Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I went to Best Buy yesterday and asked about any Pre accessories they might have. They had just received a shipment of Touchstone chargers, clear plastic shell protectors and leather cases.....all were official Palm products...not aftermarket. I purchased the leather carry case. It has a belt clip and magnetic closure. Also....very unique....is a "pull strap" which lifts the Pre out of the snug case. The the strap retracts when the Pre is re-inserted. It is very cool.
    Yeah I like it, I am working on ensuring that the pullstrap doesn't get caught under the phone when it goes back in. It takes a small finger gesture, but worth it. I like this case a great deal. Way overpriced though.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    The price is a little steep.....but I think its worth it. Here are a few pics for those who haven't seen it. Sorry about the quality.....the light conditions were pretty low.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by n4cer View Post
    The price is a little steep.....but I think its worth it. Here are a few pics for those who haven't seen it. Sorry about the quality.....the light conditions were pretty low.

How much did you get it for? I got it for 39.99 at sprint, but it also came with some universal screen protectors.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Got the same case, agree that it would have been nice to have been a little cheaper. I also would have liked to be able to hook up the headphones while the phone is in the case; that seems like a pretty obvious oversight.

I do like the way the case rides on my belt, though. Particularly since I can't quite dump my Treo 700 yet, and have to dual-wield them
    Eh, I'm not covering up my pretty Pre in ghastly leather.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwm3 View Post
    How much did you get it for? I got it for 39.99 at sprint, but it also came with some universal screen protectors.
    It did? Just in the box? I must have missed 'em... Thanks, I'll check them out when I get home.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I ordered the leather case from palm.com. I used this coupon to save %20!

Palm Coupons, Palm Coupon Codes, Palm Promotions, Palm Promotional Codes
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    It did? Just in the box? I must have missed 'em... Thanks, I'll check them out when I get home.
    Oh no, I meant to say Sprint store gave me some universal screen protectors as well. They sale them $9.99 a pack of 5, but he said they had a thing going on if I spend 40 bucks I get them for free. My bad.
    I doubt you'd fill the vibrate in that case. The vibrate on the Pre for notification of new email, etc... is really light. I could miss it if it wasn't in my pocket.
    I'm very interested in this one. Is there a cut out on the back for the speaker? If not can you hear it ring?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    I doubt you'd fill the vibrate in that case. The vibrate on the Pre for notification of new email, etc... is really light. I could miss it if it wasn't in my pocket.
    I am happy with the vibrate when the case is on the belt. My biggest gripe with my old Treo 650 was weak vibrate. I use to carry it in pocket and often miss calls/sms when it was on vibrate. I thought it would be same with the Pre. However my experience when the Pre is in the case is otherwise.

The Sprint store where I bought Pre had them in stock when I purchased the phone. If you purchase two accessories at Sprint store, you get 20% off (other item I bought was car charger).

The case is nice. I wished it had accommodated for hooking headphones.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I ordered the leather case from palm.com. I used this coupon to save %20!

Palm Coupons, Palm Coupon Codes, Palm Promotions, Palm Promotional Codes
    Doh! I coulda used my Treo 600 class-action lawsuit payout! Where's that postcard again!
    I got the case today and love it. I also got the 20 % off at the Sprint store.
    I had bought the Touchstone but got buyers remorse and returned it. The cover is too tough for me to take off on a regular basis.
    I like the side case a lot. I find that it's easiest to leave the strap out and fold it over the outside with the flap closing over it. That way when I put the pre back in, the strap is out of the way.

Ringing is plenty loud. Vibrate is a little weak, but I haven't missed it. My only "complaint" is that you can't use the headphones while it's in the case, and you can't access the ringer switch. But this is really minor.
    Best side case i've ever had....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    Doh! I coulda used my Treo 600 class-action lawsuit payout! Where's that postcard again!
    Waiting on my $37 credit from the lawsuit!
    I also have the Palm leather case and love it. It's very convenient to have the phone on my belt.
    I bought this case first from the sprint store when I got my pre on the 6th. I just went into best buy and they had the Rocketfish Snap case with holster and I think I like it more. It takes too long to get the phone out of the leather slip case (feels like it might pop out and hit the ground if one isn't careful). My only fear with the Reocketfish is that I won't be able to put it over my pre after I install my bodyguardz full protectors.
    I bought the case with my pre from the sprint store. I'm not a fan of the pull strap. I borderline hate it, but the case is very solid sturdy, and the clip will never fall off your belt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast