Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    has anyone used this with the palm leather holster? does it create a lot of friction too?

had to eventually cut off my holster's ribbon because my BSE was causing too much friction that i was having a hard time pulling it out with the ribbon.
    With the Phantom Skinz after application, has anyone had left over soap or bubbles go away over time? My application didn't go all too well, at first it was way too wet so I wiped off the phone and the 2nd try was too dry but it went on decently except there is noticeable soap residue and two bubbles. At least I have a 2nd skin to try again if I feel like it, but I am leaving on the first skin for now.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Took off my Zagg IS last night and replaced it with Phantom Skins. Messed up the 1st front skin and installed the 2nd one. All in all, took about 1.5 hours (way longer than installing IS). I used liquid detergent mixed with warm water. Looked amazing and felt soooo much better than the IS. No bubbles at all! Woke up at 8 am,installed the battery and turned on. Screen had major water damage and you could barely see anything. After 5 minutes, I couldn't see anything at all, just some backlighting coming through. Removed PS and took it back to best buy mobile (lucky for me, today was the 30th day so I got it replaced right at the store otherwise I would have had to wait with the best buy replacement policy up to 2 weeks cuz it needs to be sent out to see if Palm can fix it and only if they cannot, they give you a replacement one.) Got lucky!!! But now I am scared to install PS again. I installed IS in 30 minutes with 0 problems, but with PS, it was all my fault and I used waaay too much water on the screen when installing. Advice? Should I just get a screen protector and a case or try my hand at PS again with more care like I did the 1st time with the IS? I def. liked the feel and look of the PS much for than the iS. Help!
    PAY for someone at Best Buy to install. Money well spent. Peace of mind is PRICELESS!!!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    PAY for someone at Best Buy to install. Money well spent. Peace of mind is PRICELESS!!!
    But I don't want the Zagg IS. I want Phantom Skinz. You think that they'll install it even though they don't sell the product?
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx100 View Post
    No bubbles at all! Woke up at 8 am,installed the battery and turned on. Screen had major water damage and you could barely see anything.
    Whoa whoa whoa how much water did you use!?! I've performed 3 different skin installs (IS, BG's, and PS) and each time I used a fair amount of water and have never seen any amount of water damage. To give you an idea of how much water I used, the skin would be just damp enough that it was fairly wet without the solution dripping off and onto the table.

Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't call a pimply faced 16 year old working at Best Buy a professional. This makes me wonder though: Does anyone who goes to a so called "professional" to have their skin installed care to ask them what kind of training they received to qualify them to do this kind of work? The thought of a kid having to go to a class on a Saturday morning where an instructor teaches them the proper skin installing technique makes me sad.
    Then there's always the pathetic graduation ceremony and the hand out of the "Certified Skin Installer" certificates.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa how much water did you use!?! I've performed 3 different skin installs (IS, BG's, and PS) and each time I used a fair amount of water and have never seen any amount of water damage. To give you an idea of how much water I used, the skin would be just damp enough that it was fairly wet without the solution dripping off and onto the table.
    Yea, I agree that it was completely my fault this time. With Zagg, I was using the mist spray thingy, but since none was provided with PS, I was dripping the water on the screen, but way too much. It must have gotten in through the mic and the ear-hole. But now I am thinking that I might want the Seidio black case with their screen protector (once I read some reviews by people that have both installed.)
    Yea, I agree that it was completely my fault this time. With Zagg, I was using the mist spray thingy, but since none was provided with PS, I was dripping the water on the screen, but way too much. It must have gotten in through the mic and the ear-hole. But now I am thinking that I might want the Seidio black case with their screen protector (once I read some reviews by people that have both installed.)
    Yea you want to apply water ONLY to the protector itself; you shouldn't apply water to the screen. You really want to use the minimum amount of liquid that you can. And if you had the Zagg, then you could just refill the mist bottle they gave you.
    Put my Phantom on yesterday. Looks ALOT better than invisible shield.
    Took off my Zagg IS last night and replaced it with Phantom Skins. Messed up the 1st front skin and installed the 2nd one. All in all, took about 1.5 hours (way longer than installing IS). I used liquid detergent mixed with warm water. Looked amazing and felt soooo much better than the IS. No bubbles at all! Woke up at 8 am,installed the battery and turned on. Screen had major water damage and you could barely see anything. After 5 minutes, I couldn't see anything at all, just some backlighting coming through. Removed PS and took it back to best buy mobile (lucky for me, today was the 30th day so I got it replaced right at the store otherwise I would have had to wait with the best buy replacement policy up to 2 weeks cuz it needs to be sent out to see if Palm can fix it and only if they cannot, they give you a replacement one.) Got lucky!!! But now I am scared to install PS again. I installed IS in 30 minutes with 0 problems, but with PS, it was all my fault and I used waaay too much water on the screen when installing. Advice? Should I just get a screen protector and a case or try my hand at PS again with more care like I did the 1st time with the IS? I def. liked the feel and look of the PS much for than the iS. Help!
    I hope you have your Total Equipment Protection plan. You don't want to pay out of your pocket for a new phone this soon.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    I hope you have your Total Equipment Protection plan. You don't want to pay out of your pocket for a new phone this soon.
    I have Best Buy protection plan. And yea, I got a new Pre.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I got my PS this weekend. Dont want to put it on yet though, as I am exchanging my Pre soon!
    I installed PS like a week ago, first time installing, went on pretty easy, had to pull off and re apply a few times to get it right. I had three air bubbles when I finished, fairly large too, a few days later there almost completly gone, cant feel them at all and it takes at least five or ten seconds to locate them by eye. Texture is just right, fits perfect, awesome product.
    I installed mine last night. everything fits great, feels wonderful, but there are 2 spots that are a little distorted when viewed on a solid background. will this go away after a few days or should I reapply the skin. can i reuse the skin or just apply a whole new one?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    has anyone used this with the palm leather holster? does it create a lot of friction too?

had to eventually cut off my holster's ribbon because my BSE was causing too much friction that i was having a hard time pulling it out with the ribbon.
    my PhantomSKinz just arrived yesterday. No problems with the Palm Pre Case although i must point out that since BSE destroyed the ribbon on my leather case i have taken them off already. so i dont know how the Phantom skin will affect the ribbon on a new Palm Pre leather case.

Note: the leather holster case actually helped clean out some residual bubbles on my Pre
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    just bought my phantom skinz today. Anyone who is worried that is says Pre-Order don't. I contacted them and they said the received my order and it will ship out tomorrow and be here in 5 business days with the free shipping option. Lifetime replacements for 6.67 and they are the best reviewed on the forum... steal!
    I just ordered a set of Phantom Skinz. I have already tried both BSE and Bodyguardz.
    Very happy with Bodyguardz and not so much with BSE (obvious orange peel).

I'll report back a comparison between the 3.
    I have the Zagg IS which I paid (or, better yet, "wasted") >$15 bucks for in this drab economy.

I ordered the Phantom Skinz after a co-worker showed me his install and it looked like what I wanted. I hate the Zagg, I really wish these idiots would stop selling and overcharging for this crap product. My Zagg is full of indentations/lines/scratches, micro airbubbles that haven't gone away after 3 weeks. Dust is attracted to it, and with its rubbery surface (which I hate), it sticks to it too. The orange peel thing makes me nuts. And it never fit on perfectly and wrinkled at the edges from squeegie'ing it in an attempt to flatted it out during installation. Horrible product in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post

I can detect a little more friction than no screen saver, but not too much. I still have my ribbon intact.
    Has anyone had a problem of the install looking perfect. But just effecting the image quality of the screen in a negatuve way? I have no air bubbles. But have a horizontal kinda rainbow effect on the whole screen. Its not to bothersome. I just don't know if this is just an effect of the protector or if I shouldn't be able to tell As far as screen clarity goes. That there is even a screen protector installed.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast