Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fugm View Post
    it will make it easier to slide, glide, and ride.
    Slide, glide, and ride. Preach it brother.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I just took my ivisible shield off. There were definitely scratches on the adhesive side of the shield. My phone looks 100 times better without it. Even a couple real scratches wouldn't look as bad as it looked with the shield. I did leave the back on. It looks like an orange but it makes it easier to hold with it sliding out of my hand. My screen is going bare!!!!
    Got my Invisible Shield installed at the mall. I didn't dare mess with it after I saw it meant handling wet plastic. Looks great, no pixel issues. Pics are from my Centro. Does have the orange peel effect but it doesn't bother me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mine looks horrible. Had it installed at Best Buy. Lady said it takes 1-3 days for all bubbles to disappear. I don't buy it but we'll see. Certainly doesn't look at nice as realistdreamer's!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Mine looks horrible. Had it installed at Best Buy.
    Bunk! Go back and make'em install another one. They re-did mine three times and my brother's twice.

We're both happy with the end results.
    Check out my IS install below and some tips as well.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1681986

/edit: there's something wrong with the forum software here, it keeps adding a bogus http:// URL into my link...

Just remove the http://forums.precentral.net/!186204! that appears.
    Mine looks horrible. Had it installed at Best Buy. Lady said it takes 1-3 days for all bubbles to disappear. I don't buy it but we'll see. Certainly doesn't look at nice as realistdreamer's!
    Goto to Zagg's site. They have a list of retail locations with ZAGG "employees" that do this for a "living." Wouldn't trust the "geek squad." No offense to any official geek squadders.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    just installed mine..I got a pretty good install being my third time now. Not sure if I like it on the Pre though. The sides don't connect and I don't like how when I hold my Pre my thumb and fingers sit right where there is no shield and I can feel the edges. Another thing I don't like is the vibrate switch. It was already hard enough to toggle and the edges now make it ever harder.

I have a feeling this may be getting shipped back for a refund. Keys are the main reason for an IS and I rarely have one in my pocket anymore.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Installed the IS on a mint Pre. I now also have a stuck subpixel, or at least, it seems that way. If I rotate the screen slowly, the "stuck" subpixel changes from red, to green, to blue. I've zoomed in really far, and while the entire pixel isn't stuck, it's definitely a sub-pixel element, or so it seems.

I'm wondering if the pressure applied to the device while installing and squeegiing the screen may be excessive, and causing screen failures. So far, because it's only a sub-pixel, it's not bothering me terribly. If it continues to bother me, I may have the device replaced.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I went onto the ZAGG website and it listed the local microcenter as a ZAGG invisible shield reseller. Does this mean they will have someone that can professionally install a cover for my pre?
    Here's a shot of the stuck pixel - took this with my 50D and a 60mm macro lens - I had to do some levels adjust in order to make it visible. Clearly, it's a stuck green pixel. I'm going to have to stick to my theory on screen pressure.

Here are pics of my Palm Pre with Invisible Shield installed, 18 hours on. It isn't the perfect install and perhaps the imperfections will work themselves out after about 4 days, but I have no stuck pixels and now have little fear that my Pre's screen will be scratched.

Sorry for the crappy pics but all I had to take them was my web cam.
    I know there is a curing time, but as of now, I REALLY hate the way this feels on the phone. It doesn't feel as smooth at all and I'm thinking that since I keep this in my case ANYWAY, I most likely don't need it.
    Can people at Best Buy install an IS from sites other than Zagg.com? I ordered a Phantom Skinz one.
    lol I just took mine off. It was god-awful how it was installed after seeing these pics. I'd be better off trying it myself! I have an extra Zagg here so I may try it and if it works see if Best Buy will refund me for this one. Those large bubbles weren't going ANYWHERE.
    I know there is a curing time, but as of now, I REALLY hate the way this feels on the phone. It doesn't feel as smooth at all and I'm thinking that since I keep this in my case ANYWAY, I most likely don't need it.
    I kind of like the fact that I don't have to wipe it down everytime I touch the screen. Its far less of a finger print magnet.
    You guys should try the phantom skinz.. i have it on my wifes and it's pretty nice.. at night i can't tell it's on, and during the day it is barely noticeable. it's got a great feel to it as well.
    I'm going to install the extra one tomorrow night. I saw a YT video from Zagg for the Pre and I think I can manage this myself. BB was horrible.
    I'm going to install the extra one tomorrow night. I saw a YT video from Zagg for the Pre and I think I can manage this myself. BB was horrible.
    Yeah I didn't find it that difficult, although I did have to put it on twice. I'm pretty happy with the result.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Anyone know if this is all Best Buys?
    BB in South Austin wants $8 for front and $13 to apply protector to both sides...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast