Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    863 Global Posts
    I'll be honest, the only reason why i really bought the touchstone is for that battery cover, well I was disappointed that the touchstone did not come with the usb cable, so I have to use my current one and it doesn't charge when I plug it into my computer. I think I'm gonna return it once I exchange my Palm Pre for another since theres a lot of play in the slider.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I never bought the thing in the first place due to the seventy dollar price tag.

Keep in mind that you can buy the matte back cover separately.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    It is not supposed to. Plug USB cable from computer to phone with out Touchstone and it will charge. Must plug the Touchstone into the wall adapter and into the wall to charge.
    Global Posts
    863 Global Posts
    Well i feel like a dumbass..well back to best buy this goes lol.
    Yea they specifically said dont plug it into computer. i love the touchstone, that and the nice sprint lady gave me 25% off without the coupon. i never realized how much of a pita it was to find the wire and plug it into the phone till i got the touchstone
    My experience is charging off the computer works - but it is very slow. Fine for overnight charging but for quick charges, you are better off with the charger that came with the phone plugged directly into an outlet.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    The Precentral store is selling the Touchstone kit for $49.99 preorder, or just the Touchstone for $39.99; just in case anyone is interested!

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    I just took mine back last night.I never open the box from launch day at all just didnt see a need for it since everyone stated the phone charged slower.
    I just bought a second Touchstone! One for home, one for work!
    Verizon
    I just got the touchstone in the mail and I love it, but I need to find a few more chargers. I was hoping to keep this at work and use the regular charger at home but alas it doesn't come with it's own.
    i bought a touchstone at a Sprint store on launch day for 49.99 and then I bought the extended toucstone charge station from Palm.com for 59.99.
    i think i will keep it. just feel easier than open the side port.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I thought the touchstone was pointless at first. And honestly, it still kind of is. But it is just so damn cool, and me being my lazy self (as well as the charging door being so fickle), I love the thing. I'll never return it.

It was nice flashing my premier 'black card' and getting a 25% discount on it. But at the end of the day, I still spent over $50 for it.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    I got one and I am keeping it. It isn't nearly as slow as some people have characterized it, and the convenience coupled with the cool factor make it a definite win. Now I want a secind one for my office.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I bought one but I'm still on the fence. I was really expecting another AC adpater and cord to help justify the hefty price tag.

Haven't monitored the charging speed yet. The cool factor...Yes...it is, but really, it's not a whole lot different than all the dock that I've charged all my previous treos with.

Anyway...will probably keep it.
    I'm waiting for 3rd party knockoffs. It apparently only cost $5 to make.

In the meantime, I got a bunch of micro USB retractable cables off ebay for $6 each for all of my computers, car, etc.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook_em View Post
    I thought the touchstone was pointless at first. And honestly, it still kind of is. But it is just so damn cool, and me being my lazy self (as well as the charging door being so fickle), I love the thing. I'll never return it.

It was nice flashing my premier 'black card' and getting a 25% discount on it. But at the end of the day, I still spent over $50 for it.
    "black card", dang I have been a Premier Sprint customer for a long time and they never sent me a card. Yet when in the Sprint store it is not needed as my account is labeled as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    I'm waiting for 3rd party knockoffs. It apparently only cost $5 to make.

In the meantime, I got a bunch of micro USB retractable cables off ebay for $6 each for all of my computers, car, etc.
    Yeah, five dollars to make and they can't even include a .30 wire....dumb, dumb, dumb!

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twizardt View Post
    Yeah, five dollars to make and they can't even include a .30 wire....dumb, dumb, dumb!
    They don't include the cable because they want you to spend $20 for another micro usb cable from them, and it really does cost less than $5 dollars to make. This sounds and looks like apple all over again ..no micro sd slot, sell me the 8gb version now, then turn around and sell me the 16gb version for $100 more in a year type of stuff.
    Global Posts
    863 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nitussi View Post
    They don't include the cable because they want you to spend $20 for another micro usb cable from them, and it really does cost less than $5 dollars to make. This sounds and looks like apple all over again ..no micro sd slot, sell me the 8gb version now, then turn around and sell me the 16gb version for $100 more in a year type of stuff.
    Yea but this is the type of crap that makes me want to return it, I think it was like 76 dollars after tax pff I'm good.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast