Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    Just got, and installed, my Invisible Shield.
    It looks bad right now 'cause it hasn't cured up, but I had the same issue with my previous phone (iPhone) and it looked great after a day or two.

Installation went smoothly, everything's on pretty straight and even the corners line up.

One small piece of advice:
    When you install it, open the USB port.
    I installed mine and it started setting before I realized it was just SLIGHTlY over the edge.. not even a measurable about, but enough that when I tried to open the usb cover it pulled up a little of the shield.

Another hint, which is not in the instructions, but is on a install video on Youtube.
    After you lay the film down, spray it with the solution before you squeegee it out.. will help the squeegee glide better.

What I then did was press it back in to place and then put the USB cover back in on top of that.. this way it'll help pin it down until it dries.

After it cures up I'll send some pics, to embarrased to send them now.

** Try #2 ** (updated 7/2/2009)
    Well, I finally got around to trying it again and this time it came out PERFECT.
    I used a ton of the spray, had to reapply it a few times and used the spray on top of the shield to help the squeegee glide.

There are no bubbles or anything this time.
    I was sweatin' it for a minute there during the application though.
    Last edited by showson1; 07/01/2009 at 11:43 PM.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    post some pics now
    My pre shield didn't umm come out too well. It was my first shield. I was under the impression it was scratch resistant. My bottle cap told it otherwise. It passed the key test thoe. I cured it a little quicker by leaving it in my car. Its just like Car Tint, except for stronger heh.

Its a ok job. I found some of the cornors wern't covered entirely even with the full body protection. Oh well. Least its protected. I may re-order one and try again.

PS. Bestbuy is selling them.

I tell you what, the youtube video makes putting the sheild soo easy, I had a hell of a hard time. Mabye im just retarted..
    I installed mine last night, had a few problems but it seems to be getting better. The two bubbles on the screen appear to be going away.

Same here on the USB port, and I corrected it pretty quick. What I wasn't able to correct was on the opposite side with the volume buttons, all along the phone it's slightly over the edge. If I feel brave enough one night I'll break out the Exacto knife and try to trim it vveeeeerrrryyyyyy carefully...

Update Day 2: The two bubbles on the screen (seen in pics below) are disappearing.
    Last edited by WoodWulf; 06/14/2009 at 06:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    I installed mine last night, had a few problems but it seems to be getting better. The two bubbles on the screen appear to be going away.

Same here on the USB port, and I corrected it pretty quick. What I wasn't able to correct was on the opposite side with the volume buttons, all along the phone it's slightly over the edge. If I feel brave enough one night I'll break out the Exacto knife and try to trim it vveeeeerrrryyyyyy carefully...
    Haha, I broke my knife out to the sides withen 15minutes lol. Im tooo picky. I managed to cut some of the excess off heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Haha, I broke my knife out to the sides withen 15minutes lol. Im tooo picky. I managed to cut some of the excess off heh.
    Good to know I wasn't the only one who messed that up

Here's some pics... (sorry, no macro lens)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have one on my Instinct (easy as could be), and one on my wifes BB curve. The full coverage on the BB was hell to install and the corners didn't last. I put it on with the BB straight out of the box, washed my hands to remove oils first. Everything lined up but I don't think it likes being curved. At least the screen is protected still.
    I'll pay the folks at the Kiosk. I don't trust myself.
    How Hard are they to get off?

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    let me know how responsive the screen is... i just got mines today but i want to make sure everything works ok before i put mines on... thanks guys.
    Mine still hasn't showed up, what kind of shipping did you guys get?
    response is good... i couldn't really tell if there was a difference from before.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    I'll pay the folks at the Kiosk. I don't trust myself.
    What kiosk? I'd gladly pay a minor amount to have it installed.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    post some pics now
    Uhh.. no.
    they are a pain to get on. make sure your finger stays wet or you will get finger prints that are hard to get rid of.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ninerd View Post
    let me know how responsive the screen is...
    I'm too chicken to put the battery back in, the instructions suggest waiting 12-24 hours.
    I'm gonna' be home the rest of the night, so I'll probably wait until tomorrow just to be 100% safe.

Anyway, on my last phone it didn't change the response at all, just as responsive before and after the install.

If most of these bubbles don't work themselves out I'm going to rip it off and just get a plain old screen protector.. MUCH easier to put on without bubbles.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I put mine on yesterday and not a moment too soon I put the phone in the pocket with my keys and the shield had a scratch that I was able to rub out and I dropped it twice before getting the shield (no damage to the phone fortunately). Funny the screen seems to be more responsive since I put the shield on or maybe its all in my head, gesture area works fine and all.

Keep your fingers wet with the spray solution when applying it I lined it up with the cut outs and smooth it out working from the center first. Not one single air bubble from the moment I applied it. The edges for me took a little time to stick I had to let it dry out some and then come back and smooth out the edges.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    What kiosk? I'd gladly pay a minor amount to have it installed.
    Yeah seriously, Where is this kiosk?
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    the shield also makes it a lot easier to slide open.
  20.    #20  
    Another hint, that I just added to the original post, after you lay the film down spray it with the solution.. it will help the squeegee glide better.

I'm going away on business for a week so if the bubbles don't work themselves out by the time I get back I'm gonna' order the front and re-install it.

I have a bubble on the back too, but don't really care about that.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast