Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Best option for having a Touchstone for both home and work is Palm's kit for $139.

Touchstone™ Dual Location Charging Kit - Palm Accessories
    I bought the touchstone kit on launch day with my Pre. I then ordered another on from Palms website along with the plug adapter. I keep one at home and one at the office. I think they work great. They charge the phone quickly.
    I will not be returning mine. I love the back, it is soooooo sweet (technology wise) and I love just placing the pre on it without having to open the fragile microUSB cover. Also, it seems weird, but I kinda think my battery life has increased since using it.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I mounted the touchstone in my car and I'm getting another for home. It works very well as a car mount/charger. I have a 4WD and it seems steady as can be. I'm thinking the less I have to open that flimsy USB cover the better.

So, no, I'm not planning on returning it.
    I have a touchstone at home and am thinking of buying three more, one for the car, one for my wife, and another for the office.
    I'm also waiting for a cheaper knockoff, $70 for a charger kit seems a bit steep to avoid opening a small door. It seems like a really cool concept and I think if I did have one, I'd really enjoy it!
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I just got the touchstone in the mail and I love it, but I need to find a few more chargers. I was hoping to keep this at work and use the regular charger at home but alas it doesn't come with it's own.
    If you have a Fry's electronics I would recommend checking them out to see if they have this charger:

http://store.precentral.net/palm-intl-travel-charger/5A17A4189.htm

I managed to find one for $9.99, being that I already have one touchstone, now all I need to do is order the touchstone by itself and I've saved a lot of money on a second touchstone!
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I never bought the thing in the first place due to the seventy dollar price tag.

Keep in mind that you can buy the matte back cover separately.
    You can get the touchstone on the internet for $49.99.
    i bought the touchstone at radio shack for $76 (the only one in west LA). I returned it over the weekend. didn't feel like spending another $10 for a usb cord. I may get it later from precentral. I think they offer it for $50 end of june
    Ok, two questions:

1. Does the screen really stay on the entire time the Pre is sitting on the touch stone? Or can you manually turn it off?

2. What happens if you buy a bigger battery? I think I am waiting on that big Seidio battery coming out (not the 1350) which comes with a bigger back cover, I guess that won't work with the Touchstone, will it?

And to the guy that said he mounted the Touchstone in his car.... I thought it only works with it plugged into a power outlet? I remember someone else complaining about that in another post!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Ok, two questions:

1. Does the screen really stay on the entire time the Pre is sitting on the touch stone? Or can you manually turn it off?

2. What happens if you buy a bigger battery? I think I am waiting on that big Seidio battery coming out (not the 1350) which comes with a bigger back cover, I guess that won't work with the Touchstone, will it?

And to the guy that said he mounted the Touchstone in his car.... I thought it only works with it plugged into a power outlet? I remember someone else complaining about that in another post!
    1. The screen turns black and you only see the current time and the unlock icon. Not sure if this can be changed or turned off. I've never tried.

2. A bigger battery wouldn't fit without a different cover and I've never seen a different cover. Not sure about this.

3. I believe the Touchstone will not work plugged into the car charger or your computer USB. I have an AC inverter in my vehicle which I use to plug the touchstone into.
    What do you guys mean it doesn't come with a cable? The cable to connect the touchstone to the wall?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    What do you guys mean it doesn't come with a cable? The cable to connect the touchstone to the wall?
    The touchstone just comes with the base unit and a new back plate for the Pre. It doesn't come with any power cord. You can use the USB cord and AC plug that came in the Pre box.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Ok, two questions:

2 - Palm may need to license the Touchstone compatible back before anyone else can make one. Seidio has not been forthcoming about their intentions there. That, I think, points to the 'hump' extended battery charging only while plugged in.
    The Precentral store is selling the Touchstone kit for $49.99 preorder, or just the Touchstone for $39.99; just in case anyone is interested!
    I have one and ordered a second one for my desk at work, but after learning that you can charge in the car, I was thinking would a car one be cool. Anyway, I'm not getting a third one, I'll just have to decide which one I'll use for travel.
    Hey, a new Cadillac CTS costs about $4900 to build, but people pay $50000 for it!!!
    I just plugged mine in and it is charging pretty fast... Faster than just USB charging and a tad slower than direct outlet charging..

And I was just joshing about the CTS.. But I'm sure you all get the point.. It costs $5200
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    The Touchstone is basically the technology prostitute of the work-office. Everyone wants to take a peek, some folks want a quick touch, others think it's shameful to pay such a price and some folks fondle it when the Po-Po (me) is not around.

Yea - just like a Prostitute and I'm the Pre's PIMP!
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    ...3. I believe the Touchstone will not work plugged into the car charger or your computer USB. I have an AC inverter in my vehicle which I use to plug the touchstone into.
    The Touchstone works just fine using the Palm car charger. It is a nice setup!
    I'm getting one to charge it over night. But the Pre won't turn off when it's on there?? Hopefully that's fixed soon.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I just bought a second Touchstone! One for home, one for work!
    Yep, me too. One at the office, one at the house. Leave it here in front of me when at work, keeping it topped off. Just buying the backs for the missus and daughter when they ditch their Centro and In-stink.

My 755 just sits in the corner at home and blinks its little lite like a beacon in the nite. Makes me think of the whistle at the end of Titanic.

bj
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast