Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I tried last week, and talked to a couple different people. They all said no more free airaves, well I thought I would try retentions yesterday. Well after 5 minutes and for being such a loyal customer for 10 years I will have my airave within 3-5 days for no charge.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I tried about a month ago and was turned down by customer service. I just tried the "cancel people" and was given it in less than 3 sentences.

I dont get service in my home.
    I was told by my sprint store that you might offer me an Airrave to help.

Free airave and 2 years of service at no charge.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quick question for those of you who received the free airrave...

Did you have to make any alterations to your plan? Any of you on EPRP?

I constantly roam or get 1 bar in my house, this would be a great help for me.
  4. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    my airave arrives tomorrow!!!...I will be sure to post a review...I'm so psyched!!
    was on the phone with sprint (customer service, then retentions, escalation management, and then technical support) i accidentally hung up after an hour (mostly on hold) the best they could do was $50 for airave and to waive 6mos.of the service, didnt take the offer. trying again tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    Quick question for those of you who received the free airrave...

Did you have to make any alterations to your plan? Any of you on EPRP?

I constantly roam or get 1 bar in my house, this would be a great help for me.
    Didn't have to make any changes in my plan - works great with my pre not so great with my wife's older LG.
    Airave came on Tuesday. I had a small issue with it not getting service (flashing red service light). The Airave rep while polite said that it might take 4 hours(?) and then she would talk to the engineers. She went through everything except power cycling the thing, which I had to recommend. 20 minutes later the gps locked and all was well. The unit works as advertised, I can maintain a call in my basement for the first time ever. Also, the Pre and TP don't drain out their batteries while flipping back and forth from Sprint to Verizon. Since at&t's service at our home is worse than Sprints and they haven't rolled out their femtocell yet (and considering their past policy probably won't be giving them away period), my wife will stop jonesing for a iPhone. Giving us this unit free of charge went a long way to keeping us as a customer for a long time. Good move Sprint!!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    so got it today and like a kid on christmas morning i ripped the box opened and starting plugging things in. after about an hour of it setting itself up i made a call. it was amazing, 5 bars, perfect sound, no dropping calls, no need to check if service was fading. i know this is what i "should" expect from my phone but no one gets it in the real world. match this with my super fast fios wifi, and the pre and i am the happiest cell phone owner ever. this is for my phone what HD did for my tv
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Moved to a new apartment where the Sprint reception is terrible. Constantly dropping calls. Called yesterday in hopes for a Airave, but they didn't budge. Called today and without much trouble received the offer of a FREE Airave/service and I would receive it in 3-5 days. I suppose I can stay with Sprint for a little while longer.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    My dad actually call costumer service today and just said how my house is in a dead spot and he got a free one within minutes without any problems
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    I'm on the phone with Sprint as I'm typing this. I have to pay $0.99 (yes...99 cents) for my 'initial' charge and the guy is waving my monthly fee. I can't wait until I get it.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    i called i should have mine in a few days
    i also had to pay $1.00 but they are going to give it back to me.. hell i don't care i was about to pay $100 for it
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I tried last night, they sent my phone an update....blah...going to try again tonight saying it didnt work...
    I have to put in my experience with getting the Airave. I signed a new contract with sprint earlier this month, I switched from the iPhone due to the terrible service. Well sprint has been great except for the service in my apartment. I called and said hey I'm within the 30 days so I can just cancel with no ETF, what can you do for me? Next question was "do you have high speed internet?" He is now overnighting the thing at the cost of $0.99 plus the monthly charge is being waved. (first post by the way, thanks to all for the great advice).
    Last edited by danipoak; 02/22/2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: .
    Glad it worked for you, danipoak, and welcome to the forum.
    Last week I called the number mentioned in post #23 and after being put on hold a few times (I think the rep was still new), they are sending me an Airave for just 99 cents! No free monthly service though, but that still saves me $99, so I took it. UPS tracking says it should be arriving tomorrow, so I can't wait!

Finally, no more having to text next to the window! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by hmm252000 View Post
    Last week I called the number mentioned in post #23 and after being put on hold a few times (I think the rep was still new), they are sending me an Airave for just 99 cents! No free monthly service though, but that still saves me $99, so I took it. UPS tracking says it should be arriving tomorrow, so I can't wait!

Finally, no more having to text next to the window! LOL
    I would call in again and point out that you've been told by a lot of your friends with Sprint service that they are not being charged a monthly fee for the Airave because, like you, they wouldn't have usable signal at home without it. If the rep isn't cooperative, hang up, call back and ask for a supervisor.

Please, don't give up on getting the monthly service charge dropped.

GeneL
    Just joined the forum to say thanks. I called sprint tonight and talked to a lady about cancelling my line, and she asked me if I heard about the airave and that it is 100.00, but she would credit me 70.00 each for my other lines if I signed up for 2 year contracts on each, but I would still have to pay for the airave. I said NO.

She then transferred me to a nice guy named James who pretty much called her stupid for trying to make me pay 100.00. He said he would give me a free airave, free service, and a 10.00 a month credit for 2 years.

Thank you very much guys for your tips!
    You know... Even if I wanted to do a run around with again and them trying to avoid giving me this for free I'd rather not have a device that eats up my internet bandwidth as well as gives me cancer...

Expecting a flame since I'm the minority so... Flame suit on.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast