1.    #1  
    Hello, I got a Touchstone yesterday and cannot get it to charge the Pre. I can't get the Pre to recognize it. I swapped the back of the Pre w/ the Touchstone back, but I get nothing. The Pre does get warm/hot when on the Touchstone, but that's all I get. I ran the interactive test on the Pre, but that didn't do anything. Anyone else have this problem, or have any suggestions? Thanks.
    Does it make a 'dinging' sound when you attach it to the Touchstone? It should.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
  3.    #3  
    nope, I get no indication that it "sees" the Touchstone.
    Have you used the same cable to charge directly via usb?
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Mine didn't work at first. either. I rebooted (battery pull) Pre and it started to work.
    Lets start simple, are you using the wall plug or connecting it to a computer? It won't charge connected to a computer if that's what your doing.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone, to answer a few....I use the same cable to charge directly with no problem and I am using the AC adaptr with the Tstone not the computer. I will try rebooting when I get home, otherwise it's going back to Sprint.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    The first time I used my Touchstone, it seemed as if nothing was happening at first. But after the Pre sat on the Touchstone for a while, it suddenly came to life. Since then, the connection is pretty much immediate.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    make sure you have the Back cover snapped into place all the way, because it uses 4 contacts on the inside of cover. If it is not snapped correctly you will not get charge.
  10.    #10  
    Just a followup, it turns out the TS really was not working. I went back to the Sprint store and tried my phone on a different TS and everything was fine, exchanged the TS for a new and I love it.