Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys- just installed the skin today and it looks great! The cut is very precise, so make sure when installing you have all edges of the phone covered properly, or else the skin will hang out of place. One thing I also wanted to note was the flaps that covered the corners of the phone, I noticed that InvisibleShield and other skins had a more narrow flap which from my experience would peel off in time, this skin however has a more wider flap and IMO covered the corners much better.

The skin did not have any affect to the touchscreen. I can swipe, pinch, etc. just as normal. In fact, I can even press lightly on the screen and the gestures will still work. The skin did not give an Orange Peel effect, its smooth and for some reason made the phone feel a bit sturdy(er?) I cant explain it but when holding it, it felt a lil heavier.

Installing it was really easy, I dipped the skin in soap and water then put it in place. To speed up the drying process I used a blow dryer. As for the back piece, I took it off the phone then proceeded with the same steps. All in all, I'm happy with the skin and I only got it for $5 bucks (sale ends today btw).

Pics below. You'll notice a lot of bubbles, I just installed it a couple of hours ago. The instructions said that the bubbles will disappear in a day or so :

Last edited by vutha; 06/12/2009 at 09:34 PM.
    Wow, the cut of that looks better and easier to install than the Zagg Invisible Shield. Just got that today, and it was annoying to put on, but I managed to do it and it seems to be on solidly. Wish I'd bought the BSE skin instead, though. In fact, I may get it anyway.
    Last edited by metsfan; 06/12/2009 at 09:36 PM.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    That does look pretty solid. Nice work. Great pictures too.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Did you try the invisishield one also. I tried it and the corners were just to hard. How was installing the corners on this one?
    Installed this on my 755p before, it worked well for a couple of months before starting to peel off. ONe thing that i did not like it is that over time it will collect just dirty looking glue-like material on its edges.
    Do they offer lifetime replacement too? I've used Zagg for a while so I already bought the Invisble Shield, should be here soon.

If BSE offers lifetime warranty, I may get it too.
  7.    #7  
    I'm not sure if they do, I checked their site and couldn't find anything stating the fact. However $5 bucks is a steal.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil1528 View Post
    Did you try the invisishield one also. I tried it and the corners were just to hard. How was installing the corners on this one?
    I havent tried the InvisiShield for the Pre but in regards to the corner flaps. The Best Skins Ever flaps are facing downwards which makes it easier to control because your pressing down while the InvisiShield is (from what it looks) facing sidways which makes it a lot harder to control.
    Kudos to BestSkinsEver for fast shipping. Got my order in 2 days.

I've got to disagree with the review re. the orange peel. I can see it in your pics and on my phone after installing the shield.

As far as installation is concerned it is definitely a challenge. Most difficult time I've ever had installing a skin because of the Pre's curves on screen. Best to do it in parts, like suggested in instructions. First get flat face attached correct...then sides...finally corner tabs.

IMHO, guard could have been a bit smaller. It comes right to phones edges and the tiniest bit of misalignment will cause it to overhang....not workable witha slider.

The skin has a sticky feel....making the screen feel a bit like there is a rubbery coating on it. This is similar to all skins I've tried in past...as is the orange peel.

Having said all that I wouldn't want to be without one. In the week I've owned my phone it already developed lots of little scrratches on the screen possibly from my nails. I didn't really notice them until attempting to clean the screen for the installation.

If you've installed screens before you will find the BSE to be par for the course, albeit a little tougher to install because of the Pre's front screen curve.
    Last edited by Disaster; 06/13/2009 at 04:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Installed this on my 755p before, it worked well for a couple of months before starting to peel off. ONe thing that i did not like it is that over time it will collect just dirty looking glue-like material on its edges.
    That seems to happen with all skins I've tried...ie. the dirt along edges. As far as corners peeling I've not had that problem. The cleaner you install the corners/edges, the better it sticks.
    I haven't seen the instructions BSE provides, but Zagg has a palming/thumbing process specifically to address these corners. Basically, you leave the corner flaps for last and let the solution dry for 5 minutes (so it doesn't slide off as easily and stays in place) and using either your palm or your thumb, apply gentle pressure for a minute or so.

After personally installing their shields at least 6 times, I can vouch for this technique.

Oh, and what is this "orange peel" you speak of?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Do they offer lifetime replacement too? I've used Zagg for a while so I already bought the Invisble Shield, should be here soon.

If BSE offers lifetime warranty, I may get it too.

Why do they need to offer a lifetime replacement? if it does its job should never need replacing?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Why do they need to offer a lifetime replacement? if it does its job should never need replacing?
    I just consider it that they are backing their product 100%.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I haven't seen the instructions BSE provides, but Zagg has a palming/thumbing process specifically to address these corners. Basically, you leave the corner flaps for last and let the solution dry for 5 minutes (so it doesn't slide off as easily and stays in place) and using either your palm or your thumb, apply gentle pressure for a minute or so.

After personally installing their shields at least 6 times, I can vouch for this technique.

Oh, and what is this "orange peel" you speak of?
    On all of them have it, its not quite smooth as the original feel its has very very slight orange peel (dimpled?) feel about it

Remember ANY skin is a necessary evil, nothing is better then the original surface, but its better then getting a scatch on the screen from keys etc?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    I just consider it that they are backing their product 100%.
    And they charge for that "100% backing" accordingly? BSE $4.99 same product
    that looks really good. i might just have to get one myself.
    If you need to send in for replacement, etc then what? Do you think I'd want to use an old, stretched out plastic skin?

It doesn't even need to be replacement -say the skin gets a kink or whatever? Zagg has replaced mine several times; in fact, the first replacement you don't need to send your old skin for proof of ownership, but for additional replacements you would.
    And of course, they do charge you nominal shipping, fee. $5 dollars, I think, for Priority Mail USPS.

They have awesome service, but I'm not saying the BSE guys don' either
    I ordered one last night, even though my Invisible Shield arrived earlier this week. I'll apply the BSE first (since I know what the IS looks like) and will try it out.

Is it still $5? I thought that was with a coupon.
  19.    #19  
    Is it still $5? I thought that was with a coupon.
    Its back at $6.99 now, the sale ended yesterday. It was $4.99 w/o any coupon.
    For real. And the thing is, hardly anyone ever uses that IS guarantee because its only allowed for the current phone you have. And honestly, how many of these does a person plan on going through in the lifetime of their phone?? Most people get a new phone in 1-2 years anyway.

Even IF you use the guarantee one time, you could still get off cheaper just buying 2 Best Skins instead of what they charge for one IS with the guarantee. Hell, you could almost buy 3 of them.

Rip off IMO.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast