Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    man sounds like this rocket fish case is really good. and i had just order bodyguardz. well i still need that for the touch screen.

do they make one of these in pink? (its for wife)
    The only colors I see available (according to Best Buy's website) are black, gunmetal, clear, and clear with red border. However, I think only the black comes with a holster.
    Yeah only the black comes with the holster. I thought it was flimsy at first but now turning the screen towards the belt clips makes it feel like it locks in better. I also ordered the body guards but still plan on having them installed as well. Better safe than sorry.
    Not sure if the bodyguard covers the whole device but I treid to put the $4.99 Best Skin ever but you cant have both ( the case is tight on the device and I get the feeling the heat would melt the skin to the PRE) so just went with a screen saver and case.
    I got to admit that I read the 4 reviews on BestBuy.com and they werent great BUT this case is absolutley perfect. Solid. Everything works. Nice looking. and low priced. Perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    I have that one, too. Nice fit, but makes the slider harder to open. PITA to get off again, too.
    Yes I got that one (rocketfish clear hard case) too and returned it for a couple of reasons:

-did make it harder tro slide
    -really tough to take off, worried about the pushing and twisting you have to do on the slider to remove it also it leaves little marks where it clips on
    -heat buildup under the plastic
    -could not get it to work well with the touchstone. i could get it to charge a few times but would not stay on the puck securly at all, would slide off
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Not sure if the bodyguard covers the whole device but I treid to put the $4.99 Best Skin ever but you cant have both ( the case is tight on the device and I get the feeling the heat would melt the skin to the PRE) so just went with a screen saver and case.
    I got to admit that I read the 4 reviews on BestBuy.com and they werent great BUT this case is absolutley perfect. Solid. Everything works. Nice looking. and low priced. Perfect.
    Are you serious.. Damn, I have not installed my Bodyguradz yet but was going to. So how could the heat melt the skin any more than normal heat? Has anyone tried Rocketfish Snap on case over any sort of full skin like the Bodyguard or best skin covers?
    I was saying I had a feeling it could happen , was just a guess by me considering how hot the phone gets and then your going to put a peice of plastic between the phone and case. But as I said you can tuse a bodyguard and the case. Case is a perfect fit. Will not fiit with a bodyguard on unless you cut the guard to cover the screen only.

Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Are you serious.. Damn, I have not installed my Bodyguradz yet but was going to. So how could the heat melt the skin any more than normal heat? Has anyone tried Rocketfish Snap on case over any sort of full skin like the Bodyguard or best skin covers?
    You can confirm the Rocketfish Snap case will not fit over a pre with a bodyguardz installed? I really didn't want to have to cut them up, I'd rather send them back considering I purchased the whole kit not just the screen covers.
    Last edited by TechFirstAid; 06/12/2009 at 07:40 PM.
    No , I was using a Best Skins ( from the other thread) and I couldnt get the cover to totally snap on. And trying to get the Cover off then ripped the Skin. I dont have a Body Glove sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    You can confirm the Rocketfish Snap case will not fit over a pre with a body glove installed? I really didn't want to have to cut them up, I'd rather send them back considering I purchased the whole kit not just the screen covers.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    No , I was using a Best Skins ( from the other thread) and I couldnt get the cover to totally snap on. And trying to get the Cover off then ripped the Skin. I dont have a Body Glove sorry.
    I meant bodyguardz not body glove.. sorry. I wonder if they are the same thickness as the best skins.
    I knew what you meant Tech. I dont think you can use these skins with a hard case. I had a body Guard ( I believe) on my Centro and I could not get the Siedio hard case on it But I was able to use a silicon Skin. Most of these cases are pretty tight and someone can correct me If I am wrong but I think the bodyguards are way thicker than the Best Skins. Best Skins is like a screen saver that goes all over the phone , my bodyguard had a slight thickness to it and slight texture to give it a grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    The only colors I see available (according to Best Buy's website) are black, gunmetal, clear, and clear with red border. However, I think only the black comes with a holster.
    Dang, my gunmetal one was the only one on the shelf, but I just needed something to keep it safe. I need to look into getting a clear with border. The face plate is just like the protection the indented Treo naturally provided so I am fine with the sliding issue and know how to remove the case without damage.
    Eryn Tzun
    tzun.com
    I'm just an ignorant warrior who believes that love means you're willing to fight and die for your fellow living beings.
    After reading here about the RocketFish clip on case earlier today I stopped at Best Buy and bought one. It would be great, EXCEPT, it doesn't work with the Touchstone. The case is too thick for the magnets to 'grab' the Pre - and it doesn't charge the phone, for the same reason.

If you aren't using a Touchstone then this is a great case.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    After reading here about the RocketFish clip on case earlier today I stopped at Best Buy and bought one. It would be great, EXCEPT, it doesn't work with the Touchstone. The case is too thick for the magnets to 'grab' the Pre - and it doesn't charge the phone, for the same reason.

If you aren't using a Touchstone then this is a great case.
    Thanks for checking it out kgilbertsen. That is bummer that it won't work! I'm going to have to go yell at the Best Buy employee for lying to me I guess. . .
    Sorry i did not mention that, I dont use a touchstone so I didnt even consider that for ya'all. There are only two minor issues I see with this case both minor and maybe not an issue to some.
    1. The case is close to the top row of keys. When typing , your nails touch the case slightly, not a major issue.
    2. The power button is slightly harder to get to. For me I love that as I kept accidently putting my PRE on when I grabbed it . And its not going on in my pocket anymore.

Neither of these are a big deal but thought I would mention that.
    The back of the RocketFish did not totally clip onto the Pre. I tried many times, but could not get all of the 'clips' over the edge of the phone. My thoughts are 1- my motor skills are lacking and/or 2-the phone back used for the Touchstone is a bit larger than the 'stock' cover. But if you're not using the Touchstone I think this would be a great cover. Maybe they'll come out with one for use with the Touchstone?
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I just saw this case (Rocketfish) on Best Buy's site. Before I buy it, is this the same case that you could buy at the Sprint stores on 6/6? Cause I remember people hating those cases, saying their phones weren't secure, etc.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    No this is a completly different case from the one that sprint had on release day. I had them show me that case. Did not like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    I just saw this case (Rocketfish) on Best Buy's site. Before I buy it, is this the same case that you could buy at the Sprint stores on 6/6? Cause I remember people hating those cases, saying their phones weren't secure, etc.
    Yeah, a totally different case. The Sprint case was not secure at all, and made of cheap plastic. The RocketFish is much better made, and the phone is held securely. I have been using another company's similar case for my Treo 755 for a couple of years and it has never accidentally 'let go' of the phone. I like that style of case as it lets you get to the phone quickly. Right now I have the Sprint leather pouch, which is well made, but a bit slow to get out of the case, and, for me at least, takes 2 hands. A RocketFish type case that would work with the Touchstone would be ideal.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I can also state that the Sprint store employee snapped on the Rocketfish back for me, placed it on the touchstone, it would not stay.
    Also, it would not charge even if you held in there.
    Dont get this case, if you plan to get a touchstone charger.
    Remember, PALM may make a touchstone charger for the car (wouldnt that be awesome?) so if you want to possibly use that too, then i think i'd stay away from hardcases.

Next question... will the body armor, or invisible shields, actually work with the touchstone? I have not heard of anyone with success (or failure) yet.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast