Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    emailed ecustomer care received a return phone call within an hour i will have my airave on Wed. Waived all charges including $4.99 monthly. It was easy!
    ToyMan
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyMan View Post
    emailed ecustomer care received a return phone call within an hour i will have my airave on Wed. Waived all charges including $4.99 monthly. It was easy!
    ToyMan
    I was told they were on back-order, but congrats.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Nice. We have had these in our corporate offices for 1 year or more. they work <OK> Frankly I have one IN my office on my second desk, which is over my shoulder 3 feet, I still on occasion drop calls.

This said, we have a Metal Roof house, (no I did not say that) but rather that we really wanted to stay, I had a new Pre, but it was not even getting mail in the house.

They do say it needs GPS but only on Startup. from then, I can disconnect. So I will use the really long cord, let the GPS be happy, then disconnect it.

Coyote.
    I did this about two months ago, and the Airave is awesome. It helped to be a premier customer, for me at least, and also, dropped the call with the rep 3 times while placing the order.
    Huh! Amazing

Done! That was

Mine will arrive Friday..

My process:

called, pushed buttons , got billing, asked for tech support first, got tech support, went thru a few questions, requested retension, got retension, chatted for about 15 mins, placed on hold for about 10, came back, gave me order confirmation, Airrave being sent, all charges, purchase, activation, monthly, WAIVED!

I too am a premier customer, and made sure to remind him of that.

I gotta say, for as annoying as it can be to deal with Sprint, they DO seem most of the time to go above and beyond, to make a good customer happy and keep them in the system.

Im happy
    OK my latest experience..

I called the number given above. Spoke with customer service and made sure they noted my account that I have crappy signal. Told them I'd like to cancel, where they sent me to a account rep. His name was Peter and he sincerely felt bad for me getting crappy signal out here since I'm supposed to have 5 bars. He then said I qualify for free Airave and monthly fee waived because I was a NEW customer. I have had the service less than 30 days. Although, he was unable to place the order because the airave is backordered. I now need to go to a retail store since only the retail store can order backordered (as per the Sprint acct rep.) but the rep stated he noted my account to not charge me for it and to waive all fees. Once all of this comes into fruition, I will post back.. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    no luck here, only a free airrave. No credit on the monthly service. 3 lines (2 pre's), and over $200 a month, and a customer for over 10 years don't count for much. My (and my wife's) Pre gets 0-3 bars (mostly 2), and drops calls constantly at our home. My Instinct, Curve, and my wife's rumor never had these problems. But I will NOT get rid of my PRE! I love it!
    Well, I got am airwave too but it sux for me. Problem is, I'm way out in the boonies and cant get cable or DSL internet. Tried satallite and it sucks. Now I use an aircard connected to a cellular router. Works great for the web (faster than cable at my old address) but the airwave wont work with it at all. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    no luck here, only a free airrave. No credit on the monthly service. 3 lines (2 pre's), and over $200 a month, and a customer for over 10 years don't count for much. My (and my wife's) Pre gets 0-3 bars (mostly 2), and drops calls constantly at our home. My Instinct, Curve, and my wife's rumor never had these problems. But I will NOT get rid of my PRE! I love it!

You have to go to customer RETENTION (Basically the last resort before you leave their service) Customer service knows nothing and won't offer you a thing. They will order you an airave, however because it's backordered you may have to wait a while. Just make sure you check back with them constantly on the billing issue. They will credit the account if you've been billed for the service. I still haven't received mine yet.. They said middle of the month before when I ordered it at the beginning of the month and now they say it's the 29th of Sept. I hope I get it soon! They charged me for the Airave on my credit card and then it showed up on my bill too, however I got them to credit it off. You just have to watch them, they're sneaky sometimes. I only get one bar at the most at my house and many times none, so I am hoping this works... however I'm probably going to move in the next 6 -9 months to a new location and who knows how the reception will be there, however I will have my airave and hopefully good DSL/broadband service.
    called sprint, got retention , have two pre's, would only get me a refurbished airave for 49.00 and still have to pay the 4.99 a month for the service. hell hell hell, at least its not 99 dollars
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Wow, that was easy. Sprint customer service is NOTHING like it was a few years ago. Thats a good thing.
  12. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    just got off the phone with Cust Service....mine will be on backorder for at least another 2 weeks.....
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Just a heads up, I had trouble after I had been sent my free airave a little over a month ago with getting the $4.99 credited on the first bill. I called just a few days ago and spoke with retentions and they obviously helped me out immediately and got it set up right, but she did mention to me that it was a promotion they were running through account services that they are not running anymore, and not offering to people.

Whether or not she was blowing smoke or not; obviously only time will tell. But seeing less success around here lately getting a free Airave backs up her statements.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I just got one for $9.99 + tax monthly service fee waived. They must be in stock, I was told it is being shipped, will arrive in 3-5 days.
    I call BS.

Sprint will roam on just about every CDMA carrier in the country so if you really had no service that means there was no Sprint, no Verizon, no US Cellular, and no regional CDMA service.

What is the address of theater you were at?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    The sad thing is how much the airave is needed. Coming from att, I can't believe how awful sprint is. I knew the lack of low frequency spectrum was a problem, but the real world impact is pretty amaxing. My wife an I went to the movies tonight and before the previews started, she texted the sitter from her ihone and checked her email, but my pre was useless - no service at all.

A pre on att would be so much better.
  16. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post
    I just got one for $9.99 + tax monthly service fee waived. They must be in stock, I was told it is being shipped, will arrive in 3-5 days.

yeah that's what the retention rep told me......almost 3 weeks ago....but I've waited this long, and I can wait some more.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I've talked to 3 different reps, they aren't allowed to offer discounts for the airave.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JRH View Post
    yeah that's what the retention rep told me......almost 3 weeks ago....but I've waited this long, and I can wait some more.
    Hold On! Are you a new Sprint customer? I am, just got these new phones last week. I told them, I will not port my AT&T #'s over unless I have a reliable signal w/o dropped calls. If I don't see it by weeks end, I will cancel by 30 days.

So, are you a new or existing customer?
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post
    Hold On! Are you a new Sprint customer? I am, just got these new phones last week. I told them, I will not port my AT&T #'s over unless I have a reliable signal w/o dropped calls. If I don't see it by weeks end, I will cancel by 30 days.

So, are you a new or existing customer?
    I'm a new customer and I told them that I'm going back to Verizon if they didn't get me a solution as Sprint's service is a bit weaker than Verizon's at my house, so I don't get service most of the time. With that said, I haven't received my Airave yet. They said by the end of the month. Waiting for it to show up at my front door! Keep calling them back about it. It's worth it for them to supply you with one!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I just called 611 from my Pre to ask about the Airrave.

Since I've only been a Sprint customer all of 5 days, retentions offered me a refurbished unit for $49.99. All of the monthly charges would be waived. I'm still thinking about whether or not to take it for 50 bucks.