Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie PT View Post
    I have positives and negatives about the experience with PhantomSkinz. My wife and I were really patient putting ours on last night and it took about an hour and a half. We watched all the videos and read tips in the forums. Hers has bubbles that have not gone away and a hazy film that was on the skins to begin with that hasn't gone away. We probably shouldn't have installed that particular film and used the other one. Mine looks a lot better except that it has two white spots that came on the film that have not gone away and that won't because they are raised. Some of the soap suds never went away either and we only used one drop of baby shampoo. A couple of my corners look great and a couple overlap and stick up.

I will definitely be reinstalling my wifes skins. I don't know if I should try a reinstall on mine because it takes so much time, but I'm kind of annoyed with the minor blemishes. If these problems weren't there the skins looks excellent.

Do you guys that have installed these have these minor problems that I mentioned?

Thanks.
    Do you have the shimmery artifacts that can be seen best against a white background? My skin has been on for about 24 hours and I have random specks of shimmery artifacts. I am hoping they go away but on my previous Invisible Shield install, the shimmery artifacts didn't appear until 6 days after the install.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Sorry if this is stupid question but can I use the solution from Zagg IS to apply Phantom Skinz?
    Quote Originally Posted by tpp0230 View Post
    Sorry if this is stupid question but can I use the solution from Zagg IS to apply Phantom Skinz?
    Yes you can.
    Can anyone compare the Bodyguardz screen protector to Phanton Skinz?They seem like the best choices as far as clarity and feel. Wondering which to go with.
    Last edited by DUTO; 07/01/2009 at 01:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I see some mild shimmery artifacts on a white background now that you mention it. It's not very bad or annoying at all. Are yours pretty bad?

I would also be interested in hearing comparisons from someone that has used Phantom Skinz and Bodyguardz.
    Does it work with the Seidio holster and does the holster scrape against any of the attachment points?
    Yes, it works with the Seidio holster.
    MY holster makes a small impression on the right side of the phone (as you look at the phone's front) , but otherwise is pretty good. If you put the skin on and let it cure correctly, it should be good to go.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    dangit - 1 day late for the summer50 code - is there an updated one to get the 50% off?

Edit - found it - it's only 33% off though: independence33 through the month of July. I found it after ordering
    Last edited by culaslucas; 07/01/2009 at 01:43 PM.
    quick question, I installed phantom skins and it looks great but I have three small bubbles (air) that i could not for the life of me get out, will these go away in a few days? or do I need to order another set (first attempt had like nine bubbles)?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    gordon84,

My wife had a pretty big bubble and a couple smaller ones and hers went away in about 4-5 days. I would have never waited that long, but a couple people on this site mentioned that they went away. I would give it a couple of days at least.
    I just ordered the Phantom Skinz. I am on day 3 of having Invisible Shield on my Pre and I am not liking how it looks. I would agree with others that it is more difficult to swipe my finger and the orange peel effect is very noticeable (not to mention tiny bubbles). Thanks for the tips so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmitek View Post
    I just ordered the Phantom Skinz. I am on day 3 of having Invisible Shield on my Pre and I am not liking how it looks. I would agree with others that it is more difficult to swipe my finger and the orange peel effect is very noticeable (not to mention tiny bubbles). Thanks for the tips so far.
    The bubbles go away, so does the orange peel. If you a using the IS you can wax it with an automotive wax (not carnuba) and it will be incredibly shiny and all the orange peel will go away. The IS seems thicker or something and messed with my proximity sensor sometimes (happened like 3 times in 30 calls so not a huge deal) but it was enough for me to change to phantom skinz.
    Is the summer50 code for phantom skinz still working?

**EDIT**

Nevermind that was for June only. For July it's 33% off with "independence33" code.
    I've just ordered my phantom skinz and can't wait for them to arrive. I've been so careful with my pre, but I know I can't trust myself completely to keep it pretty.

Anyone have any comment on whether or not you really have to keep the phone off for 24 hours?
    Ordered my phantomskinz today. I'm excited!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have phantomskinz on 5 palm pres now (family plan- went all in).

I had bestskinevers on one phone prior to that. Phantomskinz is much much better, honestly can't even tell its on, and I am picky.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superchicken View Post
    Anyone have any comment on whether or not you really have to keep the phone off for 24 hours?
    I put the Skinz on my Pre and then used a blow dryer on low for a few minutes. I inserted the battery and the phone powered right up.

I cannot leave my phone off for 24 hours as I am always on call.
    Marty
    Handspring Visor -> Handspring Treo 180 That stated it would have Wi-Fi -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650->Treo 700P ->Centro->Pre
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I only left ours off overnight and they powered up fine after that.
    I received my phantom skinz in the mail yesterday and waited till I was about ready to go to bed to install it. Truth be told, I didn't power it off at all during installation. Anyways, A little dishwasher soap in a bowl of warm water and about 5 minutes later and the front protector was applied, no air bubbles, no white bubbles, and it was perfectly dry not too long after that.
    I am very satisfied with my purchase as it I know I now have a little more afforded protection for my Pre. I haven't installed the back protector yet as I have the touchstone and didn't know what the long term effects would be of charging it with both touchstone back plate plus the protector. I know the phone gets a little hot on the touchstone and didn't know if it would warp the protector or not. Overall, great purchase, easy to install, looks good, feels smooth, and didn't hurt my wallet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie PT View Post
    I see some mild shimmery artifacts on a white background now that you mention it. It's not very bad or annoying at all. Are yours pretty bad?

I would also be interested in hearing comparisons from someone that has used Phantom Skinz and Bodyguardz.
    It isn't that bad, but it is kind of annoying. I'm living with it for now as it hasn't yet gotten any worse.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast