1.    #1  
    Even though they are rated at 1 amp it looks like the Pre is only getting .5 amps from it. It takes 2 minutes for a 1% gain compared to 1 minute for a 1% gain with the Palm AC charger.

This would explain why both don't work with the Touchstone.

I would steer clear of these if you are looking for a fast charge on the Pre or if you need a power source for your Touchstone.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Even though they are rated at 1 amp it looks like the Pre is only getting .5 amps from it. It takes 2 minutes for a 1% gain compared to 1 minute for a 1% gain with the Palm AC charger.

This would explain why both don't work with the Touchstone.

I would steer clear of these if you are looking for a fast charge on the Pre or if you need a power source for your Touchstone.
    Did you test the draw or time the gain only?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Did you test the draw or time the gain only?
    I don't have the equipment here to test the draw, but from how slow it was charging I would bet it was only pulling .5 amps from it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Not a very accurate method or an accurate test.

At the very least, I would increase the time period (to an extended amount of time).

For example, the first time it could have been at 57.8 percent and the second could have been at 57.1 when charging to 58%
    Maybe if I have an old USB extension I don't mind butchering, I will run a current draw test.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Not a very accurate method or an accurate test.

At the very least, I would increase the time period (to an extended amount of time).

For example, the first time it could have been at 57.8 percent and the second could have been at 57.1 when charging to 58%
    Here are my results...

18% @ 12:33
    28% @ 12:53
    40% @ 01:13
    46% @ 01:23
    Darn...I have 4 cords, 2 wall USB charges & 2 car USB chargers on the way! I'm using the Palm charger @ the office. Oh well...at least it chargers!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Here are my results...

18% @ 12:33
    28% @ 12:53
    40% @ 01:13
    46% @ 01:23
    I'm assuming that is with the monoprice charger.

Now you would need to do a similar test with the Palm charger and compare charge times.