Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know when the Seidio Holster will be available? This seems like the best option for me since I have a body protector installed I'm not worried about exposing my Pre .

Here's the link: http://store.precentral.net/seidio-h.../4A24A5636.htm
    Last edited by vutha; 06/13/2009 at 04:04 AM.
    I preordered. They said shipping "week of" June 15th.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    I preordered. They said shipping "week of" June 15th.
    Shipping for this Pre holster began last Friday (6/12). Shipping for this holster will continue through this week.

Seidio
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Shipping for this Pre holster began last Friday (6/12). Shipping for this holster will continue through this week.

Seidio
    While your here, do you have a top view of the holster? The clip that holds the PRE to the case looks like its blocking the headphone jack, can you confirm that this is not the case?

Also, I installed a skin guard (Best Skins Ever) on both the front and back of my PRE, will this affect fitment?
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I concur with you Vutha. I'm shocked at how many holsters (including the one Palm released) blocks the headphones.... DOPE!!! I'm sure it's a tricky thing to do because the power button is on the corner, headphone jack is in the middle... so where do you put the clip or flap?

I almost disgraced my Pre with a BlackBerry case to try and solve the issue. I think my Pre would have had a conniption.
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha
    While your here, do you have a top view of the holster? The clip that holds the PRE to the case looks like its blocking the headphone jack, can you confirm that this is not the case?

Also, I installed a skin guard (Best Skins Ever) on both the front and back of my PRE, will this affect fitment?
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest. To answer you question, the current holster we have now does cover the headphone port. I have forwarded this concern to my engineers and they should get back to me soon. As far as the BSE goes, we cannot guarantee the fitment of the holster with it installed.

While I have you guys/gals here, what do you think about having the port available while the phone is holstered? We have been getting mixed comments about this... Any feedback would be great!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I need a case/holster that has the headphone port available all the time so I can listen to podcast and not have to hold the phone.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest. To answer you question, the current holster we have now does cover the headphone port. I have forwarded this concern to my engineers and they should get back to me soon. As far as the BSE goes, we cannot guarantee the fitment of the holster with it installed.

While I have you guys/gals here, what do you think about having the port available while the phone is holstered? We have been getting mixed comments about this... Any feedback would be great!
    I assume when you say "port" you mean the headphone port rather than something that happens after the install of the BSE. I guess I'm personally stuck in the 'old days' but I'd definitely buy a holster that allows me wear the phone on my hip but still have access to the headphone port. The headphones that came with the phone are good enough for me, plus they have a mic in them so the hands-free setup works.

Thanks for taking input!
    First, your phone sales rep said the headphone jack WAS NOT covered when I made my order. This may present a problem for me when I get the phone. I am consider it SERIOUS DISRESPECT when someone tells me what I want to hear to sell me something. I also posted that info here, so you may have some unhappy customers.

In real world use though, I put the phone in my pocket at the gym. I just don't trust it in a holster while biking, lifting or playing tennis. Those are really the only times I have use the wired headset. However, for those who listen to talk radio, podcasts, etc., this could be a problem.

I could see how this could be difficult for engineering given the myriad type (90 degree, different widths) of headphone plugs.

Good luck and I'll think about what I want to do about this false advertising.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    What about drilling a hole for the head phone jack. Would this cause a breakage issue?
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I've pondered this solution myself... but a problem would be that if you had to pull out your phone, you'd have to disconnect the plug, release the clip (or open the flap/cover), remove the phone, then reconnect the plug.

Maybe instead of a single clip or drilling a hole through the clip (or flap/cover), it could be a dual pronged clip that straddles the plug......
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    First, your phone sales rep said the headphone jack WAS NOT covered when I made my order. This may present a problem for me when I get the phone. I am consider it SERIOUS DISRESPECT when someone tells me what I want to hear to sell me something. I also posted that info here, so you may have some unhappy customers.
    Jeez, I'm glad you could read the rep's mind and knew exactly why they told you that. Couldn't be that they just made an error huh? I guess it's your perspective, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and not assume the worst motives until it's obvious. Call me naive.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    It would be nice to use the headphone jack with the phone in the holster. Theoretically you can get by without it by just using a BT headset, but since those don't work all that well outside, it means a wired headset is probably how I'll listen to most things on my Pre...

Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer

In real world use though, I put the phone in my pocket at the gym. I just don't trust it in a holster while biking, lifting or playing tennis. Those are really the only times I have use the wired headset. However, for those who listen to talk radio, podcasts, etc., this could be a problem.

I could see how this could be difficult for engineering given the myriad type (90 degree, different widths) of headphone plugs.

Good luck and I'll think about what I want to do about this false advertising.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interests in our products. We are sorry about the miscommunication between our representative and you and would like to help. Please forward me your order information to the email in my sig. and we will see what we can do for you as far as helping canceling your order or halting shipment in exchange of a different product.

After talking to my engineers about this, we decided that we are going to look into the development of the headset enabled holster. We are also starting a poll on this forum to gauge the interest of people in getting a holster that have headset port access; the Pre can also be removed from the holster without unplugging the headsets. You can cast your vote here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...holstered.html

Please let us know what you think!
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Jeez, I'm glad you could read the rep's mind and knew exactly why they told you that. Couldn't be that they just made an error huh? I guess it's your perspective, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and not assume the worst motives until it's obvious. Call me naive.

Funny how these "errors" don't discourage people from purchasing. And, yes, I'm a cynic when it comes to salespeople. Guilty as charged.
  16.    #16  
    Hello,
    As far as the BSE goes, we cannot guarantee the fitment of the holster with it installed.
    Anyway you can test to see if it will fit with a body protector? I'm more concerned about this issue than with the headphone jack as I'll just be using my ipod for music. Thank you for your prompt responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha
    Anyway you can test to see if it will fit with a body protector? I'm more concerned about this issue than with the headphone jack as I'll just be using my ipod for music. Thank you for your prompt responses.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products! We love to help, but we actually don't have the mentioned BSE or any sort of shields for our Pre. Our Spring Clip Holsters have a little bit of give to allow variance on the Pre, but again, no guarantees and we do not recommend it.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products! We love to help, but we actually don't have the mentioned BSE or any sort of shields for our Pre. Our Spring Clip Holsters have a little bit of give to allow variance on the Pre, but again, no guarantees and we do not recommend it.
    I don't have BSE's, but I did just install Bodyguardz for the Pre. I just got a notice saying my case had shipped! When I get it I will post here to confirm whether it still fits.

Also, I was wondering if there might be a trade-in when/if a revised case is developed with access to the audio port, or will we need to purchase a new case? Thanks!

I ordered the holster about 5 days ago, since you said you guys were shipping, and my holster still has not shipped.

What gives?
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    I personally like the case it came with better than anything else ive found
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast