Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    I ordered the holster about 5 days ago, since you said you guys were shipping, and my holster still has not shipped.

What gives?
    I ordered mine 5 days ago as well and they just notified me that it was shipping, so I'm guessing you will be notified in the next 24 hours....
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Oops, make that 6 days ago that I ordered! So, yeah, what I said - you'll probably be notified tomorrow give or take...

Their prices seem high, $30 for just a holster.. then an additional $30 for the cases. One can get the Rocketfish case/holster for $25. What makes these Superior and double the cost?
    Shipped
    Got mine today. I've used Seidio holsters with five or six different phones.
    So far it is as solid as the others I have used.
    I did try the Palm holster with the clear plastic face, didn't like it at all.
    I also tried the Rocketfish holster with case, it was ok, but was not rubberized, and did not work with the Touchstone, the magnets aren't strong enough to hold it on.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Their prices seem high, $30 for just a holster.. then an additional $30 for the cases. One can get the Rocketfish case/holster for $25. What makes these Superior and double the cost?
    I bought the Rocketfish because it was so cheap and returned it the next day. It is very cheap in feel. Plasticky. Also, it made the keyboard MUCH harder to slide open Oh yes, and it adds quite a bit of bulk to it. Instead, I opted for the solution that I've had on previous phones that I should have done from the start with the Pre - get a Bodygaurdz or similar protective skin, and Seidio holster case. Seidio's spring holster cases just feel solid and of great quality. No need for an additional "case" on top of the holster if you get something like Bodyquardz. Of course that adds even more to the price, but in my mind If I was going to spend $200 for a phone, I didn't want to degrade it's usability because I wanted to save a mere $25...

Damnit, ship my holster, Seidio! =(
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Jeez, I'm glad you could read the rep's mind and knew exactly why they told you that. Couldn't be that they just made an error huh?
    Yeah, they made an error but it's their job to know the product. How difficult is it to confirm a simple question if they don't know it?

We're not talking about something as complex as all the features a new car may have, this is just a simple cell phone holster. I'd be pissed too if I purchased something based on a sales rep's statement and find out later that it wasn't true.

I guess it shouldn't be surprising with the poor economy these days and everyone downsizing. Maybe Seidio's janitor is doubling as sales rep these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    While I have you guys/gals here, what do you think about having the port available while the phone is holstered?
    I think it's a no-brainer to have access to the headphone port while in the holster. I think you guys should be able to pull it off. I have a Seidio holster for my Centro and think it's one of the best ones out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Maybe instead of a single clip or drilling a hole through the clip (or flap/cover), it could be a dual pronged clip that straddles the plug......
    Exactly what I was thinking...good suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    I bought the Rocketfish because it was so cheap and returned it the next day. It is very cheap in feel. Plasticky. Also, it made the keyboard MUCH harder to slide open Oh yes, and it adds quite a bit of bulk to it. Instead, I opted for the solution that I've had on previous phones that I should have done from the start with the Pre - get a Bodygaurdz or similar protective skin, and Seidio holster case. Seidio's spring holster cases just feel solid and of great quality. No need for an additional "case" on top of the holster if you get something like Bodyquardz. Of course that adds even more to the price, but in my mind If I was going to spend $200 for a phone, I didn't want to degrade it's usability because I wanted to save a mere $25...
    I can appreciate you don't like the feel of the Rocketfish, it does feel sort of cheap. I actual don't mind it. I prefer the extra protection and I can prevent the outside of my pre taking the blunt force of a drop. Even with a full body shield the pre is in danger. I would consider the Seidio version of the Rocketfish style cover when it is available I just think their price is rather high for the case/holster combo.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Anyone got a dremel handy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    I think it's a no-brainer to have access to the headphone port while in the holster. I think you guys should be able to pull it off. I have a Seidio holster for my Centro and think it's one of the best ones out there.
    Yeah, until I get Exchange to work, I'm carrying around the Centro in the Seidio holster and my Pre in pocket.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Anyone using this holster with a full front screen protector? How does it fit?
    Seidio STILL hasnt shipped my holster. You claim they're in stock on your site but havent shipped mine over 8 days now.

WTF.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000
    Seidio STILL hasnt shipped my holster. You claim they're in stock on your site but havent shipped mine over 8 days now.

WTF.
    Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you don't mind, please PM me your order information and I will look into it for you first thing tomorrow! As our website had stated, we had "limited stock on hand" so we couldn't fulfill all the orders right away because of its extreme popularity. But PM me and I will make sure that we can take care of you!
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    This is from a different thread, but can it be confirmed?? Also, can the Pre be removed with headphones still attached from this position?

Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami View Post
    Been wearing the Seidio Holster for a couple of days - Working great, no issues. You can place it upside down in Holster, so earphone jack is uncovered for holstered listening. Much better than the nice, but hard to extract, leather Palm case. The ribbon would get twisted a couple of times a day and I would have to futz with it - minor pain. I've been very happy with Seidio accessories - they do a good job
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    This is from a different thread, but can it be confirmed?? Also, can the Pre be removed with headphones still attached from this position?
    Hopefully mine will arrive today, but from the looks of the photo in the other thread and my experience with the Seidio Centro Holster, the answer is YES.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I wonder if the Seidio extended batteries work with the Palm Touchstone?

I have ordered a clip for the Pre as well, I can't wait to get it. I used a Seidio clip for my 755p which was great. It never fell out of the clip even once.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    FYI, got my case last night. Seems to fit fine even with my Bodyguardz skins installed...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12