Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am facing severe noise-cracking issues (while on call) when i sync my Pre with my car (inifinti g37) via Bluetooth

The signal is full strength but the call quality is horrendous...i can hear this knocking sound every 2 seconds and the other party constantly complains that they cant hear me clearly.

i know the other side is not the factor because i get the same issue when i try to access the voice mail

I know the car is not an issue cos i have used it with numerous devices - iphone, samsung a737, nokia N70

Anyone else experiencing the same problem? anyone else synced their phone with their cars and NOT have this problem? ANY input would help here as i am thinking my 2nd return (first due to the much discussed dicoloration)

Thanks!!!!!

**UPDATE**
    Palm has the following thread going to collect possible data regarding bluetooth issues.
    Oddly enough, there are a bunch of infy/nissan owners.
    So get out there and make yourself heard!

**Post WebOS 1.2 UPDATE - 10/5/09 **
    I am no longer noticing this issue on my G37 - so I am happy camper!!

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...7489&jump=true
    Last edited by pre1183; 10/05/2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Bluetooth issues resolved in webOS 1.2 ?!
    no issues with my deck, infact works like 90% beeter then my last phone. AND it could still be your deck, just b/c one phone works great with the deck does not mean all phone will work well with it. My radio allows me to update the bluetooth software in it to support newer phomes that might cummunicate to it a little diff then others. I'm not saying its not your phone, i'm just saying it could be alot of diff things.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    It may be an Infiniti-Pre issue. My 09 FX has bluetooth issues too. My calls goes through fine but every once in a while the car just won't reconnect with the phone. Callers have not complained about sound quality so my situation is slightly different than yours.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rijc99 View Post
    It may be an Infiniti-Pre issue. My 09 FX has bluetooth issues too. My calls goes through fine but every once in a while the car just won't reconnect with the phone. Callers have not complained about sound quality so my situation is slightly different than yours.
    Thanks!

this is just tells me that its the Pre..cos i think Infi's use the same bluetooth hardware

i am gonna borrow a friends pre this weekend for a field test and make a final call on the return....oh man...these returns are killing me...i hate it that the palm profile restore does not rememeber the "profile linking" when you link identical contacts across gmail/fbook that the pre missed
    My Pre works great with my '09 Chevy Malibu's BT system (AKA Onstar 8.0). I've been using it since Saturday and not one problem. Audio seems to be even better than my iPhone.
    Mine works well with a Jabra speakerphone I got from Costco.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by rijc99 View Post
    My 08 G has the crackling issue as well... is this something that could be fixed with a software update?
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    My 08 G has the crackling issue as well... is this something that could be fixed with a software update?
    If it's something specific to Infiniti, then most likely it's a software update. Any chance that Infiniti has a software update to their bluetooth systems? I found a few old posts referencing Infiniti software updates but nothing very recent, but that was just a very quick check.

I know my BMW had software updates from time to time that addressed various issues with the iDrive, including improvements/updates to the BT protocol in use.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    im hoping its just the phone man...my G is an '08 as well
    were you able to use your old phone with your G without issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by pre1183 View Post

Yeah my old Treo 755p had no issues.... I hope it's something that can be fixed without replacing the phone, because I don't have any issues with the phone.
    It doesn't necessarily mean there is anything "wrong" with either - but as bluetooth is constantly evolving (maybe a better way to put that is "refining") there are updates that need to be done to static equipment - in this case, if could be a service update to the software in your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by raremage View Post
    It doesn't necessarily mean there is anything "wrong" with either - but as bluetooth is constantly evolving (maybe a better way to put that is "refining") there are updates that need to be done to static equipment - in this case, if could be a service update to the software in your car.
    I was actually curious if the BT needed to be updated in the car. Does anyone know who I could contact about that?
    My Pre is working well w/ the Bluetooth on my '08 Prius. Good sound, no crackling.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    My Pre is working well w/ the Bluetooth on my '08 Prius. Good sound, no crackling.
    Ah. Seems like it's an Infiniti thing. I wonder if the dealer would be able to do anything about it.
  15.    #15  
    So I will
    1) do a field test with my buddy's pre to rule that out
    2) contact infi about a software upgrade (if available)

Thanks for all the input guys!!!
    So I will
    1) do a field test with my buddy's pre to rule that out
    2) contact infi about a software upgrade (if available)

Thanks for all the input guys!!!
    Let us know the results! Hopefully this can be corrected easily!
    Having the same problem with my Infiniti EX. I stopped by a Sprint Store and spoke with one of the managers for their West Coast loacations who happened to be in the store and he said he was having the same problem in his BMW. I called Sprint and was told that they're working on a fix...
    TEMPORARY FIX - I spoke with Infiniti (they're aware of the problem) and the tech told me to take the call off of the Bluetooth speaker (putting it onto the handset) and then reconnect the Bluetooth speaker and it should fix the problem. I tried it and it works! Only problem is you have to do it everytime you get/place a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by blawrepre View Post
    TEMPORARY FIX - I spoke with Infiniti (they're aware of the problem) and the tech told me to take the call off of the Bluetooth speaker (putting it onto the handset) and then reconnect the Bluetooth speaker and it should fix the problem. I tried it and it works! Only problem is you have to do it everytime you get/place a call.
    Sounds great! Will give it a try.
    My 2007 Audi A4 does not seem to pick up the Pre, and the Pre doesn't list the car as a device to sync with. Not sure if it's the same problem, such as older Bluetooth technology in the car.

Do I have to call Audi to find out what the deal is? Or is this something I can fix myself?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast