Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Will the rainbow specs go away after application?
    I still see the horizontal rainbow effect a week after application. The clarity def is not as good with this skin on. I just don't know if that's normal..
    Installed mine last night. Not particularly difficult. After about 15 minutes I opened the slider, and I had one of the tabs a bit lower than it should be so I re-wet it, pulled it up and it held fine (I could tell this because the very edge came up when the slider opened). From the time I put it on there was a slight haziness that is only visible when the screen is off. When the screen is on you can see nothing there and it is very clear, although it is not as clear as with no skin at all. Overnight the haziness (maybe it's soap residue, but I used a microdrop of soap) didn't really change. Several tiny bubbles appeared near the edges but they are no problem at all. The edges are perfect; you really cannot tell by looking at the edges that there is a skin on. I used a BSE on my 700P for about a year and half and it was great; this is similar in appearance and should work well. And I have the spare if I decide to switch it out. So far I'm pleased.
    Bah, I just tried this and I'm too frustrated to try again tonight. Wish the damn things just came with a screen protector already installed (not the plastic covering that will curl up after a while).
    A++ for PhantomSkinz!! Install was easier and faster than expected! Great fit, look, and feel.
    I am very glad I went with PS!! Just follow the directions and reccomendations found here on pre|central and you can't go wrong.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    OK so I am a complete ***** and I just realized what you all meant by "orange peel". I thought it was literally peeling and had an orange color lol. Anyway, now that I figured out what you mean by that, yeah that is kind of annoying with the IS but I had decided to just deal with it. Is that really not there with the Phantom?

Also, I had a lot of difficulty installing the IS, and I've seen mentioned in the thread that the Phantom is more complicated?? Really??

Are there any current discount codes?
    Last edited by wubbie075; 08/15/2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: added final question
    Quote Originally Posted by wubbie075 View Post
    OK so I am a complete ***** and I just realized what you all meant by "orange peel". I thought it was literally peeling and had an orange color lol. Anyway, now that I figured out what you mean by that, yeah that is kind of annoying with the IS but I had decided to just deal with it. Is that really not there with the Phantom?

Also, I had a lot of difficulty installing the IS, and I've seen mentioned in the thread that the Phantom is more complicated?? Really??

Absolutely no orange peel with the PS.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Absolutely no orange peel with the PS.

not entirely true. there is a tiny amount of orange peel but i dont notice it except at extreme angles and in perfect light and when im really looking for it. but you should know ive had 20 people ask me if thats the new pre, i nod my head and they are surprised to know i even put a skin on it (phantom skinz) and even so its been the best thing ive done for a phone my whole life. So yea buy phantom skinz!
    PS is amazing! Even though it was a little of a pain to put on, it was more than worth it. I'm much more confident placing my phone in certain places now knowing it won't get scratched.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Same.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    not entirely true. there is a tiny amount of orange peel but i dont notice it except at extreme angles and in perfect light and when im really looking for it. but you should know ive had 20 people ask me if thats the new pre, i nod my head and they are surprised to know i even put a skin on it (phantom skinz) and even so its been the best thing ive done for a phone my whole life. So yea buy phantom skinz!
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    PS is amazing! Even though it was a little of a pain to put on, it was more than worth it. I'm much more confident placing my phone in certain places now knowing it won't get scratched.
    Same.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wubbie075 View Post

Like others have said, there is a slight orange peel effect when viewed at angles, but overall these skins are great looking. My only problem is that I can see horizontal lines when viewing light grey or white backgrounds, doesn't bother me too much though, it appears to be a part of the skin, not from my install. Overall, great skin; much better than BSE and IS which I wasted so much money on, and ripped them off after a couple weeks bc my Pre looked awful IMO.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I've noticed the same horizontal lines on my skin as well but they are barely noticeable, not really a concern. I've seen the invisible shield skins and the phantom skinz imo is better.
    Crap! I installed this yesterday and it looks awesome! but I forgot to take the battery off and I installed it and it got a little wet when I finished I noticed that the phone was turned back on for some reason!!! Must of pushed the button while trying to install it. And I turned the phone off and left it off the whole night. The next morning everything seemed find but the volume seemed a little low, and when my bf got home I compared it to his and its much louder... so I am guessing the water messed it up!!! So I just put it in the bag of rice as everyone is suggesting. Considering how long I had the phone one can this still be fixed??
    It worked! its as good as new!!! I luv this skin.. I can't even tell I have it on most times
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agi2002 View Post
    It worked! its as good as new!!! I luv this skin.. I can't even tell I have it on most times
    Glad to hear that your Pre is functioning as intended again. I'm still waiting for my skins to arrive. They should be here any time this morning. Did you use any solution with the water like baby shampoo? I know the Phantom Skinz site suggested to add 1 drop to ease the application process.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    coupon code: independence33 is still working for 33% off
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonB7 View Post
    Glad to hear that your Pre is functioning as intended again. I'm still waiting for my skins to arrive. They should be here any time this morning. Did you use any solution with the water like baby shampoo? I know the Phantom Skinz site suggested to add 1 drop to ease the application process.
    I used just regular liquid soap, and the instructions that they provide is really good. It was pretty easy I just poared warm water and put the soap in after to avoid bubbles and just stirred it.
    Just installed my PS, followed directions exactly. Got the $1 Johnson Baby Soap at Target, let it dry for 12 hrs, now phone looks perfect.

Wouldn't waste time with any other skin, I don't know what could make this one better.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    This question is for either of you, what size was the container and how much soap did you add. I've been hearing to use just a drop or two. I'm just curious as I want to try and see if the application is easier. I've been using just normal warm water, but if it makes it easier than I will try this for sure next time.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast