Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    hey i went to the phantom site and its 9.95 how did you guys get it for 5 bucks??
    Quote Originally Posted by ernest Aguilar View Post
    hey i went to the phantom site and its 9.95 how did you guys get it for 5 bucks??
    i think the 50% sale is over.

There is a 33% sale now. coupon code: independence33
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    hey thanks for the info
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonB7 View Post
    Glad to hear that your Pre is functioning as intended again. I'm still waiting for my skins to arrive. They should be here any time this morning. Did you use any solution with the water like baby shampoo? I know the Phantom Skinz site suggested to add 1 drop to ease the application process.
    In regards to my last questions. I added two drops of Johnson's Baby Shampoo into a red party cup filled with warm water and after letting the film/skin soak for a minute I peeled the film off and applied it to my Pre. I've applied Phantom Skinz five other times on other Pre's and I have to say the two drops of soap made a huge difference. The application of the skin was by far the easiest out of the five previous applications without the shampoo. Just make sure you put the shampoo in after the water that way you do not create any bubbles. The shampoo I used was an orange/yellow color in the bottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonB7 View Post
    This question is for either of you, what size was the container and how much soap did you add. I've been hearing to use just a drop or two. I'm just curious as I want to try and see if the application is easier. I've been using just normal warm water, but if it makes it easier than I will try this for sure next time.
    I just used one drop of the yellow shampoo. I made sure to let the bubbles settle down first. I've only applied once, and it worked out great using this method. I don't really have anything else to compare too, but I'd recommend just giving it a shot. You'll surprise yourself with how easy it works.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Yep, took off my IS too, it was driving me nuts. To rubbery and sticky. I am going to follow suite with the phantomskinz thanks to all you guys reviews!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    just ordered the phantom skinz so we'll see how it works out.
    Just installed mine. Took about 5-10 minutes....wasn't too bad at all.
    phantom skinz front went on easy and smooth for me, i only have 1 little air bubble but other than that it is basically invisible on the pre
    Got my phantom skin in the mail. Put it on this morning. Used a drop of dial, waited for the bubbles to go down and applied following the instructions and web video. It was easier than expected. There is one very slight bubble on the left that is on the edge of the screen. Its annoying but hopefully will go away in a day. Also 2 tiny tiny spots where there was maybe a little extra water just below the opening for the silver bar on the top front. I'm hoping that will go away soon too but that doesn't bother me as much at all. The back looks pretty perfect.

Overall I'm impressed and will love it even more if everything I described fixes itself as I've heard it might. Basically this skin is so barely there i'm almost afrait it won't prevent scratches. Its the opposite of my previous protective phone case experience which was a leather clip on case on my sanyo original camera phone.

If my skin gets 100% perfect i'm really going to be singing Phantom Skinz praises.
    Its been more than 24 hours and there are now no imperfections. I officially love my phantom skin. Coincidently my gf dropped a metal napkin holder on the middle of my screen today at lunch. No scratch and no worries now.
    I put mine on last night and while I think it's a good product, I did end up with some lines that look like indentations from the applicator (not scratches) and imperfections; here's hoping they go away after a few days.
    I'm a total newb at this and put mine on a few nights ago. The first skin was a disaster with a crap ton of lint and black stuff in it that forced me to peel it try again with the second one.

The second skin went on great, but during the squeegee process, I made the mistake of using the plastic card supplied. Apparently the plastic card that comes with the kit has a strip of adhesive on the back side of it to help it stick to the kit. The adhesive got on my fingers and subsequently more than half of the phantom skin. I've tried several different solutions to try and remove the adhesive, but nothing is working so far. So here I am with a perfectly installed skin but remnants of plastic adhesive that has essentially fused to the over half of the skin. I'm happy overall with the product since it's obviously superior to zagg, but make sure you completely remove the adhesive from the back of the supplied card before installing.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    OMFG!! dude you guys have to buy this NOW!! they are having a 2 for one sale on all phone phantom skinz!!!! TWO FOR ONE PLUS 33% OFF!! thats 6.67 for TWO FRONT SCREEN PROTECTORS!! the same deal goes for the full body one too but i didnt buy that one... BUY IT!!

AND FREE SHIPPING TOO!! i love you already phantomskinz!!
    How do I get that deal? Is there an offer code I need or something like that? I have a Zagg IS and after reading all of this about phantomskinz I want to switch.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    the code is independence33
    OK folks. I'd like to share my experience with the phantomskinz that I got last week. Used the latest code "independence33" and paid ~$17 with tax and shipping to Hawaii. It came in the mail about 3 days after ordering it online and that's because I ordered late in the day and it didn't process until the next day.

Ok that said.. The installation we perfectly smooth with very very little bubbles and it was my first time ever using this type of product. Using the second skin that comes with it, I did my wife's phone with even better results. The only thing I think I could've done better was not apply so much pressure using the applicator i think i stretched the skin a bit near the edges. But all in all, I'm VERY VERY HAPPY and I recommend this to anyone and everyone that has a Palm Pre.

I have a couple of flaws in mine like lint in the corner but it looks so smooth that it seems like it's part of the cover. I'll post pictures soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scholarlv; 09/23/2009 at 02:13 PM. Reason: adding picture attachments
  18. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    just used the code for the full body skinz and with the promo I get 2 full sets and the cost was $16.27 shipped.

sorry that should have been $16.72
    Last edited by JRH; 09/23/2009 at 06:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    lol how did i get 4 for 13 bucks?!!? i must have hit the jackpot =D
    Thanks. Just ordered them. Hopefully they get here fast.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast