Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    My Phantom skinz full cover ( back and front) came in the mail yesterday. It's not any harder putting on than an invisible shield. It came out perfect and you can't tell it has a cover on. The one thing I like better about the phantom skinz cover is that it is less of a rubbery feel than invisible shield and it doesn't have that rainbow effect when you look at the screen from an angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    My Phantom skinz full cover ( back and front) came in the mail yesterday. It's not any harder putting on than an invisible shield. It came out perfect and you can't tell it has a cover on. The one thing I like better about the phantom skinz cover is that it is less of a rubbery feel than invisible shield and it doesn't have that rainbow effect when you look at the screen from an angle.
    Cool, this sounds like what i'm looking for. : ). I just took off my zagg because the rubbery feel and because it never had the smooth surface look. thanks.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    Cool, this sounds like what i'm looking for. : ). I just took off my zagg because the rubbery feel and because it never had the smooth surface look. thanks.
    I read the same thing about Phantom Skinz compared to the Invisible Shield. My Phantom Skinz should be here any day now. Cant wait
    Yup, installed mine last night on my wife's pre. only did the front since the touchstone back is so nice and i like the feel of it.

It wan't that hard, use the 1 drop of baby johnson with a bowl of water, which is what i did and keep things wet.

Hint, use scotch tape after you wipe down the pre's face to remove every spec of lint..

keep your hands wet, and before putting the screen on your pre, swipe with your wet finger on the face of the pre to have some moisture there as well.

definitely worth it.. I bought the whole body kit, but would recommend screen only if you got the touchstone and like the feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre me View Post
    I read the same thing about Phantom Skinz compared to the Invisible Shield. My Phantom Skinz should be here any day now. Cant wait
    2nd. . Mine shipped this morning, can't wait.
    I ordered my screen only protector from Phantom Skinz this morning as well. With all these glowing reviews and a price of $4.97 for TWO screen protectors plus free shipping, I figured I couldn't really go wrong...
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I picked up a set of the front Phantom Skinz as well. I applied the Zagg Shields yesterday -successfully - but it didn't fit right. It was too long on the bottom. I moved it up as far as I could and have a speaker opening and the hole for the button was halfway below the button. Plus I don't like the textured look...
    Thanks for the review. Just ordered me the full body kit. Sounds like exactly what I want.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Would one of you mind posting pictures of your phone with the Phantom skinz on? How well are the corners covered? Any orange peel effect? I'm trying to decide which brand to buy. Thanks.
    Last edited by Proof2006; 06/16/2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: resized pic
    Ordering Phantom Skinz for the front due to my experience with IS. I have no problem installing them with good results, it just that the front looks like an orange and the back really smooth and clear. I will leave the back on because I like the tacky feeling of IS and just replace the front with the Phantom Skinz and replace the back when necessary. Skinz are only 12.49 with free shipiing for two full sets during the month of June. You need to put this code in when ordering "summer50".
    Last edited by kinster02; 06/18/2009 at 02:45 AM. Reason: corrections
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I ordered monday and received my Phantom Skinz today! They are the best. I got rid of my Zagg Shield. Phantom Skinz are cheaper, clearer, fit better, and easier to apply. The touchscreen is way more responsive than with Zagg. I really believe Phantom Skinz is the screen protector to get.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Is the phantom skinz shield kind of sticky like the Zagg or smooth? One of my friends has a protector for his iPhone and I love it. It is super smooth and want to find a smooth one for the pre.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Can someone post a picture of what the corners look like? Do these ruin the look of the Pre or are they pretty inconspicuos? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    Is the phantom skinz shield kind of sticky like the Zagg or smooth? One of my friends has a protector for his iPhone and I love it. It is super smooth and want to find a smooth one for the pre.

It is much smoother than Zagg. You can't really tell a screen protector is on. It does not ruin the look of the Pre at all.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I also installed Phantom Skinz and I'm really impressed with it. It was easy to install and looks and feels great. What worried me a little during the install was that water got into the mic hole and around the center button. I made sure to dry it off with the help of a blow dryer before turning the phone back on and everything great.

I opted to install the film on my Touchstone back cover and everything works fine. I like how they decided not to film over the Palm logo on the back cover. The cut out for that is perfect.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie PT View Post
    Can someone post a picture of what the corners look like? Do these ruin the look of the Pre or are they pretty inconspicuos? Thanks.
    This is how the film is cut. The wings end up wrapping around and meeting the sides of the top flap and bottom flap.

I think the corners look great and don't ruin the look of the phone at all. I like the cut and the corners weren't hard to keep down at all.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Returned Zagg..ordered Phantom Skinz front for 4.97.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Can any of you post a close-up picture of the corners and the palm logo on the back? Thanks.
    I kept the original plastic on until I received my IS, the back of my Pre looks really good but the screen looked terrible. I since remove the front and replace with Phantom skinz, which came out perfect. This has got to be the easy shield to install, your a take off within five minutes if you mess up and reapply. I just used my finger to apply and remove the water and bubbles, it leaves no marks that way. There were no bubble and the screen was almost perfectly clear. The sides are completely covered with no orange peel like IS and the corners stick really well. If you should buy these make sure you use 1 cup one warm water in a bowl with a drop of soap. The soap makes it easy to side into position because without it just like the other skins it will stick to to pre as so as you touch the screen. I can't believe how nice an clear and smooth it feel compared to IS. The Phantom Skinz are on sale through June and you get two sets with life time warranty, 30 day mb for 4.97 fronts / 12.47 full with shipping included. This the code needed for the discounted. summer50 http://phantomskinz.com/images/produ...-Pre-Trans.jpg
    Last edited by kinster02; 06/22/2009 at 08:44 PM.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast