Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    I'll add that the Sprint Micro USB Car Charger Plus (extra usb port) does not work with the Touchstone either. The cords fits the touchstone, but the unit plugged in doesn't keep a charge.

Pic and info:
    Amazon.com: Sprint Micro-USB vehicle power charger PLUS: Cell Phones & Accessories: Reviews, Prices & more

Such a shame too, because it charged my Tom Tom GPS perfectly!
    Quote Originally Posted by rburna View Post
    AT&T branded micro usb car charger works with the TS. i believe its 750mA and has a swivel cover where an additional USB device can plug in too. I'll confirm mA later.

EDIT: No volt or mA indications on the box or the device. Seeing how it charges a bit slower than when its connected to the wall directly, I'm guessing current is around my previous assumption.
    Not sure if reading your post if it works. Enlighten us, please. If it does work, can you get it in-store, online, or both?

Edit: Is this it?
    http://www.amazon.com/AT-Micro-USB-C...bosnation0e-20
    Bump!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Thought I'd revive this thread since I found what claims to be a 1500ma CLA:

MERITLINE.COM - USB Car Charger 1500mA for High Power Consumption Smart Phone,GPS,iPhone,PSP... - Meritline.com

I've already ordered one. I'll probably have to short pins, and the 1500ma rating is probably an outright lie, but I'll let you know. If it doesn't work, I'll probably be going with an inverter/wall charger solution. Don't like the inelegance of going DC to AC to DC, but if that's what it takes...
    As a follow up to this post, I did have to short the pins, and it still did not work. I heard a slight humming noise from the TS when I plugged it in, so I was initially hopeful, but placing my Pixi on it produced zero results. At least it did not fry my TS. It still worked when plugged into a wall charger.

I'm going to get a cheap DC to AC inverter off eBay and be done with this. You can find 75W inverters for around $8-$12 shipped, which is less than what some of these DC to DC adapters cost.
  5. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    The Verizon branded vehicle charger that came with my Pre+ got in June of this year works in the car with the Touchstone.
    I bought my son two DSi USB chargers from Gamestop. Both turned out to output 1amp, and should work fine with the touchstone. $9 each.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  7. rs1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    The Huawei charger that came with my Three UK MiFi works (5V, 1A) but the microUSB cable doesn't fit the Touchstone. I'm using the original Palm USB cable with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburna View Post
    AT&T branded micro usb car charger works with the TS. i believe its 750mA and has a swivel cover where an additional USB device can plug in too. I'll confirm mA later.

EDIT: No volt or mA indications on the box or the device. Seeing how it charges a bit slower than when its connected to the wall directly, I'm guessing current is around my previous assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Not sure if reading your post if it works. Enlighten us, please. If it does work, can you get it in-store, online, or both?

Edit: Is this it?
    Amazon.com: AT&T Micro-USB Car Charger with USB Port - AT&T Original Accessory: Electronics
    Bump!
    Bump!
    Bump!
    Has anyone used the AT&T charger?
  12. SashoDikov
    Hello, these two babies work with TS :

http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/I...ItemID=TS-PA2A
    http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/I...ItemID=TS-PA2M

Transcend TS-PA2A/TS-PA2M USB Power Adapters are rated 1A and work exactly the same as my the charger that came in my original package and i have a warm feeling they will work with the TS as well. My TSs (I ordered 3 ) are coming in couple of days, so i will report how's the situation with them as well. They have a 2 yr worldwide warranty but I doubt anyone will bother sending a device in the $10 market for repair.

I say as well as the charger since I'm in Bulgaria /Eastern Europe/ and i use an el cheapo converter to our two pin standard. In Govnah i get a stable 716mA charging current with screen off (less with screen on) from both. I know the TS requires 1A so fingers crossed this is just Govnah reading wrong or the phone not pulling hard enough. I'll report back in a copule of days.
    Last edited by SashoDikov; 01/04/2011 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Has anyone used the AT&T charger?
    Bueller?
    I bought a Bracketron Car adapter rated 5V, 700 mA and it doesn't work with the TS. It will charge via the USB port on the phone.
    I have given up on finding a DC-DC adapter for the car that works reliably with the TouchStone and have purchased 75 Watt DC-AC inverter from eBay for $10. It's coming from China so it will probably take a month to get here, but I expect it will do the job. The output voltage is European at 220V 50Hz, but the Palm charger is multi-voltage and will handle it just fine. I just hope the inverter has a decent lifespan and that it doesn't make too much noise.
    I have a DC-DC converter for sale on Ebay that I never used. Based on earlier posts in this thread it should work nicely with the TS.

Mean Well switching Power Supply S-15-5 - REDUCED!!!! - eBay (item 130399289596 end time Feb-04-11 19:32:27 PST)
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    My touchstone got delivered today, but sadly it doesn't work with my Yiboyuan Pre/Treo charger (i.e. no charging notification at all).

Could someone try their Touchstone on a Wii and/or Apple wall charger (image) and let me know if it works?

Both the Wii and Apple charger charge my Pre successfully, and since I'm in Australia I want to know if I have a defective Touchstone before I order another charger.

Thanks so much
    Last edited by sm07; 01/11/2011 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by beh View Post
    The Verizon branded vehicle charger that came with my Pre+ got in June of this year works in the car with the Touchstone.
    Is this the charger that has the additional USB port? I got the $9.99 deal (although it had gone up to $15) with a touchstone, this Verizon branded car charger, and a case. The charger works great with the touchstone.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

19. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    Yes, the one with the additional USB port is the one I have that works.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    There are a few of the Verizon chargers. Could you perhaps post a picture of yours?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast