seemed a bit bass heavy. Switched to bass = and they are gorgeous once again. Since the earbuds separate from the cables they are able to accommodate a wireless upgrade and also cables with inline mic
  12. branded's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    You haven't used UE's have you? The SE530's though are quite good, I must say.

    OP: Look at Super.fi 5vi's or 4vi's.
    Been looking to buy super.fi 5 EB. Which do you use now? I was using a pair of super.fi 4, but the damn cord kept breaking (horrible horrible design). The super.fi 5 have interchangeable cords; so I don't think this'll be a problem.

    How's the EQ on this thing? Will it rock my socks off?


    Thanks,

    Matt
  13. sub150's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    #33  
    I use Bose QuietComfort 2's (over ear) and some Sennheiser CX300-B's (in ear) for work (mowing grass...). I like them both. The CX300's were 26 on amazon and have good bass, stay in my ear really well, and block out a decent amount of sound.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
  14. c_martini's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by chedda_chez View Post
    does anyone know if the nokia BH-503 works with the pre? looking to buying that one.

    thanks.
    This reply may well be too late in your case, but I have been using the Pre with the Nokia BH-503 bluetooth stereo headphones and they do work. Though sometimes I have problems with the volume control on the headphones not adjusting the volume on the pre correctly. This may be a bug in the Pre's implementation of the A2DP spec. I have also noticed the sound quality doesn't seem as good as when these phones are paired with my Nokia N95-8gb. However, the Nokia phone has far more sound configuration options, which could account for the difference in perceived sound quality.
  15. Arclight's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #35  
    No mic, however these are brand name noise-canceling earbuds for $13 shipped:

    Philips Active Noise Canceling Headphones, SHN2500 – Bagged - SHN2500-B - Buy.com
  16. #36  
    I just got the Shure I2c-m off ebay for 21 shipped. They sound great and seem heavy duty. Has a mic and all. Music is perfect and the calls sounds perfect...
  17. #37  
    V-Moda Vibe Duo for me.
  18. #38  
    I am lusting for the Bose On-ear headphones at Best Buy. Anyone using those?
  19. #39  
    Sennheiser makes premium earbuds that won't break the bank. Mine sound great with the Pre. You can check out the different models and prices on Amazon.
  20. #40  
    Are you still able to listen to a call with regular headphones and talk using the handset mic? I say still because when I plug in a set of headphones, it cuts off the mic and I'm wondering if it's a firmware thing.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions