1.    #1  
    I'm having problems with my Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset. I can pair the device, but can't figure out how to place a call. Any advice?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kosh56 View Post
    I'm having problems with my Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset. I can pair the device, but can't figure out how to place a call. Any advice?
    You can't do that, remember there is no Voice Dialing thru Pre yet !.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by equus View Post
    You can't do that, remember there is no Voice Dialing thru Pre yet !.
    WHAT?! Are you kidding me? How is this even acceptable any more?
    I'm not sure how I missed this one. Does nobody care about this feature?

I'm usually not so emotional about this kind of thing, but this is seriously unforgivable. I love the phone, but I might have to return it now.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    This is a must for me as well. Being on the road all the time. And the new laws in California. This is a must.
    Nope. Had it on other phones. Never used it.
    Yup - me too. Voice dial and voice command are very important. I do not understand how the PRE has removed features and not built upon them. How could they go backwards?
    I have not bought in to the PRE phone yet because:
    1. no voice command/dialing.
    2. no voice recorder
    3. no phone as modem
    4. no micro SD card expansion. I do my Sprite backups to the SD card which can be removed and installed in another phone (replacement phone).
    5. I also think it's quite difficult to take off the back cover to replace the battery.
    Backwards from what? Palm OS also did not do voice dialing, but there was a 3rd party solution, as there will likely be for the Pre before too long.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    This is a must for me as well. Being on the road all the time. And the new laws in California. This is a must.
    Exactly. My last 3 phones had this built in. My wife's FREE phone has this crying out loud. This should be standard. I just don't get it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Backwards from what? Palm OS also did not do voice dialing, but there was a 3rd party solution, as there will likely be for the Pre before too long.
    No offense intended here, but I couldn't care less about what Palm OS did. This is supposed to be a flagship phone on a cutting edge OS.

I believe in the power of 3rd party apps; I really do, but I'm getting tired of that being the solution/excuse for everything. There are some things this phone should support natively and this is one of them.

As much as I dislike it, I sometimes need to make calls when I am driving. Making a call on this phone requires me to pull the phone out, open the keyboard, and TRY TO FOCUS ON SMALL KEYS to dial.
    This same issue is what bothered me most about my Treo and although there was a third party app, you couldn't use it through bluetooth. I hope any third part fix isn't limited to wired headsets only.

Having said that, I love my Pre, and other than the clunky size, I loved my Treo 700P.
    I have the Treo 800w. I use the feature of pushing the button on my Bluetooth and saying CALL FRED SMITH ON MOBILE. Or I can say DIAL 123-456-7890. It works 95% of the time. It's great. It's easy. I've come to rely on it. I had my eye on this phone since January. I cannot believe they did not put it in. But until it gets that feature and the phone as modem - I'm not gonna get it. I would really love being able to use my finger to easily scroll web pages and emails but I think I don't want to give up the voice dialing yet.
    iPhone 3G S has that. Maybe it's better suited for you.
    iPhone 3G S has that. Maybe it's better suited for you.
    As well as many free phones on whatever carrier he's currently with. I don't think someone interested in a Pre is only interested in whether or not it has voice dial, there's a lot of cheaper options out there that don't require data plans.