Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie PT View Post
    Can any of you post a close-up picture of the corners and the palm logo on the back? Thanks.
    I'll see if i can find my camera and try and post up a pic of the palm cut out and some other pics later on today if possible
    Thanks to the OP I was looking for a skin to cover my Pre. I ordered a Zagg even though I wasnt crazy about their products but since both the Zagg & Phantom are on the way i'll give the phantom a shot first.

Thanks for the pics that were posted, its truly worth 1,000 words.....
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I took a couple of shots of the back and the front. I wasn't able to get the sides because they kept coming out blurry, but they wrap around nice and neat. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    That looks really good. Was it hard to get the corners to stay down? Thanks for posting.
    May I ask where you purchased the Phantomz?

Thanks

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    May I ask where you purchased the Phantomz?

Thanks

Rob
    Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Accessories & Screen Covers | PhantomSkinz.com use code summer50 for 50% off.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie PT View Post
    That looks really good. Was it hard to get the corners to stay down? Thanks for posting.
    No problemo. I meant to post up pics but I couldn't find my camera for the longest..lol Basically the way you apply the screen protector is you start with the face of the phone, and then you work on the corners. The corners are not to get down but you may need to keep rewet certain spot. I got some air bubbles the first time around and all I did was take the skin off and dunk it in some water and re applied it again.
    nev. mind, got the tabs to stick. : )
    Last edited by allthewayhome; 06/22/2009 at 10:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    That's good to know and thank you... I put an Invisashield on the front and back of mine. I think I'll leave the back on because it's nice to have it feel more "grippy" for texting etc. Not digging how I lost some sensitivity on the touch screen and weird glare colors. Getting a Phantom asap...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    That's good to know and thank you... I put an Invisashield on the front and back of mine. I think I'll leave the back on because it's nice to have it feel more "grippy" for texting etc. Not digging how I lost some sensitivity on the touch screen and weird glare colors. Getting a Phantom asap...
    i had the IS and had to take it off, it really did impair my pre experience and turns yellow. hopefully the PhantomSkinz will be a bit better.
    Last edited by allthewayhome; 06/23/2009 at 10:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I was going to get the Zagg IS because they have a kiosk in the local mall and I could just have them install it. Thanks to this thread I am going to order the Phantom and hope like hell I can install it myself.
    I agree, I just got my Invisibleshield installed and my Pre looks like crap all grainy and the swipes with my finger are harder to do. Pretty much destroys the whole Palm Pre experience. Stay away from Invisibleshield. I just ordered the Phantom Skinz.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I have positives and negatives about the experience with PhantomSkinz. My wife and I were really patient putting ours on last night and it took about an hour and a half. We watched all the videos and read tips in the forums. Hers has bubbles that have not gone away and a hazy film that was on the skins to begin with that hasn't gone away. We probably shouldn't have installed that particular film and used the other one. Mine looks a lot better except that it has two white spots that came on the film that have not gone away and that won't because they are raised. Some of the soap suds never went away either and we only used one drop of baby shampoo. A couple of my corners look great and a couple overlap and stick up.

I will definitely be reinstalling my wifes skins. I don't know if I should try a reinstall on mine because it takes so much time, but I'm kind of annoyed with the minor blemishes. If these problems weren't there the skins looks excellent.

Do you guys that have installed these have these minor problems that I mentioned?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    I'm a switcher from BSE to Phantom. The BSE wasn't clear enough for me and now that I've experienced the Phantom Skinz I realize the BSE isn't nearly as smooth either. I recently installed the Phantom Skinz on both my Pre and my wife's Pre. On my Pre, I only installed the front and I still have the BSE back installed. On my wife's, I installed the front and back. The corners of the Phantom were much harder to install than the BSE and I could see how you might have overlapping on the back piece of the Phantom Skinz, but the front wasn't difficult to avoid overlapping. Only problem I had with the front was that the corners take longer to actually stick than the BSE. You have to wait til they are nearly dry or hold them down for a while. To avoid the soap suds I made sure that all the soap bubbles were off of the skin before I applied it. Still left it plenty wet, just shook the skin or flicked off the bubbles. The Phantom is very clear, didn't notice any white spots.

Aggie PT: You actually noticed white spots on the skin before you installed it? How? I imagine that would be difficult to see on the piece of film that the Phantom comes on. From that piece I went straight to the water, let it drip dry just slightly, flick off any bubbles, then straight to the phone. If your first attempt on the phone isn't looking good, remove it and do it all over again within the first few minutes. Just avoid stretching too much.
    Besides the youtube video from their websites are there any other step by step recommendations or videos? It looks like a complicated install. Please share!
    I read that they recommend using Johnson's baby wash, but which one? I think there are a lot of different ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Besides the youtube video from their websites are there any other step by step recommendations or videos? It looks like a complicated install. Please share!
    There are many tips to be garnered in this forum. A good step by step can be found here.
    To these instuctions I'd add it would be a good idea to have a blow dryer lying around to dry the shield once you have correct positioning on the top portion (not the sides). Set it on low and don't let it blow in one spot for too long. I set up a pattern of squeegee, blow dry, squeegee, blow dry before I was confident enough to finally set in the sides. Another good tip I've learned is to leave the USB door open during the install. In my own personal experience, I've found that using more solution is better, and thus far have not caused any damage to my phone (I've installed 2 different skins on my Pre so far). Just apply as much solution as you are comfortable.

Oh yes, and take out the battery and don't put it back in until about 12 hours after you've allowed the shield to dry! In conclusion, all of the skins can be put on the same way.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I put on my Phantom Skinz, and if I was better at it, I can't imagine a better skin if you want your Pre to look as factory standard as possible.

I put on the back first, and I thought it looked terrible. Barely any of the sides were sticking. After making sure they were wet enough, I decided to actually just tape them down, which worked fine. The front is where my problems are. I have both tiny air bubbles and more distracting larger water bumps. I'll eventually use the second front, and be sure to place starting at one edge and work it across.

Oh, and be more patient.
    I added my shield a few days ago and it look pretty good. The only issue I got is 3 out of the 4 corners look invisible and that corner got white stuff under it and a big bubble where the corner piece connects to the big scren. I'm exchanging my pre soon so ill just wait to install the other shield.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    fareal,

Sorry for being a little confusing about the white spots. My front skin has two indentations that are white, came on the skin and won't go away. They are slightly annoying, but I don't know if I want to reinstall them over again. My wife's front and back skins had a matte-like haze over parts of them that you could see when you tilted them just right in the light. Those came on the skin and did not go away with install. You can still see areas of a dull finish now that they are on her phone. She also has bubbles so I will be reinstalling hers for sure.

Did any of you guys do these that are free from any overlapping or blemishes?

I really like the look of them overall, if I could just get them perfect.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast