Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post
    Hold On! Are you a new Sprint customer? I am, just got these new phones last week. I told them, I will not port my AT&T #'s over unless I have a reliable signal w/o dropped calls. If I don't see it by weeks end, I will cancel by 30 days.

So, are you a new or existing customer?
    I've been with Sprint for over 10 years.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I called on 9/27 and got mine on 9/29 via second day air. I paid zero and no monthly.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Oh, and It works great.
    Had my Airave up and running for about 30 days now, it is like night and day when it comes to signal strength...

I used the Retention Dept to get the Airave for free and they also waived the monthly fee for 2 months.
    i love the airave - now i for the first time i use my cell all the time in my house - not sure about the 5000' claim tho. also, my wife's old LG doesn't seem much better with it, but the pre certainly is!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Got mine yesterday, 1 hour later......all 5 bars!

I will call today to have my numbers ported from AT&T
  7. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I just found out that my airave will ship in the next couple of days....and I received confirmation of that through Acct. Services...looking forward to not dropping every cell call at my house.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    When I was talking to the rep at sprint,he told me not to worry bout how many bars i'm getting(with the airave). As long as it gets one bar the call will be fine. Have not dropped a call or had a call break up yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by doogiepwr View Post
    When I was talking to the rep at sprint,he told me not to worry bout how many bars i'm getting(with the airave). As long as it gets one bar the call will be fine. Have not dropped a call or had a call break up yet.
    Both of our PrPrPr&#$275$;'$s$ $had$ $received$ $and$ $sent$ $crappy$ $voice$/$sounds$ $via$ $the$ $Airave$, $last$ $night$. $First$ $time$ $that$'$s$ $ever$ $happened$ - $hopefully$ $the$ $last$, $too$.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have had my airave for over a year now. I love it. I do not get any signal out
    where I live. Now, I have 5 bars all the time. It is great! But I did pay for mine, and I pay the monthly fee.
    i use the retention trick and they said no cost for airwave, and no monthy fee, and dthey were sorry i only had one bar of signal in my house, i checked the order no they gave me and it has a cost of 20.00 posted i hope that is a mistake, or was just on the invoice , will call back after next bill, i am certain they will take care of it, been with sprint 4 years. And cs is 5000 times better now than it was ever before
    I will caution you about the no monthly bill thing that they promised. I too got a free Airave a month ago. I only get 0-1 bars in my house without it. I was also promised by the rep that I would not get a monthly charge for the box. On my next bill there were 2 charges for 4.99. I went on the chat service online and I was told repeatedly that "Sprint policy that charge is valid". I kept telling her that I had made sure that I asked the rep many times if I would receive a charge for the box and was told NO. I could not get the rep to budge even when I told her that I was going to call and speak to a supervisor and see if I could get someone else to listen to me. She then went to her supervisor and came back with the same answer, "Sprint policy that charge is valid". I then wrote a email to the response survey email address and received a phone call (many of them) from a very nice woman that said she had credited my account for the two months charges and had added a "code" to my bill so I would not be charged monthly. So, please keep an eye on your bill and make a big stink if they try to charge you.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    I will caution you about the no monthly bill thing that they promised. I too got a free Airave a month ago. I only get 0-1 bars in my house without it. I was also promised by the rep that I would not get a monthly charge for the box. On my next bill there were 2 charges for 4.99. I went on the chat service online and I was told repeatedly that "Sprint policy that charge is valid". I kept telling her that I had made sure that I asked the rep many times if I would receive a charge for the box and was told NO. I could not get the rep to budge even when I told her that I was going to call and speak to a supervisor and see if I could get someone else to listen to me. She then went to her supervisor and came back with the same answer, "Sprint policy that charge is valid". I then wrote a email to the response survey email address and received a phone call (many of them) from a very nice woman that said she had credited my account for the two months charges and had added a "code" to my bill so I would not be charged monthly. So, please keep an eye on your bill and make a big stink if they try to charge you.
    I was told that they would put a code on there where I would be charged the $4.99 charge... and then receive a credit for $4.99 each month... do others experience that?

Oh, and my Airave is supposed to show up tomorrow.
  14. Oz
    Like so many others, I too live in a building and would like to make a phone call...

In fact, that is where my home office is, and I switched from Verizon (with which I could make fairly clear calls) to Sprint (with which the phone rings, tauntingly, but hangs up as soon as I pick it up, due to the .5 bars).

I read this thread about the way to obtain a cheap if not free Air Rave. I called a few weeks ago, explained the situation, was transfered to retention, and was told I would have to pay the $99 and $5/month. They said this was because i was a "new" customer. The logic escapes me, since when else would I find that I have poor service, after three years? Wouldn't I find that the phone doesn't work well upon first using it?

Anyway, i reluctantly agreed, because I really need to use it in the home, and I am greedy and love my Pre.

I called yesterday to follow up, and was told it was never actually ordered. They remembered in the notes that i was "going to cancel." The retention rep made some keyboard noises and then told me that she could sell it to me for $22.06, and would waive the $5/month... I agreed and gave my cc info.

Though I don't know what happened with the original transaction, I'm glad to not have to pay MORE per month just to use it in my home, which is not lead-lined, nor made of gold, neutronium, or deep underground in a magic cavern.
  15. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    got my tracking number....mine should be here on Monday

edit:...now tracking shows a 10/7 delivery date.
    Last edited by JRH; 10/03/2009 at 10:43 AM.
    Big thanks to this thread! We've got a free Airave coming 10/8.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    after reading this thread i called sprint at the number posted earlier. talk to person number 1 who put me through to tech support who did nothing who gave me to his manager (person 3) who told me to cancel or downgrade from my pre to another phone (really?) so i finally mentioned the airave so i got transfered back to retentions (person 4) who i explained everything to a fourth time and she said "Oh I had the same problem at my apartment and the airave fixed it instantly" asked me some questions and said i qualified for free device w/ no monthly fee. Judy is the best person working there as far as im concerned. Really telling a customer with the "best" phone your company offers to downgrade?? I'll get it by friday!
    I am going to have to call and get this thing. At this point I would even be willing to pay for it just to stop dropping calls. I love the Pre but hate Sprint.
    My bill showed 2 charges of $4.99 for Airave service. A 5 minute call to Sprint and they credited my account for both charges.
    Got a tracking #, the Airave will arrive tomorrow...2 days early. If this thing works as well as others claim, I may cancel my PhonePower VOIP line when the contract comes due.