Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I have never used these types of "skins" before. The only ones I have been used to are the ones that simply stick over the LCD screen. I purchased mine directly from the website: http://www.bodyguardz.com/Palm_Pre_p/palmpre.htm

Comes with 2 sets of body skins (front and back), a small plastic card and a small bottle of liquid. Very easy steps:

1. Wash your hands, and make sure the Pre is clean (I took a moist towel and wiped it down and used a microfiber cloth to remove any lint/dust)
    2. Spray the liquid on your fingers (make sure they are always moist because if you touch the sticky side of the skin, its powerful enough to lift your upper dermis of your finger and will make it permanently dirty.)
    3. Now with your moist fingers, lift the skin off of the paper and spray the sticky side with the liquid (I drenched mine).
    4. Apply the skin on the top, and use the card to push any liquid and bubbles (not too hard, you'll stretch the skin).
    5. Then push down the sides of the skin to stick to the sides of the body.
    6. And then leave it alone for 12 hours (Did mine at night).

It took me about 15-20 minutes to install the front and back cover. The reason why it takes long is because your adjusting and readjusting the skin to fit the Pre perfectly.

The skin feels very smooth and slick. It holds the body very tight. I am no longer afraid it may get scratches. The screen is just as responsive as no skin (Which I was concerned). I am happy with my choice of skin. I recommend anyone who has a Pre, to get one of these to protect your Pre. Its not a glass LCD, so it is more prone to scratches.

Tips:
    - Some of the skin my protrude a little. I took a cuticle clipper and carefully clipped the excess skin.
    - The screen may look hazy and some bubbles may remain. Don't panic, hour after hour, it will start to evaporate and will smooth out.
    - Don't be afraid of the excess liquid getting into/near the mic or speakers. Mine is working 100% with no damage.

Below is the image after the first hour (Some of the dust you see is not beneth the skin).
    Last edited by jp700p; 06/12/2009 at 12:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Every pre owner should use a skin.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fry8 View Post
    Every pre owner should use a skin.
    You don't happen to work for body gaurdz do you??
    very nice!
    nice review, can you post some side view pics? I'd like to see how the skin wraps around the phone. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha View Post
    nice review, can you post some side view pics? I'd like to see how the skin wraps around the phone. Thanks!
    yes! side shots would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by rburna View Post
    yes! side shots would be awesome!
    Side shots: http://forums.precentral.net/1666224-post49.html
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    This is the first time I've put it on and the front has a a few decent size bubbles.....do these go away?

The backside I did was much smoother but the inside corners keep pulling up just a bit.

Suppose I could redo the whole phone if it doesn't get better by tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    This is the first time I've put it on and the front has a a few decent size bubbles.....do these go away?

The backside I did was much smoother but the inside corners keep pulling up just a bit.

Suppose I could redo the whole phone if it doesn't get better by tomorrow.
    I got a few big bubbles too. Yes, they will start to disappear after a few days.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Does this skin do away with fingerprints, or do they still show up?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkemp88 View Post
    Does this skin do away with fingerprints, or do they still show up?
    It is not prone to finger prints at all (it takes a lot of sweat to make any prints on this skin). Its amazing. Wish I knew about this stuff with my old itouch.
    I had the invis sheild on my Instinct and hated the feel of it for sliding ,took the front off because of it. How is this for doing gestures. Does it slide freely or does it have that tacky feel to it.
    Anyone want to buy my set? I bought an extra one buy mistake and don't need it. PM me if interested.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoPrince View Post
    I had the invis sheild on my Instinct and hated the feel of it for sliding ,took the front off because of it. How is this for doing gestures. Does it slide freely or does it have that tacky feel to it.
    I have tried the invisi on my friends iphone, and it feels tacky. The bogy guardz glides without any hesitation. The screen is just as responsive as if it didn't have the skin on it. Gestures, points and scrolls all work perfectly. I was expecting some lag or miss gestures, but they all work everytime.
    I have this skin on my Pre and I love it. Don't think I will ever go back to the cheap ones. I did not put one on the back because I have the touchstone back. Did anyone put one on there touchstone back? If so can you post some pics. Here are some all around pics for you guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    coupon code macworld for 20% off. worked as of 6/13 this morning.
    something i have learned from applying screen protectors in the past....

crank up the shower as hot as it will get and shut the bathroom door. The humidity will kill all the dust in the room so you don't get any little floaters that get under the screen while you are applying the screen protector. My last screen protector had no dust under it and it was glorious
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Just re-did the front screen protector last night. Looks 100 times better and the inside corner curves are staying down this time. Got some minor bubbles on the front, but those will go away from what I understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesmoke33 View Post
    something i have learned from applying screen protectors in the past....

crank up the shower as hot as it will get and shut the bathroom door. The humidity will kill all the dust in the room so you don't get any little floaters that get under the screen while you are applying the screen protector. My last screen protector had no dust under it and it was glorious
    You run the risk of activating the water damage stickers due to the humidity.