Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Eat two apples then half an orange. That will cure any cancer caused by and Sprint device.

Your welcome.
    I wish I was as lucky as you guys. I've called them trying to get this three times now over a period of time. Twice I got some ****** named Jason. Apparently since I have a spending limit for being a new customer, I can't get one and I have to pay $100 unlike all of you. And them some other guy gave me some spiel about it only being for business people or whatever and how eveeeeeeeeeeeerybody's house is a dead spot where they have to stand in one special corner to get one bar of service and no one guarantees service in your home because your wiring could be fubar or you've got a device operating on a bad frequency. That was this past weekend, after having to be transferred from Customer Service to one Tiffany in Tech Support to another Tiffany after I requested to be transferred from the previous Tiffany rather than attempt strangling her over the phone due to her complete rudeness, incompetence, and disregard for what I was telling her to Jason in the Airave Department back to Tech Support then back to the Airave guy who was not Jason and who actually worked in Retentions where I got the aforementioned spiel for my trouble along with a Samsung Moment, which I will be sending back tomorrow because it's damned near a feature phone. JFC, I've never had such terrible customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    You know... Even if I wanted to do a run around with again and them trying to avoid giving me this for free I'd rather not have a device that eats up my internet bandwidth as well as gives me cancer...

Expecting a flame since I'm the minority so... Flame suit on.
    What you wrote doesn't make any sense to me.

"Even if I wanted to do a run around with again…" What does that mean?

The whole point of my original post was that Sprint, faced with the fact that they were giving this device and the monthly cost to others for free, would turn around and do the same for YOU! especially if you were on month to month and threatened to leave.

I think that works for other "perks" as well, btw.

As far as bandwidth, I don't know how small yours is, but mine is obviously bigger.

I can't see why you'd think that the Airave unit would be any more likely to cause cancer than your network router. I'd like to see the studies.

You certainly have the right to your opinion.

GeneL
    thanks for the update about getting this device. I was totally unaware that Sprint had something that could work through my current high speed fiber at home. Has anybody had any issues with interference on other wireless devices? 802.11 spectrum or home wireless phones (not mobile cell phones)?
    Is this thing 3G/4G etc? My Sprint Broadband card 2-year contract ends this August...
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Is this thing 3G/4G etc? My Sprint Broadband card 2-year contract ends this August...
    Nope. Not yet. But it is CDMA voice, and so long as you have wifi where you're using it, your Pre can use that for data. Of course, if you have a Pixi, or something else without wifi...

The whole game will probably change by August or at latest November, as Sprint rolls out a whole raft of 3g/4g gear, including a new AirRave for the holiday shopping season. With a lot of luck, maybe even a new 3g/4g Palm!
    da1Bear

Click to see my Virtual Business card

Palm Pre on Sprint
    Just to make it clear, the Airave unit allows your cellphone to work as VOIP using your network connection.

After using my Airave unit for months, I discovered that I was having a problem with my Airave.

Even though my Centro showed the highest signal strength possible and I could hear the person on the other end perfectly, I kept getting complaints that what I was saying came across garbled.

I finally called tech support today and was referred to a department that specifically handles Airave tech support. Their number is 866-556-7310.

It turned out that the person assisting me used Logmein to take over my MacPro. This was my first experience with Logmein and it was really interesting to watch as he went through a number of steps to enhance my network settings. Very strange to see windows opening and closing and the mouse pointer whizzing around, as if by magic.

I'm happy to say that since then, everything is working perfectly!

I hope this information is helpful.

GeneL
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    My coverage is crappy as hell in my apartment, and so I called and told customer care my issue and that I was planning on canceling, and she immediatly offered me an airave completly free of charge (no monthly fees or unit cost). This makes me happy.

Looking back on it though, I already have the "Roam only" patch installed. Since I get free roaming, and cell coverage when forcing roaming is great, what's the point in this device?

Oh well. Free is free?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    My coverage is crappy as hell in my apartment, and so I called and told customer care my issue and that I was planning on canceling, and she immediatly offered me an airave completly free of charge (no monthly fees or unit cost). This makes me happy.

Looking back on it though, I already have the "Roam only" patch installed. Since I get free roaming, and cell coverage when forcing roaming is great, what's the point in this device?

Oh well. Free is free?
    it will prevent you from using tons of roaming minutes, which Sprint frowns on. If you use a majority of roaming minutes, they can, and have, canceled contracts for what they term 'abuse'
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post

Oh well. Free is free?
    I think you are missing the purpose of the Airave. When you don't have a decent over the air signal strength where you live, using an Airave device basically gives you a full strength signal by networking your phone over the internet. You are then able to make and receive calls at home at no extra charge and no "roaming" required.

This sounds like a better solution, but, as I always say, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

GeneL
    s-u-c-c-e-s-s that is how you spell success.

So I called sprint and asked to be transfered to the cancellation department and was immediately transferred. I stated my sob story of just adding my fiance to my plan and we are moving to a new location that has no reception. I was put on hold and the representative came back and said we can ship you the airave and waive the service fee, the only thing I'd have to pay for is the tax on the unit itself... which is like a buck. Thanks for the heads up everybody, and good luck to those in the future who'll read this post.
    Just bumping this thread to let you know that this STILL works! I honestly do have horrible reception in my house and called today to let my voice be heard. 10 minutes later i was told my airave was on its way! thanks to all the helpful people here at PC that made this possible!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I just wanted to add that Sprint did try to charge me a $40 activation fee for the Airave. I simply did a live-chat option with a Sprint rep and mentioned that the AR was supposed to be entirely free. He agreed and removed the charge from my bill.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with Sprint customer service this morning, and should have my Airrave on Friday, $99 fee waived, $4.99 monthly fee waived for 2 years.

I didn't even ask for retentions, nor did I threaten to cancel. I just called and said I have a signal problem in my house and have had it for quite some time. I said I know they have a product called the Airrave that should solve my problem. I then said that while I am willing to pay something for this product, I don't feel it's appropriate to expect me to pay $100 for something that essentially compensates for an inadequacy in their network.

I had to repeat myself several times, because my signal was so bad that the rep could barely understand what I was saying. :-)

That was all it took. The rep said he'd check on it and see if he could get me a discount, then transferred me to another rep who set it up (and while I was talking to him the call dropped due to lost signal.. good timing! He had to call me back on my land line). Both were very polite, helpful and professional. A 3rd person, introduced as a supervisor, came on the line afterward to check to see if I was satisfied that my problem had been resolved.

I have to say, I give Sprint an A+ for their excellent customer service effort today!
    My airave line has been eligible for a 150$ credit for months now. I'm waiting for the 3G version and I'm going to call and grab on of those babies.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Terrible coverage in my room and at my computer. Never bothered because I dont really call out until recently. The thing you get that sucks money amongst other things.
    Anyway, called them. They claim in in good-great service. I told them its not. I checked the same map but in real world situation, im getting terrible 1-2bars. While calling them I get dropped 3-4times. I guess that was more effective. Oh rep wanted to charge me for the unit plus monthly. I just stated that hell no. I got 9months left on this contract. Im more than willing to wait this out and cancel. That was that. A free unit and no monthly charge. I spoke to two reps. One to get the clue and another to set it up. 3 if you count the first one where I neglected to tell him that i might be disconnected and to call me back on the same line. I dont use a landline.

When resetting the airvana, sometimes it takes forever to get mobile initializing again.
    Well I called in tonight because after 4 months of having mediocre to terrible coverage (and not being able to make a phone call yesterday because I had zero bars) I called into Sprint to explain the issue with our cellular signal. I explained all of this to the first customer service lady on the phone. Without me saying a word she mentioned the Airave and that they should be able to set me up with one. She said she had to transfer me to a technical support department that handles them in order to see about availability and stuff.

So I got transferred to another lady (not rude but definitely not the most amenable) who, after I explained my issue and that the other lady mentioned getting the Airave, told me they are out of stock with Airaves until April of 2011. She setup a ticket to have a network engineer look at the tower(s) in my area and said I would get a call back within the next few days.

Definitely disappointed as I was hoping to get the Airave and finally be rid of my problem. However, if the network engineers can actually do something and help out our signal, I'm just as fine with that. We'll see...
    RoyFripple,

I'd call them again; I just sent in my first Airave that supposedly didn't work, but it probably did because the second one didn't either until they got me to the right tech support team (and they agreed the first one probably worked). Tell them you know a good unit was just returned from MN and you want it. Who knows?--might work. It's usually who you get on the line, anyway.

BTW: I am about to post my ordeal with this on the airave sticky thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    RoyFripple,

I'd call them again; I just sent in my first Airave that supposedly didn't work, but it probably did because the second one didn't either until they got me to the right tech support team (and they agreed the first one probably worked). Tell them you know a good unit was just returned from MN and you want it. Who knows?--might work. It's usually who you get on the line, anyway.

BTW: I am about to post my ordeal with this on the airave sticky thread.
    Okay, thanks a bunch! I'll call in and if I get that reason again I'll say I know that other people are receiving units. It can't hurt to try. Thanks for the help!
    Roy,

Check your private messages....
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast